Are people not buying these TCs?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Jun 14, 2021.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You have common emblems and gear running for 20 30 40 million a piece. Barely any listed in broker. Something im missing?
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What server? Everything sees normal on usps right now
    • Like x 1
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Normal? Im on usps. Theres 1 common zod emblem for 30 mil. Theres common emblems like nuclear man emblem for cheapest 10 mil. Thats not normal.
  4. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

I know I’m not. I save all of my stabilizers for the resurgence events and buy what I want off of the time capsules in the meantime.

As far as I have been noticing the last couple of days things have been selling rapidly and the broker has been drying up quickly, especially on items like the Super Rebellious Jacket, Kerchief, and Mullet. Mainly because I think people are selling the collection pieces instead.

The gear I noticed a real glut of early on so I hopped on that immediately. It seems to me like people are going the route that I am and just purchasing the items and gear straight out, which is leading to the temporary shortage.

My best advice is just to be diligent and monitor the broker. Great deals can pop up but they go quick so you have to be on top of it.

I’m on USPS server btw if that makes any difference.
    • Like x 2
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Remember that question you posed about the population dip? Factor that along with people unexpectedly snatching certain things up pretty quickly...higher demand with less supply than usual.
    • Like x 3
  6. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

I'm guessing it's due to the lower population, the capsule itself containing hot garbage and the fact that people are sick and tired of new styles and accessories being tied to the horrendous RNG of TCs instead of in the marketplace. I know I haven't spent a dime on these capsules.
    • Like x 3
  7. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Well it hasn't really been that long since it released, the 9th I believe, it usually takes a while before the prices come down to a more reasonable rate.
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If you were right about the capsule containing "hot garbage" (which you aren't...it's just your opinion), coldchillin88 wouldn't be making this thread because the opposite would be true, things would be cheaper. Just because you don't like the items this time around doesn't mean everyone else feels the same. The population dip is having a major effect, and the broker is reflecting that.
    • Like x 3
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not really. I'm on those time capsules when they hit, and coldchillin88 isn't imagining things...prices and quantities are out of whack from their usual state.
    • Like x 2
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I sold a bunch of capsules this week for a good amount of cash, so some people are definitely opening them. The price is probably because the items in this TCs are way more desired than the ones in the few past TCs
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Someone must have bought up all the cheap items and then put them back on the broker at an inflated price. I bought several items the other day and the prices were very reasonable.
    • Like x 2
  12. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I'm not saying he is imagining things, I'm just saying it's only been like 5 days since the TC has been released and it can take a while before prices get to their lowest price you're likely gonna see them.

When it's been a 3-4 weeks and prices are still the same as today, that would be a call for concern.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Scarcity of some items and the resulting high prices could also reflect folks actually pursuing the items and not just trying to resell them.
    • Like x 5
  14. Shalayah Committed Player

Items typically go for a lot after a new capsule drops. Which is normal. It happens when a new Episode releases, when new seasonal items release and when time capsules are newly released. Your best bet is to just wait for the prices to drop.
  15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

With all the bugs in this time capsules I really wouldn't recommend spending much or any on this one.
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Most of them have been corrected. The main one that remains is the Enhanced Emblem of Rao.
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Now for April Fool’s, I want the “hot garbage” base item.

Nah - I still really want the “pile of unopened time capsules” base item. :D
    • Like x 5
  18. spikeat Well-Known Player

There could be a player driving up the prices by buying all the cheaper ones. We also need to take into consideration inflation with the amount of in game money floating around.

When I bought my zod emblem, there were a lot averaging 5-10 mil. I've completed everything from this TC so I haven't opened anymore since. Also I never saw any zod emblem from the TC I opened. I'm sure if you wait a few more weeks the price will drop.
    • Like x 2
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's not the real issue this go around, because that same inflation has been around for several years now, and it didn't the last time capsule like this. I think between the population dip at this time and what you said about a player or two buying things up and inflating the prices, things are not at their usual state by this time.
  20. spikeat Well-Known Player

I never denied the population dip didn't contribute to the cause. Pandemic restrictions are being lifted and we are definitely going to see a change.

It's easier to make $1B in game today than it was in the past. I bought everything I was missing from the broker day 1 and I'm sure I'll be able to recoup everything I spent by the time of the next TC. In the past when in game cash was more scarce, I would buy TC from the MP. If more players are trending towards what I'm doing then the law of supply and demand will greatly affect prices.
    • Like x 1