Artifact for Fire Tank

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dannyro19, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Dannyro19 Active Player

Right now I'm using the Mancles, eye of gemini (for pheromone bloom) and mystic symbol which is the only one maxed. Should I switch one of those out for the Everyman prototype or leave what I have?
    Thanks
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Replacing the Gemini for Everyman will give you the best set up.
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I know a fire player who was switching out manacles for Everyman because he feels the changes to Immolation make it not as helpful. To me, Manacles lessens some of the effectiveness of Everyman because Everyman gets stronger when your health dips but the purpose of Manacles is to prevent health dips.

My Earth tanks EoG was far too high to consider replacing it for Everyman.
    • Like x 1
  4. Juggurnaut Level 30

I currently run Everyman, manacles and mystic for my fire tank. I was running the same 3 as you before hand. I replaced my eye of Gemini and notice a big difference. Yes the proc for immolation reset isn’t as effective when using manacles. But it still takes a hit that hits you for more than 30% of your health and divides in half and distributes the rest over the next 5 seconds. During which time the Everyman art will kick in and boost your defense until you are healed. Manacles still works really well even without the shield cooldown really mattering. These 3 artifacts will probably be the new meta for a while.
    • Like x 1
  5. diangelo Level 30

Maybe there’s something I don’t understand about the manacles.

Shield cool downs reduced by 10%- not to bad

If an attack damages you for at least 30% of your health it take half of it and applies it over the next 3-5 seconds...and has a cool down of 45-60 seconds.

That ability seems nearly useless.

First, as a fire tank your health is all over the place and I feel like a hit that is 30% of your health would happen all the time. Then you have to wait 45-60 seconds for it to happen again.

Secondly, it doesn’t take away any of the damage. You take 50% damage...then the other 50% is spread out over 3-5 sec. so unless whoever hit you so hard suddenly stops attacking you...it’s like giving them bonus damage for 3-5 seconds.

If this had a “can not be one-shot” or something to that effect then it would be useable.

Am I missing something?
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

i personally would switch EoG for Everyman prototype but a tank artifact setup depends on the play style:

if u like face tanking ( most of the time not elite content) u would go Menacles,Everyman Prototype and Mystic Symbol
    if u like or have to kite alot ( elite content) u would go Menacles, Everyman Prototype and Dilustel Refractor
    if ur playstyle contains SC spam u would go Menacles, Everyman Prototype and Eye of Gemini.
    • Like x 3
  7. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

the extra 3-5 seconds allows more time for you to throw up shields and heal to avoid the damage, and lets the healer get some heals in as well. You r
    arely get hit that hard right in a row, so the 50% dot is incremental but not incremental on top of a huge amount of damage (and you have an auto shield to throw up if you have it ranked at 200)
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm still using Refractor, Symbol and Mantilcles but thought about switching Manticles for Everyman. I just hate to lose the XP as Manticles is around 190 now. I'm also not keen on the take half off damage, then get it right back over 3-5 seconds. Works fine If you have a healer still up, but when it's hero time and the healer is down, that same damage in one hit or spread out doesn't make as much difference. And yeah, with Immolation now goofed up, it's definitely less attractive to take it to 200 than it was.
  9. Nangaf Well-Known Player

Dilustel refractor
    ,everyman,
    Mystic symbol of the seven

no other is better than that 3 artifact for fire tank, the discusion is over !!!!
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I wouldn’t go that far...
    • Like x 2
  11. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Manacles, mystic symbol of the 7, and everyman prototype seems to be the general consensus from most i've talked to and is what i use on mine.

I know you didnt ask about a loadout but a very well hidden secret that fire tanks have is absorb heat spam it (with empowered channeling white mod) to get great heals and to help with cooldowns and will keep you alive and will make it where a super charge is not needed.
    • Like x 1
  12. Nangaf Well-Known Player

Dont use menacle, because it do nothing , than reduce shield by 10% , but fire only have 1 shield, and sometime give you reduction damage when u receive 30% of your life,

dilustral reflector, give you more health, and everyman give you defense % of you health, so what fire tank need is %reduced, so defense do that.

more health = more defense by dilust reflec + everyman

( menacle is for ice and rage tank)
    ( everyman and symbol of seven is for all tank)
    ( dilustel refractor is for fire,atomic,earth tank)
  13. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Manacles only affects 1 shield per power anyway so the # of shields you run doesnt matter as long as you run the one shield id rather have my shield more often to negate damage and stop the bleed.
    • Like x 2
  14. Berza Committed Player

The reset proc affects only one shield, but the cooldown reduction affects all shields.
    • Like x 2
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

1% defense does not equal to 1% mitigation. Someone smarter than me can do the math so I won’t even attempt to do it. But saying that manacles don’t do anything for fire is very false. Fire dps can use multiple shields just like any tank. Even if you choose to only use immolation, having it up faster is a good thing since it mitigates damage itself. I’m not going to say that fire tanks HAVE to use it because that wouldn’t be true either but it’s a good artifact for all tanks
  16. Psyfur Well-Known Player

Is there a way to cancel absorb heat now? Because in all my time as a fire tank, I could never do it. Someone, who shall go nameless, says absorb heat is an exploit when you cancel it.
  17. Psyfur Well-Known Player

Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. But still if someone could explain, I’d really appreciate it.
  18. Juggurnaut Level 30

You can block cancel absorb heat. This is not guaranteed to work. I have not yet figured out what prohibits the block cancel sometimes. But most of the time you can use absorb heat and immediately block cancel out of it and still get all the heals. I do not think this is an exploit as it should be intended in my opinion to be able to block cancel a channel power. Just like you can jump cancel heat vision. Or you can cancel any of the heal power channels. Although absorb heat is the only one you still get all the heals from when it is cancelled.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not intended and according to the grapevine is currently getting fixed as we speak.