Armory Claiming

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rainnifer, May 22, 2019.

1. Rainnifer Committed Player

This might have been asked before, but is there any reason for purchased armories not being claimable on other characters? I was disappointed when I found this out.
  2. Anri Myst Active Player

I imagine its because each char can have a few armories for various reasons. Such as 1 for dps, 1 for role, 1 for solo, 1 for raid etc, not counting just wanting to switch styles.

Imagine how much money is paid for each set, I have 18 characters right now so the thought of how much I need to spend is killing me.

To clarify I agree with you, and I think the reason they don't is the income armories bring in. It must be a top seller and its all about the money.

As long as theres sales every now and then, and the cash goes into making updates I don't mind to much though.
    • Like x 1
  3. Rainnifer Committed Player

I'm sure the only reason it's a "top seller" is because people have to keep re-buying it for their characters. I saw it said it's only tradeable between your own characters so people could end up claiming and trading it to themselves, but why not just make it untradeable, and claimable.
  4. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I bought a four-pack of armories and I was able to spread them between characters of the account.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What now? Is this a change? If so I'm going to be ticked off when I get home and check my inventory, where I have an 8 pack with 7 still available I plan on distributing to toons that become 'worthy' of a 2nd 3rd or 4th armory. If i'm now stuck with 11 armories on my main I will be....
    [IMG]

Reinheld
  6. Rainnifer Committed Player

No no, they're still account bound I'm sure. You're right though I guess they can't change it because people still have armories they plan to move to new characters. I just think it would've been better if the armories were simply "claimable" like the other purchasable amenities.
  7. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I wish they would introduce a support role tutorial around lvl 30 and reward basic support role gear and/or a second armory with it

They probably won’t thou because they would lose out on some sales, I can only dream lol
  8. Rainnifer Committed Player

Yeah true. They can make the individual armories you purchase claimable, and keep the packs not and account bound? ;-;
  9. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

Here is just an idea I had concerning the Support role tutorials. I've never experienced the Survival Mode but I've heard how it works. It would be nice if they made a 'special' SM that is designed for Support roles as a tutorial. As an example, it may require say 4 DPS, 1 Healer, Tank and Controller, and the 8th slot can be either DPS or another Support Role. They could have their own reward system to encourage participations (new Styles, etc). Just a thought.
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

They probably wouldn’t do that, because what would be the new point of buying armory packs
  11. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

it's because you buy them only for the character you are on when you purchase them (one time sale). If you do buy one (or multiple) you trade them to other toons by using bank (they are account bound)
  12. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

The single armory has always been account bound for me (purchased single armory)
  13. Rainnifer Committed Player

Buying them in packs is much cheaper than buying them individually, and some people use multiple armories per toon so they'd still benefit from the packs.
  14. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

But if you make the individual armories claimable per alt, it’s one less armory you would have to buy, which would result in some loss of sales for those who uses a minimum of two armories, and if the player eventually buys an individual armory here and there, would that purchased armory also be able to be claimable by all alts? It would be theoretically cheaper to by the individual armory if they were able to be claimed on all alts
  15. Rainnifer Committed Player

Yeah, I get what you're saying. It would've been nice to have it for my alt as well, I didn't realize buying it was only for one character at first, but my alt doesn't need it so I'm not going to bother buying another.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

If there is ever a sale, it’s one of the good things to buy, I do that with my alts
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For DBG it makes no sense. Example....I have 16 toons I run, 5 hardcore and 11 as sometimes alts and marks farmers, I use 4 armories on 2 of them, and 2 armories on 3. That's 9 armories I've purchased (technically 16 as I bought 2 8 packs..but I have 7 left to use still) Let's pretend there was no 8 pack savings, I'd have spent 16x a single armory price...And this would have me pretty well covered. In addition to this, any armories that are put on a toon I later delete are also deleted...meaning I'd have to re-buy if I created a replacement toon.

Now, If they made them claimable, I'd only have to buy 3 additional armories and all 16 toons would have 4 available. Additionally any subsequent toons I create would get 4 armories for nothing. The only way this would work is if the single 'account' armory would be like 5x the price of a standard armory....even then 3 pieces of x5 cost would be pretty cheap to cover all your toons in perpetuity.

While I'd love the idea of getting something for less money, I don't see any incentive for DBG to ever look at doing it.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  18. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I know, I only said that to prove my point on why they wouldn’t do it ;)
    Especially people that only use 2-3 armories, daybreak would use out on all those sales buying those armories (especially if you have a lot of alts), if they were claimable. That’s why they wouldn’t
    • Like x 1
  19. Revoemag Committed Player

What happens to the armorie if you delete the character, ...can it be claimed again
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Then you deleted the armory.
    • Like x 2