Test Discussion Artifact Changes

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Apr 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.W Committed Player

Thank you for trying to find the middle ground. I truly appreciate that.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mr.W Committed Player

This is my main concern too Proxystar
    • Like x 3
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I agree with this statement, this is a group based artifact that should remain a group based artifact. It isn't a solo play artifact.
    • Like x 5
  4. ToxicDisaster New Player

I understand that there are two sides to this entire situation; those that advocate for EOG changes and those that do not. Based on the feedback I've seen whether on the forums or YouTube have been overwhelmingly in favor for EOG to be changed in some way shape or form. DCUO had proposed for a Supercharge rebalancing a couple years ago that was soon fizzled out of existence. When players see that changes that were once brought up are being pushed back, it leaves a sour taste in our mouths because it shows that our promises might be broken later on in the future. I understand that the team is understaffed however I can assure you that this is a pretty low point for DCUO, I only want what's best for the sake of the game and these EOG changes were a step in the right direction.

Batuba and I used to speak privately on different aspects about making the game more enjoyable in terms of DPS'ing. I was the one who told him to change Lernaea's Amulet from 3% might to 5% might on test because of the lack of artifacts being released with that favorable stat. He always looked for player feedback and wanted to diversify the ways to deal damage in the game. He brought the update for finishers to be viable through certain artifacts and its clear to see he ALWAYS wanted each artifact to be unique and viable. I'm also sure you realize how counterintuitive it is to keep an artifact meta since its release (over 4 years) considering it is best in slot for MULTIPLE roles. He mentioned to me his vision for the game as I would always propose new ways to try to make DPS'in a more enjoyable experience. Its safe to say maybe I'm not saying these things for no reason.
    • Like x 4
  5. CTG Gamez New Player

This EoG update is going to really make a lot of DPS mad. As for the supercharge gain being reduced so much on green circles (as said on various comments above), This really does need to be fixed.

I dont care about the drop in % of Supercharge Heals and Heals, but the stacking really needs to stay. I don't say this because I want 4 healers to charge me up. I say this because as a tank, especially Earth and Ice, it is best to run EoG for self heals.

If a healer runs EoG in the group, and the tank with an EoG is separated from the group (as they should be), this can cause problems for the tanks survival.

@Mepps Please consider this.
  6. Ekaterina Committed Player

Why was nature form changes turned into supers in the first place? Wolf bug and dog they were normal abilities why did they get turned into supers?
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The buffs you get from shapeshifting were changed from permanent while in form to ~12 seconds. They didn't want Nature players to feel forced to rely on transformations like we had been. They also didn't want us to buff ourselves continuously so they reduced them to small cost supercharges. When they introduced Eye of Gemini that gave Nature an obvious advantage so they raised the supercharge cost on those abilities.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ekaterina Committed Player

That is the silliest thing I heard, they made form changes a super because they didn’t want pple to rely on them? Then they turn it into a super to remove the hidden buff? Because nature didn’t already have rampage. Sorry I been playing the game from 2011-17 beginning of 2017 and returned end of 2020 (coronavirus brought me back) and the only super that was transformation was gorilla. If the moves had a hidden buff why didn’t they just remove that and keep it a normal power. See some of these changes that have been made or not thoroughly thought out at all nature literally was a form changing power why are all of the forms a super. Once again sorry I really enjoyed nature dpsing and healing and both need some love and I don’t ever see any powers getting fixed tbh
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I didn't say anything about a hidden buff. It's the same damage/healing buff you get from being transformed only they reduced the time on it.
  10. OGMyDpsIsBetter Active Player

How yall gave in to people crying and allowing another Dlc to be ruined by EoG spamming going to go down as one of the most sad days in dc. You have a raid that is literally a small room that fits right into the Green circle meta of standing in a single spot and you choose to scrap the the eog changes...
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

There was also the whole wanting supercharges to be a thing, that Avair was trying to implement. It's the reason why Supercharge Generators existed in the first place. That didn't go over well in the scheme of the community, mostly due to the imbalances of SC's overall. Where some powersets were stronger than others, so a lot of that got scrapped. Unfortunately, Nature was so unique, that they decided to keep them that way to bring more "options". All it did was create a different set of specific gameplay. I wasn't around when EOG was released. It was during the time I was taking a break, but yeah, all being really low percentage to build did give them an advantage. They of course did the quick route and just nerfed nature.

Avair also had some weird ideas during the stats revamp. He wanted counter mechanics to be a thing and allow us to do more damage if we countered enemies. The problem was, the same was in reverse (similar to CR Differential) and the fact that certain weapons take advantage and can cheese that. It was fun doing a ton of damage to an NPC, just by blocking their lunge.

I do hope that they try to tackle the SC balance pass. There is a need for it and would help some of the under performing powers.
    • Like x 2
  12. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

How are we expected to have a fair balance on arts when some supercharges are unfair far more then others are? Can we stop making allies and artifacts and just do the supercharge pass before this artifact to be completely seriously fair here or what lol
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

If earth and ice are having a hard time and need to stack green pools for survival then earth and ice need to be looked at for more survivability, not keep the stacking so everyone has 100% up time on super charge.
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

They were being super-overused/abused as meta. That's why any normal ability ever gets bumped to a supercharge.
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

FFS, the changes aren't being "scrapped." They'll be in the next Game Update.

(Reading what is actually announced is a good idea.)
  16. OGMyDpsIsBetter Active Player

could have worded it better but what I meant was another dlc was going to be released with EoG in it's current state.
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

For a whole week or so. Why does that matter? Take the week off if it bothers you.
  18. OGMyDpsIsBetter Active Player

You missed the entire point completely. Reading is a lost art.
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Well in fairness we don’t know when the next game update will be it could be a week later it could be a month (most likely not since spring season is coming in a week or so), but mepp even said it is probably gonna be the next game update but it might not be. It’s up in the air.
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I was a professional mass-market book editor for over thirty years. So, sure.

I didn't bother to say anything, but since we're going this route, the word here should be "its," not "it's." Possessive "its" has no apostrophe.

Yes, it's the opposite of the normal use of the possessive apostrophe. English is very inconsistent.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.