Assassin Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Belthazur Dedicated Player

This is Intended? or Is it a Bug?
    • Like x 1
  2. dcuobank Level 30

He keeps dancing around the question I don't understand :( Being forced to wear a style and get collection drops over 10 days isn't fun and exciting for anyone. If the progression system was previewed in the livestream everyone would have told them to correct it :(
    • Like x 3
  3. Nanight New Player

Sorry to post here but cant post on the appropriate thread. Hopefully this can be brought up. Since style unlocking goes both ways villian and hero styles can be swaped, does this mean we could get a fraction change token? Since styles were a big part of that. Would love to make one of my heroes a villian. Again apologies for the wrong thread thing.
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I just checked the Loyalty vendor now that I'm home, and the marketplace version of the TC isn't there yet. Do you know when it will be added?
  5. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

When you complete all 3 do you get all 3 artifacts or do you have to pick 1 ?
    • Like x 1
  6. bull425 Well-Known Player

Why am I not getting the email from Ra's. I read the announcement, it says first time you will get the email from him, 40 minutes later, and nothing.
  7. bull425 Well-Known Player

Sorry for the double post. But essentially I have to hope that I get an artificer's capsule, so that I can get the email, so that I can get the visor, so that I can get pieces to build the artifact. I usually don't get too bent out of shape over stuff, I enjoy the game for the most part, but this is complete nonsense. I cannot believe that they have done this. Basically pay to get something for in game to make you better. Great move Devs, real great (sarcasm).
    • Like x 1
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

Well, if you are really into a different style, then Mepps' new info helps you.

Simply log on, equip the eyes, get your 3 collections for the day, then switch back to the style you would normally wear. Repeat everyday after till ya get all of them.

Personally, I dont mind the new eye style, it works for my character.
    • Like x 2
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I liked it. I love mysteries, puzzles, and anything that adds immersion/RP. Community reaction on the whole, though, suggests that to a large extent they’re not ready for you guys to introduce fun/mysterious things like this, because it’s such a big change from what they’re used to.

Don’t give up on the fun yet. Give them time to adjust and get used to being presented with new things this way, and in time you’ll be able to go full-on RP/immersion/mystery with things and they’ll love it. (Though there will always be those stodgy boring “tell me all the details of exactly what this is with a complete step by step walkthrough right now!” bums)

Keep at it and as people adjust, you’ll eventually get to the point where you can actually announce something like a new episode in-character or through roleplay as (for example) Carol Ferris sending out an SOS because Zamaron is being attacked and overwhelmed by something they’ve never encountered before, and Hal Jordan sending a reply before relaying a message through Oracle that he needs the players to come help because Oa is also under attack. In this example, the announcement might start with transcripts of the messages followed by a divider, after which would come a bit of OOC info about the new episode.
    • Like x 2
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That's a noble endeavor. The gotham clues were fun. This is a little too convoluted to be mysterious. Frustrating would be a better word. I'm not criticizing you personally, of course. Simply explaining how Joe Normal will likely see it.

If you guys had put the collections as semi-rare drops from any boss in game, for example, people would've probably picked up on it without being overly confused. It's just that you guys have already conditioned us to understand how artifacts work, and how collections work. In every case in this game (well, recently at least) collections drop either from bosses or loot caches. Nth metal, on the other hand, drops from anywhere, just very rarely.

So I think the only thing that threw everyone for a loop (well, except many apparently not understanding Ra's instructions to wear the style, not just collect it) was the 3 per day loot lock. If they were just semi-rare Nth metal, you would've been great. And here's the funny thing: Even if it would've taken 10 days to get all three collections completed, people would've been fine as long as the drops were consistent. What messed it up was, BOOM, nothing for 5 hours of straight work, and not knowing that it was the plan all along. That's my opinion, at least.
    • Like x 3
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Gotham clues? I think I missed something.
    • Like x 2
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

From the Riddled with Crime introduction quest, remember?
    • Like x 1
  13. velvetsanity Loyal Player

RWC was the newest DLC when I came back to the game after like 5 years away, so nope. I was only level 10 and only interested in relearning how to play.
    • Like x 1
  14. Isif Committed Player

Open the Assassin Capsule with "free" stabilizers and equip "Eyes of Dusk." Play game as you normally would and unlock 3 pieces per day for 10 days. That should unlock all 3 artifacts. (In theory) No money spent. Really a ploy to get people to play more, not spend more. (But I guess if you play more, you may be tempted to spend more.) Curse these mind games.:eek:
    • Like x 4
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You need to open the Artificer Capsule to get the Mail..... not the Assassin Time Capsule.
    And even after you open the Artificer Capsule.... sometimes it can take a while before you get the Mail.
    • Like x 1
  16. Isif Committed Player

Artificer Capsule inside of Assassin TC. These technicalities.Thanks for the clarification.
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Getting the players to discover things is a cute idea.

But.....

Sadly.....

A) when people pay $1 to Open Time Capsules.....
    Giving them a Mystery
    Wrapped into a Riddle
    Hidden in an Enigma
    ....... might not be a good idea in that situation.

When people pay good $$$ for something.....
    you have to let them know ahead of time what it is that they are paying good $$$ for.
    Not some mysterious mystery.
    So selling them a mystery for $1..... might not be the best idea.

And yes... they do get some Sin Stones in addition to the mystery... but...... I doubt anyone is very happy to spend $1 to get Sin stones either.

B) there are people that HATE Time Capsules with a passion to begin with.....
    and they will jump at any opportunity to complain about Time Capsules......
    and this gave them one more reason to hate Time Capsules even more.

Also... once you do get the Eye of the Dusk..... all you get for the $1 you paid for with the Artificer Capsule is the Sin Stones.
    Pretty sure no one in their right mind is very happy to get Sin Stones for $1 when they get the Artificer Capsule....
    when there already is Nth Metal that do the same thing in the game for "free".

Heck I usually love Time Capsules and have been a big defender of them in the past.....
    Until now.

Even I cannot defend the changes that were made to this latest Time Capsule. :(

When even people who defend Time Capsules cannot defend the Assassin Time Capsule.......
    I guess it is pretty obvious that you guys took a HUGE step in the wrong direction this time. :( :(

Having a cute mysterious mystery can be a fun idea....
    But NOT when people pay $1 per Time Capsule.
    NOT when people are already ANGRY/HATING at them Time Capsules to begin with.

Heck look at the Infinite Time Capsule as an example of that.

It was a fun cute idea.
    But some people are so HATING Time Capsules so much that many were ANGRY at was was just a cute harmless joke.

So..... sadly.... people are dead serious when it comes to Time Capsules.
    Making some fun mystery using the Time Capsules that people are paying $$$ for.... might not be a good idea.

Sorry for the looooong post. :oops:
    • Like x 8
  18. Isif Committed Player

Guess I'm in a minority of folks who run the Stabilizer Event to save up fragments. The truth is that it isn't really necessary to open these things at all. These capsules are not mandatory. If you have patience on your side, eventually you will be able to open a free capsule.
    • Like x 2
  19. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Its not even worth to open those for free its waste of time or its just me ? :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Isif Committed Player

One man's trash, I guess...its just funny to hear the complaints about free stuff that is completely optional. Oh well.