Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Sorry, but I have no idea what this means.

There aren't two sides to anything here. The cheaters cheated. End of story. There's no opposing "side" to that.
  2. BYSIS Well-Known Player

XD I never said there was an opposing side lol. Read in Context!
    And if you don't know what I meant by Separate arguments, then that's your lack of understanding. The point that the devs messed up with this glitchy dlc, and the point regarding cheaters, are Two separate arguments. I mean, this thread is about the Artifact glitch in general. I never made an opposing argument, saying that the devs are Also responsible. Never said that. Next time, read someone's posts in the context the post it in, and if you don't know someone's context, look back at the other things they said concerning an argument.

Only reason why I brought the devs up is cuz the glitch exist. Whatever actions that are made by the players, whether they be good or bad, are not the responsibility of the devs. That's been my mantra for a while now, if you payed attention.

We are literally on the same page.
    • Like x 1
  3. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

With that said, can I log in and play as normal now? I seriously have been scared to do so other than to claim my daily rewards and log back out.
  4. BYSIS Well-Known Player

One thing that these cheaters has also done, is made ppl that have max lvl arts look SuS... I've already gotten judged for having max lvl arts. It's really unfortunate. I've spent almost $1k on arts alone. I should not be looked down upon cuz of some other folks poor decisions
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

You throwing down copious amount of money to level up artifacts kinda would get you looked at as a "whale" for paying 17 times over the retail price of the game for a feature within the game. But not sus outside of that.
    • Like x 1
  6. BLK Well-Known Player

1k? my guy that aint it. Other ways my guy...Other ways.
  7. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

No, the cheaters have not made honest ppl with max arts look 'suss', I have a number of 200 arts on my main, never had a word said about them since this debacle started. And I play ALOT. If eejits are hassling you, just /ignore them.

If you're in game, you're not suss. And if you somehow escaped Ban-Hammer #01 and ARE suss, Ban-Hammer #02 is gonna get you in their next review in Jan.

Merry Xmas!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. AvatarofCake New Player

^
    You're free to just take Mepps' word for it and disregard what testers have been saying (even within this thread), that's what happens usually with feedback that is inconvenient here. I doubt anyone will argue this was done on purpose, It must've been very costly.. However, the lack of criticism for how it still happened after they were tipped off is disconcerting. Moreover, being satisfied with a lackluster apology after a long post about the wrong doings of others seems a bit ingenuine to me personally, especially when it could have been avoided with a more thorough examination.

Souls may be a hot-head and her English only makes things worse, but if anyone here actually bothered reading what she was writing without applying their own personal feelings and bias into it they would see she just wants better recognition of the failure on the side of this game's development team. We are customers after-all, not a fan-club. (You can certainly be both though I guess?)
    • Like x 2
  9. Siramez Well-Known Player

"THEIR" error but "YOUR" fault for taking advantage of a glitch that IS AGAINST THE TOS!
    • Like x 4
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Also, you are spending REAL money on something virtual. I understand the entertainment value but trading something real for something virtual, as has been very sarcastically explained to me in another post by a certain individual, that you actually have no rights of true ownership too, is not a wise way to spend your real money.
    • Like x 1
  11. Siramez Well-Known Player

who told you to tell people not to spend anything on games? you should leave them alone and let them do whatever they want. I probably spent over 1k too in the game and I'm not letting people tell me what to do. (Not trying to start a new argument here btw).
    • Like x 1
  12. BugReporter2000 Active Player

You have some aura please?
  13. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

Selling those accounts with maxed artifacts/allies/augs for real money.

This little statement is being overlooked by the apologists for the cheaters yet it is probably the most important thing anyone has posted so far. Individuals were attempting to sell tainted accounts for real money. There is no way in Hades to sort out those who were engaged in this multi-level fraud and those who just wanted to improve their own characters or those who "accidentally" kept fortifying. Massive bans are the only response DBG could make to avoid all sorts of nightmares later on. The apologists seem to forget that DBG is a business with all sorts of legal and financial obligations.
    • Like x 2
  14. Monkeyboy Committed Player

You admit it now accept your punishment and start over if you are still going to play the game. Once? If you knew and been playing for 10 years, you gambled and lost it all. A human being knows not to cheat when they know it's cheating, a Robot doesn't. The only thing that went wrong was you were caught!
  15. Siramez Well-Known Player

sure! firstly, you look for group that is doing Happiness Home raid and farm source marks there, secondly, with enough source marks, you can get free auras from episode vendors!, thirdly, ???, fourthly, profit. fifthly, rinse and repeat ;).
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

But Mepps is telling the truth though. The bug, which was reported on Test, is that items showed up as Exp. for Artifacts/Allies that can't normally be used to fortify them. The exploit was more than that and involved more steps and was not reported on Test, because it probably wasn't discovered. We're not allowed to discuss the actual steps for the exploit, but that is the fact of the matter.
    • Like x 4
  17. ak40seven Level 30

you seem to be morally handicapped seeing things as black and white only, running across the forums like a hamster protecting devs incomepetence
    did they download any sort of 3rd party app? no, they just logged on and happened to be able to fortify their goods
    yet devs hadnt been giving any insight info on that topic for two days since update even tho they were well aware that the bug was taking place
  18. ak40seven Level 30

so an event cossplayer, thats what i thought, dont express your opinion from now on
  19. ak40seven Level 30

yeah it really isnt complecated when you are morally handicapped. i wish i was like this, your life has to be so simple operating by blacks and whitrs while judging peoples action
  20. BYSIS Well-Known Player

XD I knooooooow geez lol. I have a tank layout and a DPS layout, so I max out a total of 8 arts. So yeah, pretty pricy. I honestly don't have anything else to spend my money on sometimes tho xD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.