Arenas balance

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by fm0987, Dec 15, 2018.

1. fm0987 Committed Player

I know I'll probably get flack for this, maybe not idk, at this point just wishful thinking really. I'm sure the state of arenas won't change, seeing as pvp is pretty much dead anyway and gear hasn't been added in a long time . If changes were made to balance it, it would probably effect pve and people would cry. Hence it is ignored. Since the revamp, superpowered focus has pretty much ruined arenas imo, especially with all the unblockable abilities, spam, etc etc. Hybrid focus should be mandatory for pvp. Also I know arenas are all about building your toon how you want, it's not supposed to be legends, but to further balance, remove roles all together i.e. make everyone dps stance. Going up against a proper group with a heal/ troll or tank combo, you might as well just up and leave if you queued in alone. The amount of healing in arenas is what really kills it for me, especially when the healer just sits up in the air ranging, it's ridiculous. Also I thought this post summed up a lot of the issues well: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ist-of-pvp-issues-devs-please-respond.293708/
  2. fm0987 Committed Player

Remove artifacts and augments too
    • Like x 1
  3. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You problem is that you are wanting a shoe fits all in PVP and that's not the case. You have to adjust for different groups and people.
  4. Zydelo New Player

An idea to help about solo quing would be to have a role optional setting like there is for pve. Otherwise it’s always better to build your own group. But definitely would be great to see a proper pvp update to address some things.
  5. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Roles aren't really the problem..

The problem is right now, certain powers allow you to play in support role and do a ton of damage at the same time
  6. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Augments do give you small clamped stats but I'm pretty sure artifacts are disabled in Arenas
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

If I'm not mistaken. Our buffed stats are capped at what the old T6 gear mods stats were.

Everyone's stats in PVP are a lot closer than they realize. People are not winning because they always have bigger surf boards. They are winning because they know how to ride the waves better than others. It's all about the motion in the ocean baby.

Also, it never hurts if you are using wired controllers and on google fiber ( fiber optic internet ).
    If you're using broadband and using wireless controllers you're gonna have slower reaction times. Which in turn will cause you to get beat most of the time. It's not always because others are better. You just might have cr4ppy internet and UBER slow ping times.
  8. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Unfortunately a lot of people are winning because they're using certain powers..powers that allow them to be in support role and still do large damage numbers

And the internet thing might matter if anyone was actually countering in Arenas...but it's just a spamfest at this point
  9. fm0987 Committed Player

K I wasn't sure really tbh just kinda throwin some ideas out there.
  10. fm0987 Committed Player

My pvp cr is 101 so I've won and lost my fair share. In my experience (I usually 4v4s and up, more people, more chaotic etc, 1v1 and 2v2 attract the most hardcore cheesers), it's almost always a super lopsided fight, one team melts, the other near invulnerable. I know it sounds dumb but that's why I suggested all dps stance.
  11. fm0987 Committed Player

Yeah that might work, but q would be even slower than it already is.
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

They went that route when they removed pvp gear with roles. DPS only is what PVP was before revamp for the most part and it made todays's PVP look like a dream. It was a test on who had the fastest internet connection, who could make the first click and spamming 1,2,3,4,5. There was no challenge and the fights lasted about 2 seconds. I kept one of my fire toons on stand bye just for the cheesers. 1,2,3,4 & you're melted xD. If that did not work. I would pull them in with my lasso and let everyone else eat them up. Be glad we have what we do now. It totally sucked before. You really only had a couple choices if you wanted to be competitive.
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Don't even get me started on immunities. We had guys screaming that they want PVP to be more real life like and then thought that immunities in PVP should be a thing. I lol'd at those guys because they clearly have never played a contact sport before. xD
  14. shoegazer Well-Known Player

You're good bro...It's not dumb to want PvP to be better
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

No it's not dumb but when people come to the forums screaming fouls when its not. That's what's dumb.
    The best thing people can do to help PVP in its current state,
    When you, we, us see something that is messed up " record it and file a support ticket with proof of said item being broken". Without proof nothing will get changed.

Players saying things are broken without understanding is what cause most of the negative it's broken drama issues in the first place.

Here is a prime example from yesterday.
    A player was saying that the sparring targets were useless and they needed to start showing the damage that they receive.:confused: o_O
    I understood what was happening and explained how he could do what he was wanting. but,.......... I was put on his ignore list a while back because I said something that he did not like. I stuck out my hand more than once and he refuses to see it or accept the help. Oh well I guess.
    What else can you do when people refuse to accept help.

Just like in PVP.

Others & I told after the after the revamp, " PVP is close to the old PVP that everyone supposedly loved ". The roles are there and they were Rock / Paper / Scissors. Except the roles strengths & weaknesses towards other roles are reversed.

Guess what?? Crickets...... or
    You tell I guy what power he can use to beat mental or all the atomic tanks that were in PVP and you get a response back.....
    You don't have a clue about PVP.
    I'm like,.....Oh well I guess. I told them what to do but they refused to accept the answer.

A lot of the players refuse to accept and or learn the new PVP after REVAMP. The ones that understand what is going on are doing well. The ones that refuse to take that hand...... Whelp, what can you do? They keep saying everything is broken when it's not and I keep trying to help but they refuse to accept the help.

Then stack all the negative comments and false its broke comments to continue and spread like a bad disease on top of that.

We have what we have.

I think PVP is awesome because it's always different and you cannot use the same thing every time. The ones that are complaining want to mash 1,2,3,4,5 over & over & over when in fact a real competition is being able to make adjustments on the fly and not doing the same thing over & over. The ones that are complaining about PVP are the same ones that are complaining about PVE being too easy. They just want to play with themselves and want easy mode that only they understand.
    • Like x 1
  16. Zydelo New Player

True..but without the other roles to assist you have you no protection either. That’s partly why arenas are where they are now and always have been in some form. Before with the rps setup you had counters to balance out the roles and keep a form of structure. PvP has always ebbed and flowed from too little offence to too much defence, partly because of gear,skill points,powers,movement choice,match ups, knowledge of mechanics,luck has led to a lot of unnecessary additions and changes that have made pvp the way it is now. Adjusting it will require a solid vision and a mix of old and new ideas and commitment to see it through.
  17. Zydelo New Player

True..But if it helps build more competitive matches there’s a chance people will q up more. That’s one reason why legends has always been popular,there’s always been a bit more parody than arenas cause legends never had specific roles but had concepts instead.