Artifact Art Help

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AquamantheKing, Jan 8, 2020.

1. AquamantheKing Level 30

In the past few weeks, I have found myself gathering as many images of the Artifacts as possible trying to crop them out of the Item Containers and saving them in a file in hopes to help the community build their Discord Emoji and Youtubers Thumbnail portfolios.

While I was able to use the original reveal for Artifacts picture as a great starting point, I haven't been able to find the remainder of the artifacts in quite the same quality or size. So I'm coming to this thread in order to ask you (The Community or Devs) To help me locate, or edit if possible the remainder of the artifacts. I currently have Tetrahedron, Dilustel Refractor, Cog of Mageddon, Star Heart Fragment and the Entwined Rings of Azar.

I'm aware it isn't much but I had all of the others complete previously, but the quality just wasn't up to par.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Only the dev/artist have the original sprite and it is really not in their best interest to share them to you.
    Even if you somehow manage to get a hold of them via census the size won't be as big as those so I'd say you might need to tone down your expectations.

Best I could find someone else doing what you want is one of ObsidianChill's thumbnail. Unfortunately, he's not on the forums but you can ask his boy toy to help you contact him.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. AquamantheKing Level 30

Yeah, those are mine actually. Lol But I'm not a fan of the blur effect on them. I was more or so hoping someone on PC could screen shot them or something so I can do a cleaner job on them.

I don't see how that wouldn't be a plus for the devs. People would have more access to graphics that'll make community work look so much more professional.

I see Torikumus videos because they're informative and they look well done. The thumbnails are clean and don't look like they were made using a 90s website mentality.

But I get your point, just didn't think it'd be wrong to ask for some aid.
  4. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Oh asking for aid isn't wrong, it's just that as much as I would love seeing the original .png/.psb, I simply don't think you have that much of a chance in succeeding.
    Giving you access to their assets means they have less control to who is going to use them and how, and this can be particularly iffy when this is a licensed game instead of an in-house one, even if in practise nobody in-charge over DC entertainment would actually give a funk. Making player's content look more professional is imho a really poor argument because impersonating the dev team, even just giving the impression of being one, is exactly what they would not want to deal with.

PC wasn't known for having better graphics so if you use that platform to get what you want it's probably a more shady territory. Try colour correcting with Photoshop if the blue area is the only thing bugging you.
  5. AquamantheKing Level 30

I don't understand why asking for access to ui graphics would cause someone to think they're impersonating a Dev. But that's beside the point.

If in game screenshots are the best quality and size we can get, then so be it. I don't have access to all of the artifacts and would still appreciate it if people posted artifacts. I know test server people have access to all of them. If nobody can help then I understand.
  6. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Poorly structured sentence on my end. It is simply that these assets do hold some kind of authoritative value that devs as a general rule cannot give out publicly and freely for fear of inappropriate use, no matter how pure or sincere your intentions are. Any legally provided good quality images are most likely from census or artist portfolios, which even then are merely samples.

There are still other ways to do what you want and I wish you the best of luck on that.

Side note: best quality images of artifacts that are available in game are likely to be of the same size as other item icons, which looks like this:
    [IMG]
  7. Megzilla Developer

I don't know our policy on releasing higher resolution images. Mepps would have the solid answer, but I will probably lean towards "I don't think I can post them". Any crunchiness you see is because I do the icon work at 500px and then everything has to be compressed down to 64px. Those initial artifact ones are high rez probably because we were using them for some marketing, so it wouldn't look great to have them at their 64px size.

Edit: But I'm glad you like them :D
    • Like x 4
  8. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Good job for once again exposing me for spouting sheet *thumbs up*
  9. Eve YouTuber

If there's one thing I like the most about DCUO is the art. Because it truly looks amazing and brings it all to life.
    Hopefully It's not really an issue to release those. Those could be excellent emojis on the DCUO official server cause it has no emojis at all. And I might return if it gets a bit updated with cool Megzilla-made DCUO art emojis ;) Also as the OP mentioned it is useful for dcuo videos and such (As long as you credit the guy editing those and the one who drew these). I want some of the currency images but they have numbers on them and it makes it harder to use them :(
  10. AquamantheKing Level 30

Thanks to both of you for your help. I figured the art would have to be resized to adjust into the game ui.

I do like the artifact artwork. I might be able to adjust the way I crop images out to obtain better images. I honestly don't mind the size differences either. It's just that if I was to use that Sider art above, it'd still be a cleaner look than most pictures I've seen online. They seem too hazy. Maybe the resolution or brightness on people's TV's are off. But it never seems the same.

I'll post any other artifacts as they're being made. Hope the community appreciates it.
    • Like x 1
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The last thing I want to do after spending hours on a vid is to spend more time on the thumbnail haha :p so they are definitely elementary level.

If you need any assistance with images from test or in game of artifacts and trinkets just DM me on discord or here with a list and i'll get you the screenshots