At this point I don't even care about not getting new PvP content.....

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by GhostsAndMagic, Apr 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recoil2 Dedicated Player

which means you lied if you could reply to everything in my post, then obviously you read the whole thing AGAIN why should i believe a liar? and ONCE AGAIN nothing i said about powers contradicts, SP, armor, skills etc can be improved to bridge the gap, and of course powers will always be different, which is the problem with your idea to begin with. ALSO again you said NOTHING prior to that post, with 3 or 4 posts of you arguing something else before i posted mine in comment to yours, so NO even when you FINALLY said something about gear and SP, you had not said anything about it prior, so you don't get that privilege to say "but i have been saying it." because you had not once brought it up. again you've proven my point, you DON'T care about improving your skill points or anything else to try and help yourself, could you switch to a faster harder hitting power? of course, but that ISN'T an imbalance, that's just how the game works. like i said what you consider "unfair" and "an imbalance" is just how the game works, if you don't like it, then you should have picked the cheese OP powers which require no work or skill. as for me, i see those morons go down daily without an inkling of understanding, you COULD look at it from that perspective, but do you really think these people picking powers based on how hard they hit have even remotely learned anything or do well outside of PVP duels? like i said, you're entitled and envious, that's kind of obvious. me? i accept that as a nature healer/DPS i made my bed and have to sleep in it, and personally i don't pay any attention to the people i see DYING on a daily basis because they chose an OP power and never learned to do anything but DPS. unlike YOU i actually work on my stats slowly but surely and have bought a second armory to start differentiating damage and healer roles for once. go ahead......switch.......if you're not going to put in the effort to improve it doesn't matter WHAT you choose. STATS are the bridge that evens the playing field, till you realize that of course you will keep losing XD.
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

3. Lugo Well-Known Player

Welp, once again, I didn't read your entire post but you're already completely wrong. So let's break this down.

I read it as I was typing my reply because I didn't have to read the whole thing before starting to know that you were wrong throughout the entire post. Just like this one. So at the time of me saying I didn't read the whole post, I didn't. But by the end of the post, I did.

I'll repeat myself (like with everything else I've said) to try to get it through to you. If we are arguing balance, which we are, and you tell me that there are certain types of powers that are ALWAYS BETTER than other powers, that means there is a built-in imbalance in the game. Yes?

If you then say, the balance is determined by how much work you put in, instead of which power you have, then that contradicts there being a problem of balance. If it were so simple as working to be on that level, we would not have a problem of imbalance.

You can work to be better, yes.

But at a certain point, when you have the gear, the SPs, etc., it will THEN come down to which power you have. Why? Because there is an imbalance of power REGARDLESS of the work you put in.

But at a certain point, when you have the gear, the SPs, etc., it will THEN come down to which power you have. Why? Because there is an imbalance of power REGARDLESS of the work you put in.

And THAT is the problem.

No. That isn't the problem with my idea. Has it ever occurred to you that powers can be different but balanced? They can play differently, look differently, work differently. And AT THE SAME TIME, their EFFECTIVENESS can be on the same level. If each power is different but ALL powers are just as effective as either a DPS, Tank, Troll or Healer, that is when we see balance. That is when we see people switching powers to try something new rather than abuse mechanics to crush other players/content.

[qupte]ALSO again you said NOTHING prior to that post, with 3 or 4 posts of you arguing something else before i posted mine in comment to yours, so NO even when you FINALLY said something about gear and SP, you had not said anything about it prior, so you don't get that privilege to say "but i have been saying it." because you had not once brought it up.[/quote]

Who are you to tell me what I wasn't saying? I didn't explain in detail what I meant by balance because I didn't think anyone would be crazy enough to think that I meant everyone did the same amount of damage no matter how much gear or SPs I had. Who would ever suggest that? Why would you seriously believe I meant that? And even if that's what you thought, again, who are you to tell me what I was or wasn't saying?

Just because I didn't explain in detail doesn't mean that's what I meant by those comments, you are ridiculous.

No.

That is literally what imbalance is. You have the option to switch from a weaker power to a stronger power. I don't know how you could think otherwise.

One power is weaker, one power is stronger. They aren't equal in effectiveness. They are unequal in effectiveness. They are imbalanced.

You literally make no sense. I'm only wasting my time on you because I know there are dozens of people who think like you and who desperately need to know they're wrong.

If a game is imbalanced, that usually ISN'T how the game is supposed to work. If a game randomly chooses powers to make OP every now and again, that usually ISN'T how the game is supposed to work. DC is SUPPOSED to be balanced. Nowhere does it say "players should pay to switch to the powers we decide are going to be OP this month" in any guides or training areas.

This game is supposed to offer you a variety of powers, the end. Then how well you do is supposed to come to how well you learn those powers, the end.

This imbalance isn't a mechanic, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. It's clearly a marketing scheme to squeeze money out of players.

Anyone can go down daily. Anyone can be bad at the game. This is not at all the point. The point is balance.

All you do is assume. How could I be envious of anyone when I can just switch powers too... Think.

You accept broken systems because you're too weak or maybe scared to stand up against them. Things could change for the better if people like you didn't settle for less.

k

All you do is assume. I work on my stats too. I don't know why you would assume otherwise. Everyone works on their stats.

Yeah. So have I and like everyone else..

And THAT is the problem.
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

Who are you to tell me what I wasn't saying? I didn't explain in detail what I meant by balance because I didn't think anyone would be crazy enough to think that I meant everyone did the same amount of damage no matter how much gear or SPs I had. Who would ever suggest that? Why would you seriously believe I meant that? And even if that's what you thought, again, who are you to tell me what I was or wasn't saying?

Just because I didn't explain in detail doesn't mean that's what I meant by those comments, you are ridiculous.

No.

That is literally what imbalance is. You have the option to switch from a weaker power to a stronger power. I don't know how you could think otherwise.

One power is weaker, one power is stronger. They aren't equal in effectiveness. They are unequal in effectiveness. They are imbalanced.

You literally make no sense. I'm only wasting my time on you because I know there are dozens of people who think like you and who desperately need to know they're wrong.

If a game is imbalanced, that usually ISN'T how the game is supposed to work. If a game randomly chooses powers to make OP every now and again, that usually ISN'T how the game is supposed to work. DC is SUPPOSED to be balanced. Nowhere does it say "players should pay to switch to the powers we decide are going to be OP this month" in any guides or training areas.

This game is supposed to offer you a variety of powers, the end. Then how well you do is supposed to come to how well you learn those powers, the end.

This imbalance isn't a mechanic, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. It's clearly a marketing scheme to squeeze money out of players.

Anyone can go down daily. Anyone can be bad at the game. This is not at all the point. The point is balance.

All you do is assume. How could I be envious of anyone when I can just switch powers too... Think.

You accept broken systems because you're too weak or maybe scared to stand up against them. Things could change for the better if people like you didn't settle for less.

k

All you do is assume. I work on my stats too. I don't know why you would assume otherwise. Everyone works on their stats.

Yeah. So have I and like everyone else..

And THAT is the problem.[/quote]

like i said, a purposeful MECHANIC isn't an imbalance, it's a mechanic. rage is OP sure, but are you forgetting it has RAGE CRASH? that requires constant attention or you could lose in PVP or die in PVE, especially with some mechanics like steppenwolf flinging players off platform into the reactor in "New genesis now", king shark in crown of thorns, etc etc. all of the powers have their pros and cons, it's just very clear you haven't put that much thought into anything but repeating yourself like a broken record......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.