[Archive] Discord Weekly Office Hours Transcripts

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Superskull85, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Just in case Discord ever loses message history or if anyone wanted to search the transcripts for the new Office Hours session on Discord you can find them in this thread.

I'll try my best to get a copy of the transcript each week. However if you see one missing feel free to post a link to the TXT file and I will add to the folder.

You can obtain transcripts by simply copy and pasting the chat from 4 PM Pacific to 5 PM every Friday in the #ask-dcuo channel on the Discord DCUO channel. You'll likely need to scroll a lot but Discord should keep the history that you need assuming you don't wait many days. The best client to do this from is probably the desktop client but the web client can work too.

You should also look into using the compact layout changeable from Settings (gear icon) -> Appearance. This will eliminate avatars which will create unneeded whitespace.

You can find the DCUO Discord channel here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/announcing-the-official-dcuo-discord.280075/

Recent transcripts:
    Recent transcripts Q&A style (be sure to view the full transcripts for unanswered questions):
    Archive Folder - Office Hours Transcripts Archive

Feel free to reformat the transcripts in a different style using the TXT files. If someone wants to clear up noise (moderation, one-off comments, etc.) and match Mepps' replies to the specific user questions I'm sure that would greatly help players out in finding questions and answers specifically. :)
    • Like x 5
  2. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I know at least one person was asking for something like this so hopefully this will help them. (I am not quite sure who asked.) :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Pults Loyal Player

That would be me and I'm eternally grateful. ;)
  4. Superskull85 Devoted Player

5. Ringz Dedicated Player

I appreciate this 110%. Theres definitely needs to be a archive for stuff like these
  6. quirkers Well-Known Player

Thank you, very much appreciated. I know I asked about it as well.
  7. Superskull85 Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  8. Superskull85 Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Thanks 100% for doing this I can't get that discord app to work.
  10. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Your welcome, but if you want some help/tips to get it working feel free to send me a PM with your problem. I may or may not be able to get them all on time or in the Q&A style, time permitting, so if you can get it to work you may want to try to do so. :)
  11. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Here's this week's transcript: Transcript - October 14th, 2016 This one is a big hefty so I'll try to work on the Q&A style over the week. I create them in a spreadsheet so I may just post a link to that and people can see the questions and answers as they develop over the week. It was a good excuse to listen to podcasts last so hopefully that remains true. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Thanks for posting this so it is all in one place :)

Very intrigued about that last boss fight in the second raid and how that'll play out.

Also glad to hear that for the first time since Episode 19 that this episode is getting a trailer! Will keep an eye out for that :)
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Just an update (since it is almost Friday): I don't think I'll continue doing the Q&A format, at least not weekly. The normal transcript format is easy to deliver so I'll continue that, however. There isn't a way to automate the process all that much making it more of a chore each week to get done especially this week with lots of interactions.

Sorry if that disappoints anyone but it is what it is. :)
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

There was no #ask-dcuo today so I can't post a transcript. However I did add a link to Trexlight's Q&A style thread from October 7th, 2016.
  15. Superskull85 Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  16. Superskull85 Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

Mepps has moved to using Voice Chat to answer questions. There was a playback last week someone posted if someone can please post it here.

Here is tonight's Office Hours Session for those that missed it 01-27-17
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Office Hours 02-10-17

Office Hours 02-24-17
    • Like x 2
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

Office Hours 03-10-17 w/ special guest: NerdofPrey, Creative Director
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

Office Hours 04-07-17