Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

My concern was that there seem to be at least a few here who don't even see it as a possibility, not that I'm extremely concerned about what happens to those players. I hope that it gets sorted out for them in good time, but I'm more concerned that there seem to be some who view everyone who fortified with the wrong materials as criminals. That's more of what bothered me about parts of this thread.
    • Like x 1
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

inb4 "Someone hacked my account and fortified my artifacts without me knowing about it!"

This is like an Apex Legends classic thread after ban waves go out. :D
    • Like x 2
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I
    800 isn’t a small number, thats 800 individuals who cannot play, people just like me and you. Mothers fathers brothers and sisters. Dont look at that number and think its just a number.. i get it, the media has made us dull to these numbers. 15,000 new covid cases, 1,000 new deaths.. when you look at them as just numbers who cares right? But lets not forget that every counted number is a life. Apply that to everything everywhere, not just dcuo.

And yea it also bothers me that people in this thread are acting like there is 100% no possibility that people aren’t innocent in this. Idk, its just hard for me to believe that almost 1,000 people were in on this glitch intentionally, a group effort to scam the game. Quite the elaborate plot thats been created to shift the blame from the devs to the players.
    • Like x 1
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I think "criminals" is a little extreme.

Did they break the TOS? That's the real question.

Unknowingly doing something is actually irrelevant to the situation, regardless. It's up to the account owner to determine whether something is an exploit before participating in it. They have to face the consequences if they didn't do so.

An easy solution would be to ask. Creating a thread on the forums or filing a customer support ticket is relatively easy, and if you value your account, wouldn't it make sense to be careful before clicking time after time until you've fully leveled up one or more artifacts in a way that is obviously broken?
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Tell me this. When you opened your artifact fortification screen and saw that all of your currencies were listed there to fortify your artifacts at 0 xp, did you think it was intended or unintended?

Answer me that and we'll go from there.
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

Keep in mind it’s “accounts” and not necessarily “individuals.” I’m sure there were more than a few who saw a potential opportunity here.
    • Like x 2
  7. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I actually missed out on this one, ive been afk all week been busy prepping for after winter break & the new 2022 approach our district is taking.. but, with all the stuff bugged or messed up in game they could have just thought the icons were missed place, u act like this hasnt been one of the buggiest dlc launches in the last 5 years.
  8. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I am glad they did something.
    Too many times in recent years the response has been slow and the punishment non-existent or weak.

For those caught up in it, yeah it sucks if it's someone like Snow Owl but they aren't in here crying and whining and blaming everyone else but themselves. But for those that knowingly took full advantage of the apparent multi-step exploit for the purpose of an unnatural gain for those items falsely fortified.......Buh-bye.

We are still dealing with the ramifications of all the money/email/stabilizer/etc... glitches over the lifetime of this game.
    Part of me wonders how many of the newly banned are people who used previous glitches and skated by without repercussion.

I wouldn't think this was an easy decision either for the dev team to make as well.
    The fact they did it is a huge plus for the game in the long run.

The devs finally took a stand.
    Mepps is going to take the heat being Community Manager, but they still took a stand and it was nice to see.
    • Like x 3
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Oh, so you're just arguing for semantics here, got it.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tolly Committed Player

Judged as criminal it's a bit barbaric, as the players simply broke what they already had and played normally beforehand to get everything they broke in their artifact progression.

The thing to bring up though is what the devs did, the bug was known on the test server, but they still decided to release the DLC as is instead of postponing the release for fixes.
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Obvious to whom? To those of us who play all the time? Or to someone unfamiliar with how the system normally works? People keep acting like this is obvious to anyone with a brain, but I would argue that is not the case.

As I said to someone else earlier, just because there were items that had 0 XP attached to them listed, that does not necessarily mean the average player would find that odd. I've played games where everything in the inventory shows up when selling to vendors or doing other tasks, even if those items accomplish nothing in that UI. When I returned back in February, I myself misremembered or recalled what may have been a bug where I thought I could use exobytes in artifacts a few years ago. I was confused in February how to feed artifacts after three years away.

Now, do I expect someone to unknowingly get several artifacts to 200 without learning something is not working as intended along the way? No. I think through regular play, the highest I'd expect is somewhere in the mid 100s using resources gathered over a few days of gameplay from someone who was unaware of the issue.

People were clearly going out of their way to get the resources to feed these artifacts through the exploit. That behavior should be obvious and sounds like that is what was targeted with the suspensions. If all 800 fit that bill, suspensions were deserved. I've read some outliers where people leveled an artifact to 200 and then deleted it because they knew they did something wrong, yet they were still suspended. If true, those people should get a second look.
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That's also 800 individuals who broke. the. rules. 800 people who knowingly and/or willingly exploited a glitch in the game.

They aren't without fault or blame. And if they weren't willing to face any consequences for their actions then they shouldn't have taken those actions in the first place.
    • Like x 5
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Sorry, I think you're reaching here. If you're implying anyone with a brain would skip a long list of 0xp items and not use any of them and go straight to ones providing a huge boost, and continuing using those to go level after level, I don't think you can honestly say that with a straight face.

Whether someone got caught with their hand in the cookie jar is something else. Again, it's the player's responsibility to investigate something they find suspicious and avoid partaking in it. Deliberately benefiting from an exploit because it feels awesome is something else entirely.

If the people didn't feel there was anything odd or incredible about it, they would have had no reason to level the items as far as they did, because they would have assumed they would be able to do so at any time, correct?
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I sometimes skip the 10 XP nth metal and go down my list to the higher number items. How is that much different?

The rest I agree with and pretty much said in my last post.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

With respect, I'm not even going to bother unpacking the ridiculousness of this post.
    • Like x 3
  16. Bubbla Active Player

You find it hard to believe that a ton of people in this game would do something shady to benefit themselves? So like the money glitch or item duplication glitch or speed hacking or or or. Doesn’t have to be a group effort just a bunch of individuals that want to benefit themselves at the cost of others (in this case the game employees). There are likely some that were innocent but most probably saw it as a free ticket to exploit and expected no consequences.
    • Like x 1
  17. Trykz Dedicated Player

Thanks for the continuing updates and clarifications Mepps.
    Naturally going to be a hot button topic for awhile.
    • Like x 1
  18. Hurtyman Active Player

For everyone of you who think all the bans are deserved, and everyone who takes the attitude "It was an obvious glitch, and ANYONE who saw it should have known," consider this scenario: a player uses his collected Nth Metal and one Themysciran exobyte to level an artifact half a level because he wasn't paying attention. He wasn't on the lookout for a glitch because he's not a dev or a paid tester, and it's not his job. Should that player be banned for something he accidentally exploited was never warned about, and is more of the head of the development team signing off on a DLC that needed another week or two to hammer out the bugs?
  19. Proxystar #Perception

No man, look, you need to just stop.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...episode-42-rewards.319411/page-4#post-4463700

Just look at the screenshot Seth.

There's no way you go through that sort of list within your fortify menu (like what was reported earlier on test where they couldn't replicate it) and then think, "sweet they added a new feature, - boom boom boom, he he he, look at my glorious artifacts" and not immediately think instead "nah something's wrong here".

Most innocent people probably did this once by accident, freaked out and then already contacted the devs or put in a ticket.

The people with ill intention, decided instead to take advantage and they're the 800 presently banned.
    • Like x 5
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

How ever it end up I wish you good luck with the game and I hope you will flouris a lot of years with or without me and at the community will heal over time and get past all the anger,attacks,name callings and other things that only drags others down and serve no good for anyone.It seem to be a lot of it and it's keep on growing if we don't take a stand,one person at a time:I'm at peace with whatever you decide to do I wish everyone Godspeed :)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.