Artifacts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Jan 25, 2020.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I definitely agree with you. Of course you can get full maxed out artifacts without spending a dime in the MP. But with the breakthrough chances being what they are, I don't even want to know how long it would take for just one single artifact to get to 200. Every failure and you're back on the grind for more catalysts. As the levels get higher, the more catalysts you need. Then you have content relevancy limiting us to just 2 episodes where we can get full source mark rewards from. So it would take weeks, maybe months, depending on what level you're breaking through, before you can try again. But now they also sell source marks in the MP if you want to skip the grind when you're low on marks. I try to run all content I can get full episode marks from so when they convert to source marks so I usually always at 2000+ marks so that gives me a bit of a cushion each time a new episode comes out.

Then you have grind for the millions of xp, or you can skip that also and just go to the MP. So yeah it is technically doable without spending any real money besides your sub, but they have made the process so drawn out now that even the people with the most patience in the world aren't willing to go through all that lol.
  2. gemii Dedicated Player

that inventory though lol

but yeah its pay to win if you want anything pass like 140 ranked artifacts. forget the xp the Seals alone will play its part in play to win at this point. unless your extremely lucky breaking through

One thing ill say though.. nobody is forced to play with artifacts let alone level them up.
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

When they upped the levels to 200 I had enough xp saved up and levelled my Grim to max. Since then I haven't put any nth metals into any more of my artifacts except to get the feat for levelling a new one to 20. After about 7-8 weeks playing one or two hours a day of banking nth metal, I have enough to fully level one artifact all the way to 200. But the more I bank the less I want to use it lol
  4. Proxystar #Perception

it depends on a players skill level, the bonuses received at 160 and 200 probably shouldn't be understated but naturally a better player could beat end game elite content with no artifacts at all if they're good enough.

Artifacts aren't pay to win, but they're certainly pretty nice to have and your players output is impacted by them to enough of a degree they couldn't be referred to as insignificant.

That being said we're not really in disagreement, the only other thing i'd say as well of course is that the pay2win element and I said it earlier up the thread actually is the fact you have to buy seals, you can get all the nth metal in the world and players do, but you can't break through an artifact, reasonably speaking when the odds of doing so are 10% and less at those higher ranks.

So despite the fact you can "try" and break throughat that rate and blow through catalysts, realistically you're needing that seal for 140, 160, 180, 200 so that's $20 per artifact.

If anything that realistically is the pay2win element, because it's realistically a "forced payment", pretending to be voluntary.
    • Like x 3
  5. Walvine Well-Known Player

Artifacts ranking is shareware asset or P2ST Pay To Save Time strategy ,nth is a free random grade & quantity drop once per every !3 minutes ,The hitch is breakthrough odds are a real life evil gamble hours of game play marks rewarded with a break through failed animation.
    Seal of completion are P2ST since they only prevent loss of catalyst.
    Unstable seal of completion rare free promotional event.
    Several feats are 100% P2W.
    The mainframe is P2W.
    The utility belt is P2W.
    Adaptive augments are P2W.
    Several Crafting plans are P2W.
    Replay badges are P2W subjective to relative accessed content or unlocked feat even though you need to complete the feat once first ,replay badges are real money grants .
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

LOL might as well just say buying the game is P2W since most of those are all "free" with subscription.

Oh and you forgot to say "having no escrow" is P2W

How are adaptive augments P2W?
    • Like x 2
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Imagine trying to breakthrough a 200 without seals lol. I'm sure there has been one or two lucky players out there but when it sometimes takes 10 tries just for a 160.... it would take forever to grind out all the marks needed for the catalysts for all those tries.
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Just last week I broke through a Level 100 Artifact at 60% chance...Took six Seals of Preservation. :p
  9. Solarbound Committed Player

Some say it's not P2W, but pay to advance... Call a spade, a spade, smh -_-
  10. hoaxone Committed Player

If u have to buy something or risk losing things you've farmed for. That's a form of pay to win. If you buy gil to buy things on the broker, that's another form of pay 2 win. If you buy a item from website that would take awhile to obtain, that again is pay 2 win. We cannot change what it means because it's been around for almost 2 decades.
    • Like x 1
  11. fm0987 Committed Player

Wishful thinking, but doubtful as people have already spent the money, I’m sure there’d be an outcry.
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Artifacts were a cheap way of putting small things into the game and trying to fill the gap of no more powers.

I mean what about those augmented thingys... i put the might / dom augments in day1 and have never touched that tab again
  13. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

It's for the better of the game. "Sacrifices must be made for the greater good." Plus, a new revamp is in order anyway. It's past the two year mark so another revamp is most likely around the corner.
  14. Legasei Well-Known Player

Speed up for what? To win? lol

I think you mean reinforced and perfected artifact packs are the money gimmicks to speed up the process of having an edge. The edge is the artifact.

But until then, you’ll be under performing others who paid.

You don’t win just by getting the artifact to 200. That’s just a personal achievement. You win by getting the artifact to 200 faster than most others so you can be outperforming them until they catch up.
    • Like x 1
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

Everything beyond reaching Level 30 is pay to win.

Don`t @ me.
  16. Wildcat Committed Player

There is no PvP in this game

what kind of pay 4 win You mean?

you can smash mobs faster..

but what kind of win you mean? solo, duo, alert or raid?

**** I play the game since beta and i don even know if I can win something by paying money
    [IMG]
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Do you know what pay to win even means?
  18. Legasei Well-Known Player

Do you know more than one method of p2w?
    I think you and others are taking your experience of pay to win from other mmos and applying it to this one. Artifacts have a unique progression system to other mmos. I shouldn’t need to tell you that. P2W in this game isn’t going to resemble what you’ve seen in past mmos.
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just because it has some aspects of it doesn’t make it pay to win. And I stated before that the artifacts have gotten out of control. I agree with you on that point. But it’s still not pay to win
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

People seem to forget that you can get seals of completion without buying them. (Check your local police station)