Artifact Weapons Style...WHERE ARE THEY??!!??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KHALONofOGUN, Aug 22, 2016.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

First off Mepps et al, my apologies. I know the way I wrote the title it almost looks confrontational, it's not my intention...just wanted your attention. Now on to the topic at hand.

When Halls of Power 1 dropped, quite a few number of people on the forums requested that the Devs make those weapon styles available to players on a permanent. So imagine our surprise when that wish was granted to the player base in Halls of Power 2. Yay great times right...? Well, sorta.

The drop rate for Purple weapon drops in New Genesis Now were brutally low...and they were downright Granny Goodness one-handed slash attack nasty in Happiness Home. But I did manage at the time (while it was relevant) to get the One-Handed and Dual Wield weapons on my main (same as my forum name) and the Brawling weapon (not sure which of my toons has that one at the moment).

Fast forward to 2016, and i've been running NGN for extra marks or scrapable gear and Base items, as well as HH (regular & ELITE) for feats. In all that time till now, August, I have not seen a SINGLE PURPLE WEAPON DROP!!!! Where did the artifact weapons go???? The drop rates went from bad to non-existent. I know that the loot luck limiter is in effect, but i've actually seen Purple gear drop (in fact some of my toons that were missing those styles have finally caught up to my main). Meanwhile Artifact Weapons have just gone up in a puff of Daybreak smoke.

Mepps...this isn't a time consuming issue that would take precious resources away from working on near future content, fixing long ignored issues (Electric & Nature DPSes say hello), or stop you guys from making new cosmetic items and creating other revenue sources (hello skinner boxes Time & Space Capsules ;) [psst...don't worry Mepps, I will be buying keys as well as running the duo event:D ]). All it would take is a quick hotfix that ups the drop rate of Purple weapon drops in NGN & HH to something much more decent than what we have currently (which seems to be NONE).

I really really really really want those weapon styles on multiple toons. If you can't tell yet, i'm all about styles in this game (my main has four bases with the maximum of 4 Armories per base just to house my favorite styles...which changes daily/weekly). Please I love DCUO so, help us style hounds...get somebody on this during their lunch break.

I know you guys can do it.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 10
  2. Mermaid Dedicated Player

We need a Style Vendor for Weapons!! But not overly priced since they have no feats attached
    • Like x 11
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

At this point I don't care about price...much...i'd join a suicide squad for some styles (I still want to get my hands on the dual wield Claymore style...have the one-handed one.
    [IMG]

Strangely enough, while searching for the image above I bumped into a different "Claymore" (Dual Synth-Plated Swords) style in DCUO...and this one I have never seen.
    [IMG]
    I think one day someone is gonna have to just hunker down and sift through all of the weapon styles that actually exist in game and either put them in a special vendor (as a mark sink) OR put them in the regular gear vendor, especially as it seems that they don't always have time to make new weapon styles all the time.

But back to the OP Topic...Artifact Weapons...please make 'em exist again. Please and thank you. :D
    • Like x 3
  4. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

SMH!!!
    I'm really disappointed at this.
    Those styles are really rare dual wields one and yet the Devs continue to place axes as dual style drops.
    Seriously, what gives?
    • Like x 2
  5. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

I'd like that as well.
    • Like x 1
  6. VV Dedicated Player

I do think there's an issue with the drops. I've never seen any weapons other than Brawling, One handed, two handed or dual wield.

Not just on me

On anyone else too.
    • Like x 1
  7. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Lol im Martial Arts and i dont even have any "good" style, feelsdcuoman.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Seriously, right???:confused::confused::confused:
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Never seen this style before either. The 2nd dw one. And i think the synthium braided wpns from HoP2 is the artifact wpns. They dont look exactly the same but really close. Sadly IIRC those are the last wpns styles we have received. Been over a year for new wpn styles. Those 2nd pair is swords are bad *** btw. I totally want those.
    • Like x 1
  10. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Slade Wilson to the rescue again as it seems. It's the dual wield angelic sword, it is granted from the level 16 reward box during the Felix Faust missions on villain side (Cain St. Mall, you get the reward box after the first mission of that arc IIRC). If heroes have a corresponding box, I'd expect it to be the Brother Blood story arc, but wouldn't be surprised if it was on the Poison Ivy arc either. Hint: I got mine when the weapons were granted from the journal, picked while finishing the mission, before the boxes were introduced. Some boxes are bugged and do not offer the weapons for the types you actually spent SP in but for others, so be prepared to have SP in every weapon type when trying this.

The content during levelling up a character is really rich, even in reward styles, compared to most DLC content, and people should be encouraged to deal with it longer than just while passing through.
    • Like x 2
  11. Not him Well-Known Player

Heroes don't have access to Angelic DW reward,they get Nightwing dildos and Claymore something,let me check a moment
    • Like x 1
  12. Not him Well-Known Player

Ok so probably is not up to date cause during the free dlc thing I've finally dropped the Mist Infused DW and I'm not sure if I fetched something from other content too,so here's the list of mine DW collection

Astral Axes -> TD
    Atom Smasher
    Aztec Hammer -> Probably vendor in CC
    Barbarian Tech Sword -> Mobs in Robinson's Park villain only
    Barbed Mace -> Kahndaq healer only
    Baton
    Bearded Axe
    Bone Hilt Katana
    Braid Axe -> found it only on broker is a 15 lvl weapon named Axes of the Silver Legion, tried to farm mobs left and right with no avail
    Claymore -> was it a quest reward?
    Crystal Spiked Club -> FOS
    Curved Knife -> Ace Chemicals healer only
    Cutlass -> normal version
    Cutlass -> survival knife + cutlass
    Dao Tech Sword
    Delta Axe
    Demonic Mallet
    Demonic Sword
    Diabolic Blades -> TP
    Elite Broadsword -> BC2 troll only maybe
    Energy Axe
    Exobyte-Infused Escrima Stick
    Eye Axe
    Flat Blade -> OAN
    Gear Blade -> could be wrong controller only
    Glave Sword -> Spectre Challenge or T1 duo/challenges weekly boxes
    Gleaming Daggers -> Vendor in Gotham Under Siege
    Greco Roman Sword -> Vendors and Glenmorgan Square mobs
    Hatchet
    Inlaid Baton
    Katana
    Khagda -> sadly replaced by a scale down Elite Khagda version purchased from the PVP vendor after some idgaf update and never fixed
    Khopesh -> mobs outside Ellsworth Memorial Hospital
    Kryptonian Military Khagda -> FOS 3
    Lead Pipe -> controller only
    Lionhead Hammer -> Hive duo? Tank only
    Machete
    Manhunter Baton
    Metropolis Firefighter Axe
    Monk Blade
    Monk Sword
    Ninja Sword
    Peppermint Sticks -> Xmas vendor
    Prime Brainiac Axes -> BG
    Pulse Hammer
    Retro Futuristic -> probably they now drop from T7 content and if not then Stryker's lousy once every 5 days quest boss (good luck with that cause there is no loot picker)
    Ringed Mace
    Runed Blades -> VG or BD
    Sacred Blades -> market place
    Scimitar -> not so new T4 duos
    Simple Blade -> starter weapon
    Skull Hammer
    Spider Blade -> BC2 tank only
    Spiked Mace
    Tech Hammer -> probably tank only Smallville if I'm not confusing this with something else
    Tech Jambiya
    Tech Katana
    Thanagarian Tomahawk
    Tomahawk
    Turf -> same as Retro Futuristic but in Ace Chemicals
    Wicked Axes -> marketplace
    Wrench Hammer

then the Mist Infused blades from L&W
    also the Plated Mace from a vendor or as drop from T7 content plus the Jeweled Stiletto

Once there twice but removed for I don't effin know why the Scarecrow's DW
    • Like x 1
  13. iClip Committed Player

Personally I'd like the Scarcrow DW....but the devs don't tell us anything.
    • Like x 1
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

In case it was TL;DR, here's the long and short of it: I would love to collect the Artifact Weapon styles from Halls of Power...but they're not dropping at all it seems in New Genesis Now or Happiness Home. Can there be a fix for this??? :)
  15. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Add some weapon boxes to ngn and hh.

Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That would be awesome...but that's actual coding work that will take some time. Adjusting the drop rate for the weapons in the instances where they're supposed to drop could be done in one afternoon without diverting much resources. It's a much easier fix than adding weapon boxes.
  17. recoil Committed Player

can someone please tell me where the barbarian tech dual wield swords can be bought or drops. also where can a villain get dual wield claymores?
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Just as an fyi, this thread is not about the location of other weapon styles in the game. It's a plea to the Devs to up the drop rate of the Artifact Weapons that are supposed to be dropping from New Genesis Now and Happiness Home.

My suggestion would be for you to start your own thread topic so that others can help answer your questions about those weapons you asked about.;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I don't really wanna farm RNG..

Take my marks, I'll gladly buy weapons if there in a vendor.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I would like that option as well...but that would take time to set up. The easier solution is to just increase the drop rate of the weapons in the two instances where they drop. That can be accomplished easily in a hotfix (much like when they've increased the drop rates of Promethium lockboxes for a weekend or so).