Assuming this is not a bug.....untradeable seals.

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Reinheld, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Didn't see it in the release notes, but seals are now account bound? I'm guessing this is by design, but if it is not, please fix.

BTW if it was by design, it would have been nice to know beforehand. I generally buy any seals on my main account and distribute to my kids's accounts as they are premium....I've got a lot of stock stuck on my main now, that I would have spread around had I known of the change. Guess they are done leveling their artifacts.

If I missed the update note, it's on me...sorry.

Reinheld
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's intended. There was some abuse so they had to make them account bound.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

How do you abuse seals? They are only available (at first) in the MP, so they get their cash regardless....unless you are talking some sort of glitch to duplicate/generate seals? If that's the case fix the glitch, not punish the honest users who are the 99% who might like to buy existing ones from the broker or trade/give them to others.

Reinheld
  4. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I want to guess some type of duplication, cuz pc side the seals of preservation were 330k-400k for 2-3 weeks straight(normally 1.3-1.9 mil), even seals of completion were cheap at 3mil (normally 6-10 mil)

I could be wrong of course thou, was odd that they got so cheap
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd guess you are right. As they are not cross platform tradable anyway, lock the exploiters (PC side-ALLEGEDLY) down till the glitch is fixed. Seals of Pres on PS side were 1.5 mil and comp seals were 12mil still....doubt there were any ill-gotten ones there.

Or fix the exploit(if that's what it is) completely....that's an idea.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

Maybe people were buying seal just to sale. 85$ can get you 220mil at the least and 600mil during double catalysts events. Maybe the money sellers were using them that way
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but I don't see where that would concern DBG...as long as they got their 85$, who cares what you do with the seals....duplicating them is a different story....if that's indeed what was happening. I doubt the gold sellers were buying any, unless they were buying from the marketplace and running up the in game prices....still as they do not come from anywhere except the MP originally, someone paid DBG for them, so they should be happy.

Either way....probably no return at this point, regardless of the reason for making them account bound. I for one will not be buying any more from MP, especially now that I have a surplus I can't trade around. They are actually losing money in my case due to the change.

Reinheld