Artifacts for iconic powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by NikoManiko, Jan 10, 2022.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Your suggestion is in the same ball park. SS is broken and you’re suggesting a movement artifact. The staff of the wizard Shazam could be an artifact that enhances Word of Power.
  2. DAnomalous Level 30

I like the idea because it can make iconic powers more viable to use, but I hate the idea because it doesnt make any sense for a magical artifact to only improve one power. So it feels like a bandaid rather than a good feature.

So instead of this I say just have more depth to the iconic powers system. Give me an empowered version of all of them at the cost of a bunch of skillpoints, and a 2nd set of brand new iconic powers that are already empowered and on par.
  3. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Well I did said that it was a stretch and would prolly break the game even more, so that isn't something I didn't think about. I do see problems with this entire thing.
    Even tho super speed is broken, they prolly could still do it, just make the arts for the other movements be more pronounced.
    I would like a artifact that works with your specific power. Like a munitions art, or an ice art. But that'll break the game for sure.
  4. BYSIS Well-Known Player

All in all, it'll be better if they added more iconic powers First, then make arts for a choice few
  5. Requake Dedicated Player

Or have an added effect to frost breath via solar amplifier, it could be name changed to kryptonian something?
  6. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

This will always be a good idea since it can be an answer to so many things. If iconics being too strong is the caution, the artifact could simply turn the whatever iconic into a support ability, just like the lasso artifact, the art doesn’t have to be dps centric. Even if it was you could take a weaker iconic like the batarang ability and actually make it viable. You could buff both acrobatics and flight/skimming by introducing an artifact that makes their abilities a viable option, since they both have movement abilities that do nothing more than collect dust. So, introducing arts that amplifies iconics, or movement abilities in whatever form would always work, considering that it would fulfill some of the reoccurring request by the playerbase (specifically flight and acro being underpowered). Also, variety is always a good thing