Approx. Shield Multiplier (Dev Response Requested)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Epic Grind, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Epic Grind Well-Known Player

So I was playing around on test with shield multipliers for tanks and healers. My method of testing was to apply my shield just before the bosses hit me with their 1shot, and take the damage absorbed and put it into this equation (This equation is found under the dominance description under "Stats")

Shielding = Base Shield Multiplier (BSM) * (112.5% Resto + 150% Dom)
    And I solved for x, x=BSM

Tank Stats:
    Restoration = 6,669
    Dominance = 7,081

Heal Stats:
    Restoration = 13,732
    Dominance = 73

Here are the approximate Base Shield Multiplier (BSM) I came up with for each shield:

[TANK]
    Immolation (Fire) = Approx 1.52
    Reflection (Ice) = Approx 1.21
    Density (Atomic) = Approx 1.87
    Redirected Rage (Rage) = Approx 2.17
    Gemstone Shield (Earth) = Approx 3.27

[HEAL]
    Boon of Souls (Sorcery) = Approx 1.93
    Swarm Shield (Nature) = Approx 1.88
    Flux (Electric) = Approx 1.88
    Group Transducer (Electric SC) = Approx 4.13
    Blessing (Celestial) = Approx 1.87

I'd like to know if I'm even close or if the devs could just give us the answer straight up.

The request for the devs to give us the shield multipliers is HERE
    • Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Kind of surprising to see ice having the lowest of the tanks, gemstone makes sense cause when I used it to test earth it ate so much damage I was in love. Density seems lower then I expected because that ate a lot of damage too, but if your work is indeed correct then good job, I would never have the patience or will power to do this so I'm glad someone did lol.

Edit: looking at it that's actually a very simple formula, I might try it when I remake the celestial guide. UM I mean, test other things.
  3. Epic Grind Well-Known Player

I just decided to do it since others would prob be like you and wait for someone else to do it :D

I would like a dev to come in here and at the very least say I'm getting warm or cold ;)
    Also I think some shields are higher than others based on the mechanic of the powerset...at least thats the only logical reason I can think of to back the discrepancy in the shield ratings. Ice would be weaker since the primary mechanic of the powerset is shielding. But ofc I'm just guessing.
  4. Epic Grind Well-Known Player

BUMP. Would really like to have a dev response in here. I didn't make the title the way it is just to fill up space.
  5. Moja Developer

I only glanced at a few but the numbers seem pretty close.

Ice's main shield now is Winter Ward, not Reflection. Reflection shields and deals damage, so it's weaker than the pure shield of Winter Ward. Also cooldown, power cost, animation time, etc.. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  6. Epic Grind Well-Known Player

Thanks. When I was calculating this, I was getting a lot of x.xxxx kinds of numbers. When y'all calculate these numbers, do you round up, down, or not at all?

Will test Winter Ward instead of reflect and try to update.

Thanks for the feedback.
  7. Epic Grind Well-Known Player

EDIT TO OP:

[TANK]
    Immolation (Fire) = Approx 1.52
    Winter Ward (Ice) = Approx 2.30
    Density (Atomic) = Approx 1.87
    Redirected Rage (Rage) = Approx 2.17
    Gemstone Shield (Earth) = Approx 3.27

[HEAL]
    Boon of Souls (Sorcery) = Approx 1.93
    Swarm Shield (Nature) = Approx 1.88
    Flux (Electric) = Approx 1.88
    Group Transducer (Electric SC) = Approx 4.13
    Blessing (Celestial) = Approx 1.87

Made a mistake and calculated for Reflect instead of Winter Ward which I should have been calculating for.
  8. Epic Grind Well-Known Player

Forgot to mention this in my last reply. But when you calculate the shield multipliers, are those the things (power cost, cd, animations) you're taking into acct. Because if that's the case I see a balance issue. Because according to what I'm seeing their are balance issues to the shield multipliers. 1 Shield is taking more damage than the other and thats with identical stats. And it seems that the heal shields are the same animation times/cooldowns. As far as tank shields go, unless your accounting for the mechanics (shielding, healing, damage absorption, etc) I see balance issues.
  9. Aerith Rose Committed Player

My opinion here but I feel that this type of information should be more transparent and up front. How are we supposed to accurately test something if we do not understand how it is supposed to behave.

Game play mechanics, like when/how to use your shield correctly in battle in something players should need to figure out on their own.