Top Bug - Fixed Atlantis area (Poseidon fight) has no map

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by TheLorax, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Krys Ptoleny New Player

Yes, hud is horrible in all of Atlantis on PS4. Can’t even play it because it wastes a lot of time at the end because you can’t see earnings, powers, cool downs... I seriously throw away my bonus marks running it in event mode...but of course... can hardly beat it now with it so messed up...
  2. Kestral Committed Player

Honestly this glitch makes sense to me because testing is only done on PC by non Devs (at least I hope they are testing on PS/ Switch as well) but regardless since only the PC players can help in testing most of the bugs when new content goes live seems to be on the PS side though there have been some great PC bugs too that only appeared on live not on the test servers.
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

It’s actually depressing to think that you could be correct. That they would launch a major game update for PlayStation without quality checking it on a PlayStation.

Personally I’m really sick of being presented with broken new content and then either
    a) a quick fix
    b) a slow fix
    c) no fix
    d) a fix that makes running content easier for people who happen to run it on a particular week

And then always:
    e) no explanation
    • Like x 1
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

You can't switch servers with a PS client. The server you join is based on the location settings in your PSN account. There is no way to do a PS test client because of the "walled garden" method of installing apps, and test clients need to be updated sometimes daily or even multiple times in a day, which is well short of the required approval times for any PS Store releases.

Unless they can get people into a "PS Developer" program or set up with some kind of "test server certificate" that permits us to install a program from outside of the PSN store we won't be able to join the public test server.
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

So are you saying any game company who brings out a game update can’t quality test it on a PlayStation, or just DI?
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

i'm betting they COULD make a PS4 test server, but generally have not done so for "who knows why"
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Any company would have to go through this process. It's no different than releasing an app for an iPhone or iPad... anything with a walled garden requires some kind of certificate of authentication installed in the device to which you want to install the program and they have a limited number of licensed spaces available.
  8. Kestral Committed Player

I have been genuinely curious about the feasibility of this in general as my friends all play the game on PS and I'm the only one who can use the test server. One thing that most don't know is that the test server is actually a separate application from the live DCUO. So it's a whole separate account, log in, everything. While I have a PS4 I don't really use it for much so I don't know if test applications are a thing other games who want player testing are able to use and I see no signs of this on google. Has anyone ever seen advance testing of a DLC on PS? If it's just not a thing then one can hardly blame DCUO for a testing capability that doesn't exist on the platform.
  9. nawanda Loyal Player

Ok but I wasn’t proposing a PlayStation PTS specifically, just some better quality control in general. Other game developers surely must have ways to do this that don’t rely upon player involvement.
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

oh, I'm proposing a PS4 test server. we're the bulk of the population so it would make theoretical sense to have test server access on the home platform, instead of being given "access" to a PC server - which I don't game on because I bought a ps4 so....
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This thread should just be about the bug. It isn't feasible to have a console test server. We don't use public test servers for client performance testing, anyway.

The issue here was a map change and a specific part of perf testing we missed. It was based on the original Atlantis, before we went through and culled a lot of the pretty stuff out for consoles. Because it is a map and client issue, the fix needs a full publish with our partners, which means it will take a little longer to go through the submission process (vs. server/data things we can change overnight).
    • Like x 3
  12. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

What's not feasible about a much needed console test server?
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I get it's not feasible... I've seen the process for doing an iPhone/iPad app, the required submission time, etc., as well as what it took in order to be able to install a beta client and I assume the process with Sony, PSN, and the PlayStation Store will be something similar.

That said, do you have an estimate of when this bug will be fixed and are there any steps we can take to mitigate issues in the meantime such as turning down video effects, turning off overhead titles and league names, etc?
    • Like x 2
  14. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

15. Legasei Well-Known Player

16. Sexy_Shell Active Player

So i did a search and didn't see anything about the new alert. The last section of the new alert is very laggy name's of ppl in the group vanish loadout vanishes blinks in and out during whole last part. Maybe taking all the un-needed ads outside the area would help as they are not really needed. Not like we have to fight them. Please fix this thanks
    • Like x 1
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's a known issue on PS4 (or maybe all consoles, not sure. I know it doesn't happen on PC) and unfortunately it requires a client hotfix, which is the type of hotfix that can sometimes take a few weeks to be approved by Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo. They are actively working on getting it fixed though.
    • Like x 1
  18. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

And this has still not been addressed! -.- Between this and the phasing issues on the open world, I am not impressed with this episode thus far.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The issue has been addressed. They are working on a fix.
  20. Wallflower Level 30

LOL. Sure they are. Just like the fix that came for The Phoenix Cannon. Or they'll hope people will just move on and forget about it with the next dlc.