Artifact Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by DeitySupreme, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Trykz Dedicated Player

So for this coming week best thing to do is just run metal detectors all week?
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes, pop a detector when running content and the rewards you get will be doubled. I’m other words. Instead of getting 5-6 caches you will get 10-12.

Also detectors do not continue to run when you log out of a toon. This means that you can pop a detector and if you switch toons it will be saved for the next time. This is good for alts who are running dailies
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I should probably be Bumping this right now?
    • Like x 3
  4. Trykz Dedicated Player

5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea i didnt know about the cool down issue thanks for that great bit of information
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s what it’s here for. To help everyone get arts leveled more efficiently
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Time for a bump with the nth exp week here
    • Like x 2
  8. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

DeitySupreme, this is fantastic!!

I like, neigh love, good guides. Some notes, is the 200 breakthrough not a total of 56 dion 45 quan and 36 paradox? Source: DCUO sourcewall calculator. That section actually, you should clarify that the 200 breakthrough is the total catalyst amount from 0 - 200, it reads kinda like you need that amount just for the breakthrough at 200.

Also you should highlight that throughout the year there are two character skips usually given out that come with artifact caches (extra life and anniversary) AKA easy source of catalysts and some substantial nth.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Thanks, will clarify that.

Also, I thought that only the anniversary gave a cr skip. Isn’t this last years extra life the first year they did a free skip? Don’t remember them doing that with past. I’ll look into it
  10. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I've only seen two extra life day events & 2 anniversaries and got skips during both. to my best recollection
  11. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

12. Dr.Dip New Player

Question, at what point do you use preserves and completions?
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Tbh that’s more I’ll to user discretion. You have to weigh out what’s more valuable to you. For me personally I always use preservations up until the 160 breakthrough. At 140 I believe there is a 20% breakthrough chance which is 1/5. With 1 destiny token I can get 10 preservations or 1 completion. So a 1/5 chance has a tendency of using half the seals of preservations. Yes it can be more but it can also be less. But that’s the 1/5 odds. However for the 160 breakthrough has a 1/10 chance. So I can theoretically use 10 seals. It would probably be more so at those odds I can just get a completion and get it over with.

However for some people they may not like the 1/5 odds so you can start use completions at rank 140. But I personally would never use a completion on tank 120 since that’s a 40% chance.
    • Like x 1
  14. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I do the same friend. And more than so less, I breakthrough at 120 and 140 with preservations quite easily. I tend to save my destiny tokens, esp if I dont spend any money in the game other than my subscription. And you wont see me wasting them on 120 breakthrough lool
  15. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

Bumping for double XP week. Several tips here are how I maxed out my tank artis, now working on DPS. Thanks again for doing this!
  16. Trykz Dedicated Player

Bump for the week.
  17. PrimaryMercenary New Player

so the 50% off sale and the Double xp event can happen on TWO separate occasions?!? who's in the marketing side of this game?.. if any new or returning players aren't aware of this then they're pretty much screwed... man what is going on here.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Well yes. That’s because sales aren’t focused on nth/artifacts. They are focused on the discounts. So no reason to always sync them up.

On top of that it’s also a business practice that’s used in a lot of games and even in real life. Players see nth on sale so they buy and use them. Players see double nth exp even so they buy nth metal and use them. These are done to drive income. Doesn’t make it shady practice: they don’t have to do either at all. But they do. It’s up to the players to learn the patterns and utilize everything the game offers to its full potential.
  19. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

What's about "leveling without spending" section? because this thread is very useful, but probably "leveling without spending" is the most interesting section for many people, because spend 200 bucks on this, should be a felony...
  20. Warlock Well-Known Player

Thread bump. Also -- Are there any updates on adding this section? Also, do people really just not level until double xp events? How often do they occur these days?