Artifacts have turned into the most expensive CHEESE ever

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Juiceman936, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Proxystar #Perception

That's because a lot of people also don't know what they're doing. They level the wrong ones, they combine the wrong ones, they play incorrectly.

Player error unfortunately doesn't make the artifact balanced and nor does it not make the artifacts a contributing factor towards why experienced players now find content a lot easier.

I mean random PUGS will be sitting up in the ceiling with their circle going off with no one else standing in it because they think that's beast mode. Or healers with Lazarus pits maxed out. ;)
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, but hey there's nothing to see here, it's all fine. There's a winter sale!!!

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

4. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I haven't tried this with my dps yet, just have it to 120 on my healer but it's cool that people are finding creative uses for these artifacts and supers. It's clearly what the devs intended as they discussed more supercharge focused builds when they released these.
    • Like x 1
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

It wouldn't be the first time the devs adjusted content to account for artifacts. If the Eye of Gemini (i really like it more for my tank than any other role) turns out to be a widely used artifact and content get's too cheesy, it's just a matter of adjusting NPCs I think.
    I like it on my main, tho I have to say that with Nature I never use it in single target situations. As a Tank I just love it and the options it gives me to finally utilize Supercharges again.
    • Like x 1
  6. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

J/K.

In all seriousness though one still needs considerable SKILL in the end game stuff - regardless of how far along your artifacts are.

These items HELP - no doubt. But I don't think they tilt the scales drastically one way or the other.
    • Like x 3
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Pretty sure they were warned during the testing phase of this and didn't seem to care. Oh well...it's on the Developers at this point.

However, what scares me is increasing the buffs when/if they increase the Artifacts to 180/200. The increases are going to bring about even more non-sense.

Oh and btw...you leave my Dash Attack alone and let me enjoy being able to actually viably run it finally after all these years! :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Lol #downwithdashattack :)
  9. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Thats hero side though :D
  10. appocolyps Committed Player

Gemini has the potential to be devistating from a dps perspective, it doesnt however work because every time i pop it i see 4 other dps' run as far away from me as possible!!!!
    • Like x 4
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Brause villains can't find enough people to even form a group, Danne? :-D
    • Like x 3
  12. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

The problem isn't the artifacts the problem was balance before the artifacts came around. They didn't fix the balance issues before the artifacts came around and now you're starting to see what's up. Number one problem I'm seeing is nobody uses a weapon anymore only for single target in elite as dw is the fastest weapon to keep up with might base. Which means might base powers that are fast like rage and munitions gadgets. A handful of others that are might base are so bloody op in regular content that weapons can't keep up. So everyone is rocking Soul cloak and Gemini as one of those fast DPS powers and pissing players with weapons off to the puking point aka me. Ì want to shoot myself for going weapons because of the dmg output these might base players can do with no gear or artifacts. When will.weapon get balanced it's killing my dcuo experience not sure how.much longer I can wait wish me luck
  13. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

LOL i do the same thing if I see somebody has it i don’t even stand near them. However my league runs this artifact a lot and the healer is continously letting off the eye while we’re all Bunched up together reaping benefits and dps are popping there eye of gem for damage role too. so it’s hard to avoid giving my damage to others when we run together lol

Here’s a trick always use the eye in hallways and make sure you use supply drop as bait so players come To the area your about to use the eye
    • Like x 1
  14. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

But yeah i honestly don’t see how anyone would think an artifact like this wouldn’t break the game. No clue what devs were thinking with this one.

An all role artifact that gives the player free damage when players are standing in a circle? And free supercharge back for healer and tank role that benefits everyone in the group leading to more unbalanced dps numbers and it even works with 25 percent supercharges LOL y’all think it’s bad now just wait until that artifact level gets increased and 4th slots start getting added.

I already knew artifacts will lead to the game not being balanced it was only a matter of time. Eventually you start running out of ideas and then try to get to creative resulting in artifacts like this.

Might of been better off leaving it as a supercharge build up artifact for all roles and tweaking it so it wouldn’t be so OP instead of making this something that gives self damage benefits in a game that already a scoreboard chasing fiasco
  15. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

Which dev designed these artifacts?
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Which ones. There are more than two.

When I remember the fuss about the VWD and look for these people today, meh, they are nowhere to be found.
    • Like x 1
  17. majosea Dedicated Player

thats a funny thing the devs nerf and power sets , states revamp. -- we had to nerf it is was breaking the game ,
    then sell the players artifact system.
    players lvl them to get the bonus , that some the power sets use to have before the revamp like more resto , longer stuns , debuffs ect
    devs move the goal post for bonus on the artifacts every few updates and the players don't see it hmm I blame [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

19. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I'm glad I mostly play with league members and friends who care more about completion than the scoreboard. Running away from the Eye of Gemini is comical. Scoreboard chasing is hurting the game as much, if not more, than these "broken" artifacts. Actually it's the scoreboard chasing mentality that is responsible for most of these exploits that people complain about. It's one thing when you're just running instances for the heck of it and everyone is in on the race, but it's annoying to pi
    • Like x 3
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

I think there's one simple response to what you think is going on: Nope.

Just nope.

It's like you dislike the artifact system but haven't found a good reason as to why you do. So you made assumptions.
    I haven't seen that many 150k hits and more with artifacts, debuffs weren't stronger, the stats aren't that impactful and even the EoG does not bring back the state the game had pre revamp. It's just something you can't compare.

I just find the "the evil devs nerf my cheese and 're sell it to me as something else" argument funny. It's the easiest one to come up with if you don't want to think about it.
    • Like x 3