Ask Me Anything (About Augments)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avair Administrator

Simple and Complex materials will no longer be used to make Enhanced Styles. These recipes just got easier to make! Get ready to get your shiny clothes on.
    • Like x 6
  2. Plastic.dcuo New Player

When will we get new skins? Still waiting for my Spring Bunny skin and Winter Reindeer. Also, can we have more normal styles? I wouldn't mind a hot spring towel wrap as a leg and chest style so I can bath in the pools in Metropolis in style.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ully Committed Player

Hi Mepps, I have a question regarding the Victory Tokens. Are there plans to expand the feats concerning these tokens? Also, can they be used as XP to feed augments? Thanks you
    • Like x 3
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

Hey guys!

@Mepps- If you and Proxy had a hashtag baby, would you call it:

#Perparency or #Transception ?
    • Like x 3
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I noticed you could also feed all sorts of exp to the augments like nth metal, etc. Can the augment food be fed into artifacts?

Avair:
    Is it technically capable to create a trinket able to enlarge our characters, like the urgrund weapons in the HoP content, but for everyday player use? I know they haf such a trinket early in the day but was later taken out of game due to ps3 limited capabilities.
    • Like x 2
  6. Avair Administrator

Yes, it's 20 per item.
    • Like x 1
  7. WaRHaMMeR NL Level 30

First i have to say i've tested the augments on TS and i quiet enjoy it, But i feel there is a bit of a "lack in strength" on my character compared to his current live server counterpart.

My question is related to all the "statboosts" or overal boosts the white mods in gear gave us (like for example Max Damage in hands or Core Strength in the chest)

How are these "boosts" implemented into the your character now that all but the neck and weapon mod are going to vanish?

Have you considered this when making the augment system or is this just one the vanishing obsolete things?

And if the latter is the case, Will there be some sort of alternative in the future?
  8. Avair Administrator

While that will increase the total experience cap, each new Episode brings with it better Exobytes, which help you level older levels more quickly.
    • Like x 4
  9. SkilletNJ New Player

Just want to say thank you for taking the time to indulge us with this information. I am sure this will help the transition and I liked what I tried on test and can't wait to try it on my live toon.
    • Like x 2
  10. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Will you change the format of old Time Capsules to match the Kryptonian Capsules (with the choice)?
    • Like x 5
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Noted.

Edit: Oceans says we're doing snow as a base item. #transparency
    • Like x 15
  12. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Can we get a hint of what is next for DCUO as both Episode 32 & Augments will be releasing now, instead of over July & August, if any other plans have moved up sooner, aside from style unlocking or if we will have a press release for it sometime next month?
    • Like x 2
  13. Avair Administrator

This would require a substantial amount of resource investment. It's possible, but not likely.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

What about the account bound Recovery kits that we got from booster bundles can we also use that to get a little xp for our Augments?
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

This was fun, thank you guys!

2nd question: What’s for dinner?
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Do I get any input in to naming our baby?
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have many Superman styles. We decided go a little outside the box with Lobo.
    • Like x 5
  18. Avair Administrator

We have no plans to update Artifact UI at the moment, but it isn't out of the question. We often look for ways to improve usability when we can.
    • Like x 2
  19. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Will you do a check with players on how well augments have worked for them (like this chat) prior to the release of the following episode with enough time to make changes? Thanks!
  20. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Will the boost from type matching exobytes to augments stack with the boost from exobyte enhancers? 5000+50% boost for type match + 35% from the bosster, for example.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.