Armory Build re-naming

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrStoob, Jul 10, 2020.

1. MrStoob Well-Known Player

I've a few builds on the go at the moment, and decided to update the names to reflect the intent. One build is what I'd describe as my 'Kryptonian' build, due to it only using flight attacks, laser vision and frost breath. When I came to re-name my build to 'Kryptonian' the game said it was invalid. After a couple of tests, it seems to be validating from the same place as player names - so no 'Lois Lane' build, or 'Ultraman' build, or whichever.

Is this intended? It's not like anyone else is ever going to see those bits of text.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yep, intended. There's a list of blocked words/names that can not use for your characters or your armories. I used to name my armories after whatever iconic style I was using, I would have to change some letters around to bypass the system.
    • Like x 2
  3. MrStoob Well-Known Player

No s**t, read my post again.

A list of blocked names/labels makes sense for any other part of the game but this. It really seems like overkill to send the build naming system through the player naming system for something that literally no-one else is ever going to see. It might only be a little thing, but you know, it's the little things that make the difference.

Frustratingly, I couldn't even have 'Kryptonean', a word that shouldn't even exist.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow...I re-read your post again....you directly asked 'Is this intended?' Lorax replied 'yes', it was indeed intended, confirmed your suspicion and said what HE did as a work around and gets a "No S**T" reply...nice.

Don't ask a question you don't want the answer to or are just expecting a different answer than the one you already know is correct. Or if you get the answer you are already expecting, don't get mad when you get it.

Here...I'll demonstrate.

ME- "I'm pretty good at math....In fact I know 10x10 is 100, but it doesn't seem right.....Is 10x10=100 or is it just me?"

Can't wait till someone tells me it IS 100 so I can reply "No S**T!....I said I was pretty good at math!" and prove what a ***** I am.
    • Like x 3
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You'll live.
    • Like x 1
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

The game is to be your own hero or villain, not be an existing one. Welcome to the world of knockoffs.

On a side note, Baked is not allowed.
    • Like x 1
  7. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Sorry I was rude, just felt like what I'd already ascertained was read back to me. While it might be intended, it doesn't explain the intent of limiting the label of something that is not sensitive to the viewing of others.

I'm not trying to change my player's name to an existing hero/villain, just the name of a build. I don't see why that would be limited.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yes, it's intended. As for whether or not anyone can see that information, all it would take is someone doing a Youtube video or taking screenshots with the copywritten name for a lawyer to get on the phone and cause problems. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

You are trying to name your armory after a fictitious, trademarked race. That is why. You are encouraged to be more original with your naming conventions.
  10. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Thanks. Whether I agree with that use of copyright or not, that at least gives some explanation.