Appropriate response to a undergeared in the raid

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Little MD, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Little MD Well-Known Player

Hi all,

Some may think this is elitism, but oh well. I only have 2hours of free time a day, and I dislike spending that time wiping in T6 raid b/c one or two players want to get carried in their 90 gears.

So my question is, what is an appropriate response to someone in their 90 gears in T6 raids/alerts? Believe me, I know gears aren't indicative of skills, but after tonight, I think I'll look at every single PUG's gear in the raid. I hate doing this, but it's the only way I can think of to not waste my time. Any suggestions on how do deal with this?
    • Like x 1
  2. Solutha New Player

Yeah don't PUG. Pugging any raid is a 50-50 chance at actually completing it even with geared players. If you are worried about time then find a good league and run it with them. That way you know what you are getting yourself into.
    • Like x 9
  3. rival exe New Player

How does being in 90 gear mean you're getting carried? How you expect people to get T6 gear to be considered "at level" if you don't let them do the missions that give them the "at level" gear?
    • Like x 23
  4. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

To me it depends alot on how the person acts if there there to learn and help out fine if there looking for a free ride then I say kick them .
    • Like x 2
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Teaching them first is the best way to go.
    If they would rather choose to ignore proper advice and want to continue in an arrogant attitude, kicking is always a viable option.
    • Like x 10
  6. Grumpy Dedicated Player

Kick them. Its not like they are trying to gear up or something like that. They just want to get carried kicked.
    • Like x 6
  7. FiveByFive New Player

if their CR allows them to enter the raid they are not under geared. there is no such thing as "under geared" anymore because the Devs took away walk ins. everyone going into a raid is doing it AT the intended gear level or they OVER gear it.
    • Like x 24
  8. Little MD Well-Known Player

I expect them to get 91 gears and 92 gears first. Isn't going for cr94 gear before cr91 gear so that one can save couple marks sound a bit selfish to you? if you know that you'll be a liability for the raid, what reasoning goes through someone's mind to stay in the raid?
    • Like x 5
  9. Radiohead New Player

I think the appropriate response is whatever is appropriate to you. You are going to get alot of people telling you what you should/shouldn't do but only you can decide what is best for you. Form your own groups and use the app if you need =)
    • Like x 5
  10. Little MD Well-Known Player

Do you truly believe the minimal CR requirement for the instance is actually indicative of minimal CR required to finish the instance? Have you RUN PW when it first came out? Prime battleground? Lockdown? I will have a hard time believing you can finish LH with 8 members that barely met cr100 requirement. Again, prove me wrong and this thread is dead. (Oh, Select Few and Odyssey don't count)
    • Like x 1
  11. rival exe New Player

But the 91 gear is trash and 92 isn't much better. I entered the HOP raids with vestments gear and did just fine even out performed a couple people. Going for 94 gear isn't anymore selfish than someone expecting someone else to play the same way that the first person played, and they're only a liability if they're the direct cause for the group failing. (which is not implied from having low gear)
    • Like x 9
  12. Quanflux New Player

I'm not sure if you have issues joining a league, but join a league, usually league runs people assess the group so if there are under geared players in the run, most good leagues will make the adjustments for the carry. Obviously the downsides is some leagues do not like taking players that they feel are underpar for the content ( low sp, lack of gear, lack of xp ), or at least not bring more then 2, at most. Other then that I recommend making a solid list of friends that you know have similar needs to your own, ( which can be fairly difficult if your looking for consistency ), usually when I'm in a fail run, I will remember the players that performed badly ( usually through the scorecard ), and avoid running with those players in the future.
  13. Quanflux New Player

it can be depending on enrage timers and DPS checks.
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

I start HoP content with 90/91 gear, sucking has nothing to do with your gear.
    • Like x 6
  15. rival exe New Player

So basically you want him to prove you wrong but if he proves you wrong then it doesn't count? Logic at its finest.
    • Like x 9
  16. rival exe New Player

Nope.
  17. Little MD Well-Known Player

Thanks for the tip, but I'm in a league already; I pug things when things are slow in the league. But you're absolutely right. I should make a note of all the players that performed badly and make a note to avoid them in future runs.

So, just because one chooses to skip a tier or two in gears, the rest of the raid has to work that much harder? Their "selfish" acts cause problems for 7 others. My "selfish" expectations cause problems for just one. I think I am allowed to kick this one person for the sake of the other 7. But maybe I should phrase my problem differently:

I just expect them to pull their own weight, as much as the other players with 93 gears and up. It just HAPPENS to be that if I see a player under-performing, they often (often is used lightly here, I want to say always) are wearing 90 gears with synth mods. Coincidental?
    • Like x 2
  18. Little MD Well-Known Player

Sigh... 1) Select Few and Odyssey are leagues, not individuals. No He/She pronouns needed here mate and 2) they are easily the top 10% in their knowledge and skills in the game (check SM from select few and multiple vids from Odyssey) so it'd be unfair to compare the top 10% to the other 90% that I am obviously focusing on. You didn't even answer my question, and made some idiotic comment about nothing. Congratulations. Logic at its finest.
  19. KidMidnight Loyal Player

sliding scale.

it begins with attitude. if someone is up front about being inexperienced and undergeared they get the chance to prove themselves. if they're likeable, helpful, performing well enough i'll even go as far as to actually carry them, i'll spot them limes, flexes, nutris and viters as needed.if we still rolled on loot i'd even pass on stuff to them (with exceptions).

if they dont seem to be picking up on things, are an actual hindrance or are belligerent and accusatory blaming othersjust cuz well then youre going to get the boot.

as much time as i send playing the game its all wasted time. while i like getting the most out of my time thats not just measured in scoring drops.

one of my alts was recently booted from a necro run...like last week. cr 105 with 115 or so skill points i actualy grinded out without unlocking to get a good feel for the character. wasnt given a chance, was just told i'm too undergeared...
    • Like x 6
  20. Radiohead New Player

I don't always fail raids.. but when I do there are at least 2 ppl in group undergeared. #PUGLYFE
    • Like x 7