Artifact exp and catalyst drops

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lanternspartan, Nov 26, 2021.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Players of any status CAN get max artifacts easily. And all players regardless of membership status DO have access to anything sold by the vendor. Nine members get 1 destiny token a month. Members get 3 extra (4 total) a month. Unless you are wasting your tokens on useless stuff like source marks you have plenty of tokens to buy anything you need.

Tried being helpful to you so let me take a different approach. What in the game is preventing you from not getting an artifact to 200?
    • Like x 1
  2. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

except that, what you do not understand, not I am only evoking a thought on the subject and not to ask you anything, as you seek to make believe!
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I agree that Nth has seemed to drop WAY down (for F2P/Premiums at least) with the changes since 41, if you farm correctly and apply the Nth optimally, 200s would not take 'forever'. I have a few premiums who have at least 1 200 and another at 180 or 160, and they were 'born' last anniversary, so less than a year now. And those are farmers who don't run every day. Other daily runners have 4 or 5 200s now, with 0 XP coming via purchases.

Seals now come from the daily rewards and Dr Fate, although it would be nice if you could get more than 1 a month (or a 10 pack of SOP), and source is now 'unlimited'...there is no reason cats need to drop at this point, just buy them from Constantine. If you don't know how to get the source marks, well....that's another topic. Nth could be a bit higher for sure(the loss of the 12k a month vault drops did hurt alts), but there is no requirement for 200s, and no requirement you have to buy XP other than to 'catch up' quickly. Work on 120s first (very attainable), then get them to 160 vs pouring everything into a single arti for a 200.
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Purple gear drops in content and is slightly higher CR than the vendor, daily reward, and TC purps.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

He asked about purple tier nth, not purple gear. I don’t remember ever seeing purple nth drop
    • Like x 1
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yeah I’m an idiot lol. I don’t know where I even got gear drops from in an Nth thread. I think the only purple nths I’ve seen were from the stabilizer duo week? Probably wrong there too
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No you’re right lol. It did drop from that and if I remember correctly it was also nontradable so it was for those who got it.
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

Think they dropped in the vault when it came back for Halloween seasonal. So I’d expect it to be back for Xmas, but who knows?
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup. I’d think so too. Because of the vault my alts got a lot of nth. I think all of my baby toons have their arts all at 80? I think. And that was after ignoring them for so long lol
  10. Earthwin New Player

Trying to get one artifact from 119 to 120, as I'm doing the breakthrough, it fails with a 40% success rate, but then it removes the stone to keep you from loosing all your catalysts, one miss-click with no confirmation just consumed my 3 weeks worth of catalysts, I am so frustrated I am leaving the game until they do something about this, I realize it's a mistake but I have literally spent too much time to loose that in a game. Am I the only one stupid enough for this to happen to? Seriously seems flawed. Whatever, I'm only one subscription ending so, who cares.
    • Like x 1
  11. metal1ix Well-Known Player

There's some T1 Solos that can be done relatively fast to make up for the lost marks as fast as possible without relying on other players.
    Daily give 12 source marks, along with doing the Time Piece dailies and T6 solo.

Sure, it may be considered repetitive tasks, but at the end of the day, failing is not the end of everything.
    :eek: Now failing 10 times in a row on the other hand, perhaps a break is needed at that point.
  12. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Had that happen to me too.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry to tell you, but a mis-click is on you. On a 120 breakthrough, put the seal in or take your chances. No you are not stupid for doing it...and no...you are not the only one, but long story short, when playing with '3 weeks worth of catalysts' click slower and more deliberate. I can honestly say I've had this happen to me 1 time....on a level 80 or something back when artis first came out and they were very hard to farm (the drop ones from the raids could only be picked up 1 time a week without a reset/alts). So I made sure from there on out, I slow down when leveling. It's a good rule for almost anything in this game where you can have 'remorse' after...the broker, buying stuff from vendors, cleaning your inventory, doing league 'roster' maintenance.

Jump in an FOS3 spam group and get your source back to buy the cats again. If it takes you 3 weeks to replace them you are doing it wrong. The good news is, you can still do that unsubbed, so feel free to unsub AND still get the source.
    • Like x 1
  14. metal1ix Well-Known Player

A quick question regarding FOS3, but how many source marks can you get per run as a base?
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

10...unless they updated it. However, I think the source in the chooser is gone, so 10 or if a 2x week, 20...should be it. Not a lot of variation.

Personally I don't spam FOS3, so if any of that is wrong, I'll stand corrected....but it was that way when I did run it a few times when 41 first launched, or on the few times it pops up when I omni queue.