Atlantis DLC currency

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Shago1594, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Shago1594 Active Player

Will they recycle the Atlantean Crowns from Deluge or will we get a new one?
    • Like x 1
  2. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I think we will get new ones like Atlantean Royal crowns or something ^-^.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Atlantean Coins would be fitting but "Pearls" would be something new
    • Like x 1
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

That would be too nice and customer oriented, so no.
    • Like x 1
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

The way the system is set now no we won't see crowns. The "sort of new" system for currency requires a totally new coinage for each DLC to ensure the only way any player can buy the new gear from that DLC is by playing that content.

Amazon Fury III gave us Ancient Coins
    Age of Justice introduced the War Bond
    Riddled with Crime used Marked bills
    Earth 3 ushered in Ultra bucks
    Deluge we got the Atlantian Crown
    Death of Superman (which "technically" is not even considered a DLC ) gave us the Tribute
    And Titan Island is using Titan Creds.

The Atlantian Royal Crown idea that Flawless used would work but they might decide to go with some thing just a bit farther away from the deluge Crowns just to keep from confusing players. Mermaid's Pearls idea would be good as well.. they are very valuable and they do come from {CUES SABASTIAN}
    Sadly we have some players out there that would get confused. Some would be on here moaning because "The vendor won't take my crowns. What is the game so messed up?' While in Game we see the usual rash of comments I can't even print here because we have no X rating be cause that " $%^$^&^*(*&(*))*I) vendor won't sell me ^%^&%&^&*^*. This game *&*&*&(*(> " They automatically assume the game is broke and messing with them.. Could not possibly be they are not READING things right and using the wrong currency. LOL
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

There’s no point in having a new gear set and combat rating progression if half the player base already has currency with which to buy it. I know they did this with Deluge, but that was an exception as they converted an event into permanent content.
    • Like x 3
  7. Dene Devoted Player

exactly.. all that would happen is people would run the easier Deluge stuff and buy the new gear.. in fact im guessing ppl would be geared up so quickly it would create a mess
  8. C3alix Committed Player

Nemo's Tears
    • Like x 2
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

That's what happened with Deluge and it absolutely took a toll on the little longevity that DLC had. How awesome it may sound having the advantage of getting to buy gear straight away with saved up marks at release day, i'd rather have a new DLC be all new and fresh for all of us to grind out from the start.
    • Like x 5
  10. Proxystar #Perception

100% this, deluge was categorically destroyed imo by people who had marks saved from the year before.
    • Like x 4
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

No, it would not. Our conveniecne =/= customer orientation. Just think a second about what it would mean to have Atlantean Crowns again. smh :p
  12. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Fish Sticks?
    • Like x 2
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I cant see atlantis using pearls as currency, especially after we know they come from a shelled creature in the sea which atlanteans dont kill, as with other sealife. They do eat vegetation, you know, to stay vegetarian or vegan in their beliefs of not destroying nature.
  14. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I don't think lore would have anything to do with what currency we use but let me just correct you on that Atlanteans don't kill other sealife statement. Atlanteans do eat fishes, lobsters, crabs, etc.
    Here is a recent example,
    Nereus having a feast.
    (From the pages of Mera: Queen of Atlantis miniseries):

[IMG]

So yeah if you ever wondered what Atlanteans eat.. and no it's not considered cannibalism! As for the Atlanteans beliefs of destroying nature, this was never delved deeply into as far as I know and these guys mount of sharks and seahorses/seadragons and use sealife into warfare!

[IMG]

Also, harvesting pearls does not kill an oyster.
  15. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Maybe they'll use Krabby Patties. :)
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd guess the word 'Atlantean' will not be in there. I'd guess something 'oceanic' or 'underwater' named. Or pearls(as Mermaid suggested)....I could see that. Sounds 'ocean-y' and completely different from the crowns. Also pearls have real world value, so it's kind of money-ish already.

Reinheld
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hmmm Krabby Patties.. i like this but isn't there a possibility that we all could wind up under the rule of these two...

[IMG]

How about one of these? Neptune's Niblets? Poesidon's Pennies? Or on a slightly more serious note how about Gold of the Gorgons? hey we have them in game and I JUST looked it up they are considered Sea Creatures. NAW lets stick with Poseidon's Pennies.. Give everyone the feeling they are getting a really great deal because all that new armor only costs a few hundred pennies. LOL
    • Like x 1
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Well you sure did the research. Cant argue that. Would be funny if the currency does have anything to do with pearls.