Artifacts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Jan 25, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

Paying for an advantage is p2w. If you can get any advantages in 5 mins that take months is p2w. All p2w games not pvp. All the top players have top artifacts. They spent money for that. The nature dps I post had the dps artifacts just released at 200 the 1st day. Let's stop acting like DCUO isn't p2w. It's probably second behind Neverwinter, who is now DCUO leader
  2. Brit Loyal Player

I've got 3 Artifacts at 160+.

I am a Legendary member, but I have not spent one cent beyond my subscription costs.

They leveled up to this point based on Nth Metal that drops in-game. I have never bought an Nth Metal Detector. Ever since reaching around the 140 breakthrough, I started saving all Nth Metal and only applying it during double-XP events.

I have never paid for a Seal of Completion. During Catalyst weekends (like now), they give us one for free. Those come so often, and the Nth Metal takes so long, that I actually end up using half my Seals just to get the level 23 breakthrough on my Episode Augments.

I have enough Nth Metal banked up that I should be able to bounce all three artifacts to 180 next time there is a double weekend.

I am currently running endgame Elite raids with my artifacts in their present state.

Seems like my Artifacts are doing just fine through normal gameplay without the need for microtransactions.
    • Like x 6
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

DCUO has always been pay to speed up as far as i know,back in 2013 when i started people paid for replay so they could reach top cr in a day and when i left in 2016 people were still buying their way to the top through time caps etc. and i just came back a few days ago and now its artifacts that people are using to buy their way to the top.

That said you have always been able to play your way to the top with the exception of the time period where monthly content was around,during that time there was no way to reach top cr without paying money because you were constantly replacing gear but thankfully that went away.

From what i have seen so far you can work your way to the top without spending more than a subscription,i'm still trying to fully grasp the artifacts system but it does look better than the old mods system where you had to replace mods all the time and some of them had insane amounts of exos in them so it sucked when you had to break a mod and get half your exos back only to have to do it all again,i don't miss that at all.
    • Like x 2
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

If you believe this, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale. Only way I will believe this is she have the orginal artifacts, even then, this player reset content.. the pullback against artifacts is crazy. I have 6 160 artifacts and 1 200 the devs gave me. I bought 2 15k marketplace cash last year and leveled artifacts. Leveled those during double experience.
  5. Brit Loyal Player

/shrug. Not "original" artifacts, per se. It's an Orb of Arion, Demon's Fang, and Eye of Gemini. Not the newest stuff, but not ancient either.

I've also got a Starheart at 80. I was using that when Gemini came out, just because of a lack of good Healer artifacts. I swapped over to Gemini thinking I would try to do the Shapeshift juggle with my healing, but I don't like it. Eventually I'll trade it out in favor of something else, but I haven't been in any big hurry. No need to chase the flavor of the month; I'll see how much Nth Metal I've got left next double-weekend after bumping Orb and Fang to 180, and decide then what I want to swap into that #3 position.
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

A year ago, during Anniversary event, I created a free ACC with the sole aim of getting a couple of extra Base items from the event. For a year I made one purchase, lair system and utility belt, and transferred the ACC from free to premium. I do not play this ACC, I just go once a day, for 10 minutes during seasonal events and for 2 minutes out of season (stabilizers and vaults) .. and you know what? this character has 1-160 artifacts, 1-120, 1-94, a fully soda artifact , and 180k xp in bank...
    • Like x 4
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I run a few dummy accounts similar to that. Also started out farming seasonals, but these days it's just to run the Stabilizer event, and then trade their contents to my main account. It's nice how $5 one time, and 2 minutes daily, can net you an extra 97 Time Capsules per year. I am honestly surprised that more people don't do it.
    • Like x 3
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I watched the video, if that is a year's worth where's the stack of 50+ Augmented Nth Metal you get from running the Vault?
    • Like x 2
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Oh yes, plus additional seasonal base items, daily DLC and source marks .... I'm too lazy to create additional ACC in non Anniversary Event, but during AE I always create a couple of free ACC to use the CR skip;)

52 weeks a year is 3000 * 52 = 156000 xp, if you add a daily 300-500 xp to this, then 365 * 400 = 146000 xp, 302000 xp per year is just 2 minutes a day.
  10. Legasei Well-Known Player

OK. I have accepted that I’m not going to convince you otherwise. But you have my respect, sir.
  11. Legasei Well-Known Player

There’s seems to be this misconception going around that if payment isn’t required for something, then it can’t be p2w. In DCUO, p2w is an option, not a requirement.

I’ll jump on my healer, pay whatever I need to pay to level up three healer artifacts to 200 right now, then co-heal raids with you. Until you get caught up with me on your artifacts, I’ll out heal you every time because I paid for that outcome. That’s p2w in DCUO.
    Of course it’s not p2w in the traditional sense, but that’s because DCUO isn’t a traditional mmo. However, it’s still p2w.

I’m sure you might come back and say that you’ve put out more heals than players with 200 level artifacts before. That’s all well and good. But we all know player skill factors into that.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

There it is. It's not about beating content, it's about beating others at content. Just another bladder emptying contest.
    • Like x 3
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You can believe what ever you want. But he isn’t lying. A friend/league mate has a couple of 200 artifacts and he never spend a dime on the game other than for the membership.

He has:
    Solar amp, soul cloak, Gemini, manacles, and symbols. He is currently working on the transformation which is 120+. He is going to trade in his Gemini for another tank artifact next double nth weekend. It’s not that hard to max out artifacts without spending a single dime. You just gotta be smart enough to do it.
    • Like x 1
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

If they are telling the truth, have nothing to do with my post. It took both awhile to get what money can get in 5 mins. That's p2w.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But that’s not pay to win. We both have 200 artifacts for both role. It’s pay to speed up. There’s a big difference. Pay to win would be that I have a 201 artifact and he has a 200 artifact. Even thou it’s just 1 level, I have 1 level that he can not obtain. That’s pay to win. This is pay to speed up
    • Like x 2
  16. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

artifacts were always intended to be a long term thing, they are supposed to take time to level up. but the people who have to have it all NOW must of complained enough to get this junk added to the MP, the end result is ppl and "artifacts are p2w!"
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

And that's what replay badges are too. Same arguments as before.
    • Like x 1
  18. Walvine Well-Known Player

Yes oops forget to include the most common one of all
    Subscription is P2TWTLIA , Pay To Temporary Win Then Lose It After.
    And
    Perminent membership PTBW, ... Paid Tiger blood Wining.
    • Like x 1
  19. ALB Dedicated Player

Pay to speed up is p2w. Especially at the rate artifacts are
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You can’t just change the definition of something to fit your point of view.

So that we are clear. I am against the artifact system as it is now because it’s such a huge money grab. But they are not pay to win by definition.
    • Like x 3