Asymmetrical griefing in Spring Event

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Anti-Monitor Monitor, May 19, 2021.

1. Anti-Monitor Monitor New Player

In the Gotham portion of the Spring Event, the heroes can interfere with the mission progression of villains, but villains cannot interfere with the mission progression of heroes. The heroes can kill the plant creatures villains are trying to cultivate, but villains cannot stop heroes from killing the plant creatures, or from taking out the plant-controlled creatures to save the civilians.
    I've been doing the event missions on both sides, and I don't think it's really fair that only one side can interfere. When playing as a villain, I haven't been griefed too badly by heroes killing my cultivating creatures, but it has happened at least once a day. I wouldn't mind this aspect so much if I could retaliate as a villain, but I can't. This should be looked at. There should either be some way villains can retaliate, or the devs should make it so that when you begin cultivating a creature, the heroes cannot kill it.
    • Like x 14
  2. AquiloFury Committed Player

Agreed 100%
    • Like x 3
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There are a few seasonal events where the Villains get the short end of the stick, but yeah, this one is a bit over the top. It sometimes takes me 3x as long to get vil's through the daily, especially low level farmers. I generally only farm on hero alts at this point, partially because of that.
    • Like x 3
  4. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I've run into this a few times and it should be fixed so that's not a possibility. Griefing sucks regardless of what faction is doing it. Reminds me of the whole lantern missions as you level up. Get 1 healer who wants to mess with you and there's nothing you can do, except try to get help from others.
    • Like x 3
  5. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Huh. When I read the title the first thing that popped into my head is all the people that queue for the Sewer Event Alert and then refuse to participate thinking that somehow Swamp Thing is just going to be defeated through wishful thinking.

I kid you not. Yesterday and the day before there was only one player that refused to participate in the fight at all. But today, NO ONE but me started to do the fight. I picked up one of those dispenser things, ran it to it's circle and ALL THREE of the other people in my group just stood there at the entrance not doing a ***** thing. Swamp Thing was pounding on me, chasing me all over the room while I was hitting the health barrels to keep from dying and those three just stood there at the entrance for over two minutes before they finally decided pitch in and participate.

TWO MINUTES +!!!!

The event alert could have been finished in that same time but NO! These three special little princesses couldn't be bothered to lift a finger to just get it done. WTF is wrong with the people that login to this game? If you're not going to play DON'T LOGIN!
    • Like x 5
  6. Anti-Monitor Monitor New Player

I was thinking of that same Lantern mission chain in the base game too. When I was levelling one of my toons and I hit those Lantern missions, I remember a couple of other players really messing with me and preventing me from completing the mission. I don't remember if I was hero or villain, but I eventually realized they were trying to complete the same mission, so I messed with them back. In the one mission, either side can kill the Lantern/Sinestro corp member the other side has to protect, so you can continue killing their objective and prevent them from finishing the mission. I think you can mess with the other side for a couple of missions in that chain, so we griefed each other for a good hour or so until we finally declared a truce and just finished the mission. It was kind of fun, but kind of irritating, but at least it was equal and I could retaliate.
    Anyway, when I had heroes killing my cultivated creatures in Gotham for the Spring Event, I immediately thought of those Lantern missions and figured I could interfere with their mission as retaliation. I followed them to a mission objective to retaliate and then quickly realized there was nothing I could do. So heroes can interfere with villains and not vice versa. This really should be changed.
    • Like x 1
  7. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yup. I'd prefer it if neither of us can interfere as I have no desire to bother people while they are doing their missions. But I mostly just try to avoid where heroes are when I play on my villains for seasonals.
    • Like x 1
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Yeah. You can also heal the lantern's they're fighting so they can't kill them at all. REALLY SUCKS when someone does that and you have to stop leveling because some cheezeball decided to screw with you.
    • Like x 1
  9. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Couldn’t agree more
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I don't think we have time to get a change out for this year, but I have it noted for next.
    • Like x 13
  11. Anti-Monitor Monitor New Player

Thanks for the reply, Mepps. It's totally understandable that nothing can be done for this year, and great news for next year!
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

If only there were a phase where they were auto--flagged as PVP and you could just attack them as a way to retaliate...

j/k, sort of. I get it and agree. In the meantime though the PVP phase is usually dead and would provide you at least some way to fight back.
    • Like x 1
  13. MiLady Well-Known Player

Thanks Mepps. It would be nice if the hero faction could be prevented from interfering with the Villan missions and vice-versa.

The next seasonal event (Summer, Aquaman) has a similar problem, but both factions can interfere with each other. A healer can heal the NPCs, thus preventing the other faction from KO'ing them. This sucks especially since you cant force the healer to stop it.

At least in the St. Patrick event, both factions benefits from capturing coins.
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

My first response to this would be...As a villain, you're trying to do the Seasonal near a Villain safe house right? You're not trying to do this near a Hero safe house because [insert excuse here].
  15. Anti-Monitor Monitor New Player

Being close to a Villain safehouse doesn't do anything to prevent heroes from interfering with the mission progress of villains if they choose. This is about the mechanics of the Spring Event mission objectives, and has nothing to do with proximity to safehouses, which doesn't prevent griefing.

Besides, because there doesn't seem to be a lot of Spring Event mission objectives, or because they are rapidly cleared, you have to expand your search away from safe houses and into more "neutral territory". This increases your chances of running into heroes doing the same thing.

In any case, in my experience, I've seen plenty of heroes close to safehouses looking for mission objectives. The times I have been griefed it is usually within a few blocks of the safehouse. The Spring Event mission objectives are not inside safehouses, but only start a few blocks away. So, being close to a villain safehouse doesn't prevent them from interfering.
    • Like x 2
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

My point is that you shouldn't just go to the other factions safe house area because you think it's easier. Or that the spawn rate is better. If you do then you're just asking for what the OP was stating.

I'm not stating the OP was doing this. Just pointing out what should be an obvious fact.
  17. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'd li
    I'd like to throw my vote behind "give villains the opportunity to interfere" instead of making everything all patty cake happy sunshine land.
    • Like x 2
  18. Eve YouTuber

If I see a villain interacting with a seasonal mission, I will walk away to find mine in a different location. I think most people don't know that or most people don't care.
    • Like x 1
  19. Anti-Monitor Monitor New Player

It's pretty easy for heroes not to know or care, because their missions cannot be interfered with. It's great that nice people such as yourself don't interfere with villain missions, but not everyone decides to be so nice about it.

It's not really about individual actions of players who play as heroes, it's about how the mechanics are unfair in that heroes can interfere, but villains cannot. After all, this has been acknowledged by the devs in this thread.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

I know I hate it when heroes and villains do heroic or villainous things around me and interfere because they're of the opposing faction and that's likely what they'd end up doing.

A stop must be put to this immediately, the immersion being experienced by having the opposing faction players apply a level of realistic immersion is ruining my otherwise pleasant unrealistic immersion of being able to do my open world activities free of any other player interactions that I do not approve of in a multiplayer game.