Atlantis: The Throne

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lllStrichcodelll, Nov 21, 2021.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A raid so disliked even a mutli million dollar pet cant convince most players to farm it.

To start this thread, i dont dislike the raid in general and enjoyed the elite version a lot and still do to some degree now.

So, whats this thread about then?

The Seahorse trinket that drops at the last boss of this raid. I tried farming it myself and the drop rate seems off.
    I exclusively farmed all the other pets in elite content - if possible.

All of the Raid pets seem to have a chance of ~15% to drop in elite content.
    Each run of GoM E someone in the group dropped a T3 Phoenix.
    Each run of Ttb E someone in the group dropped a T3 Starro.

After running 5x Atlantis: The Throne Elite, we dropped 0.

Besides asking a dev to look into this particular drop rate, to double check if its on track, theres something else i'd like to communicate.

Its something that has been in the game since operations became a thing during the Hand of Fate Dlc. Instance resetting.

After all players left the area of an operation, the instance resets entirely - the loot aswell.
    This can be used to farm certain items more efficiently - such as the Vampire Bat or the Seahorse.

All you have to do is - after defeating the last boss - warp to anywhere like HoL for example.
    After all 8 group members left the instance, set up a 5 minute timer and re-enter the operation through the teleporter in the watchtower or Hall of doom.

You will still be at your last checkpoint - wich will be the last boss in Throne or the entrance of the 2nd area in darkness rising.

Hope this helps a bit in farming those items.

Please note this isnt efficient in Throne N since its faster fighting your way back manually instead of waiting 5 minutes.
    • Like x 1
  2. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Yeah. That whole DLC was complete garbage. Aquaman finally has an episode dedicated to him!…. Oh wait. It’s all about Mera…. Bc that’s what fans were wanting
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

I've been transparent about the drop rates of these and iconic weapons. 5 percent in Normal. 10 percent in Elite. I'll double check this one on Monday but if it's set correctly then RNG is RNG.
    • Like x 6
  4. Jcal Dedicated Player

I must have missed those drop rate numbers, but thank you, Charon, for restating. I'll keep them in mind going forward.
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Now I see your mistake.
    In DC the magic number is 52.
    The drop rate should be 52%.... and in Elite it should drop 52 weapon boxes.

Or something like that. ;)
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'm a filthy liar. To be fair, I've slept since then and had a mini vacation so... the actual drop numbers are the following:

Iconic weapons 5 percent in normal, 10 percent in elite that I have mentioned on the forums before.
    Combat pets are 5 percent in normal and in elite. The reason they don't drop higher is because the one in Elite that does drop is superior than the Normal version. For the weapons they are the same assets in both modes. If the pets were the same, I'd have higher drop rate too in Elite.

Also verified through combat loot logging that he does drop the Seahorse at that rate.

Additionally, I just checked Live and see it on the broker so it does indeed drop.

Sorry about my matter of fact incorrect response earlier. :p
    • Like x 13
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No wonder your pants were on fire. ;)
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

And to think you named yourself after the good whose name means "of keen gaze".

I am very disappointed.

Fweem.
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would like to encourage anyone who ever dropped the Seahorse T3 pet in Throne E to leave a comment here and tell us how many attempts it took (if you farmed it on purpose). :)

Im on my 9th run without anyone in the group ever dropping it.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

9 runs x 8 players all wiffing. 72 at bats all strikes....rough. RNGesus is a cruel god.

This is why I do not spam.
    • Like x 2
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well i spammed the first 6 a couple weeks ago. Now i run it once a day at max.

The problem is that since the release of these pets i've seen only 2 T3 Seahorses on the broker (EU PS/PC). Nobody does it. T2 seahorse are once a week on the broker for well over 80m (equal to 500M on Us i assume).

Grinding and farming forever isnt my cup of tea but it seems as if its nobodys cup of tea at least on EU. :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See this is where I'd 'grind' something else, that I know will sell so I can buy that 80m seahorse when it pops up, either running OW/Solo/Duo for whatever I'm 'farming'. Old OP cats still sell well as do collections for older OP items. Those things I know I'd get more often than a 5% chance(seems that way at least), I wouldn't have to build or get into a group of 8 and wouldn't be trapped in a terrible run I hate for 30 (or more...maybe way more) minutes.

You do you, but yeah, I dropped out of that going for a single thing back when Captain Cold's hood was still hot. It went for a few mil when a few mil was a lot, so I gathered the few mil in collections etc instead...then bought the hood. I hated running Arkham every day trying to get it, and it wasn't even for a feat...it was just to 'have' it.

Good luck though. I'm sure the 10th run will be the one....or the one after that...or the one after that...
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Quick self correction I want to point out before someone else calls me on it. I said Arkham....Cap Cold hood was Strykers...Arkham was the scarecrow stuff (cleaver...straw hat...although I think that came from sewer solo too).
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Thanks for checking. I was suspicious the drop rate was off since the broker price on the Seahorse has on average been double the other combat pets. I suppose maybe it's due to popularity or some other factor.

On another note. I quite enjoyed The Throne Elite and this whole DLC.
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You and me both. I've bought all the pets off the broker. I am by no means a regular billionaire (I occasionally tip over $1B) but I'm all about cutting out RNG whenever I can.
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On our 13th run it dropped once.

:D

Not for me though. :oops:
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This will be my last comment on this thread.

14th run dropped 2 T3 Seahorses and 15th another one.

It was simply really really bad rng.
    • Like x 1
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Good stuff.
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really dont want to beat a dead (Sea-)horse but since the last content update of legion of doom, the pet is absent from the broker on EU PS. There are some groups that farm it and they told me that it didnt drop for them ever since (full group).

I havent personally attempted it more than 2x since then, because my motivation is quite low after 40 runs of not getting it to drop myself.

Has anyone dropped it withing the timeframe im talking about? :)
  20. STsource Well-Known Player

It's always on broker on USPC/PS side - I'm sure it's population thing and amount of times people run it.

Long overdue EU merging with US.
    • Like x 1