AoJ Purple raid gear

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Swiftduck, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Swiftduck Loyal Player

The drops for purple gear are too darn low.

since the release of AoJ i have received two back pieces. thats it.

im about 40 runs into each raid and have only seen two purple drops of the exact same piece.

something isn't right.
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

purple < vendor, so whats it matter?
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

Wow, that is low! I know that on my my 2 main toons, I've filled both alt roles with full purple drop gear and salvaged probably 8-10 more. I know I haven't run the raids 40x on either because I only bought replays once in last 2 months.
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

to add on this ^

I doubt you'll need CR200+ to beat the new content.

so as long as your at least CR198 or so you'll be fine for the new alert/raid and duo's for the DLC on the 20th ;)
  5. EP Ice Loyal Player

I'm not sure, but isn't there a feat attached to the purple gear?
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yes it's paramilitary found in your local nightclub/police station
    • Like x 2
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes and no. There is a style feat, but not a new one. Just another old style they put in.
    • Like x 1
  8. EP Ice Loyal Player

Ahh, thanks because I wasn't sure if there was one or not.
  9. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I'm not overly concerned, I just made an observation that in all the runs I've done, these drops have a very low drop rate.

or i just have incredibly low luck when it comes to this particular content.
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

AOJ definitely felt way more stingy with the good stuff than AF3 was. Purple gear, op collections...
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I think their reasoning was how they changed TC gear and how originally the vendor gear was supposed to cost way more.

In any case, just use the green vault gear/TC gear until you buy the vendor. The style is at least an early easy style to acquire, unlike the Gorgon style from AF3.
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i got more purple from running the dailies and the alerts over the raids.

back pieces are rare.
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea but surely anyone at T8/T9 has that style by now so it wouldnt really be a 'new' style / feat to chase after :p
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

I guess im lucky. Ive received the full purple paramilitary set on all 5 of my toons. My atomic toon has gotten 8 back pieces over the course of this dlc. The purple drops dont seem rare to me at all. I got a purple wpn box the 1st day on my main too. I just got purple legs on my main today. My toons are all vendor gear tho.

But this episode has been out almost 15 weeks now. With multiple bonus weekends for marks. Maybe its just me but i find it a little odd to be worrying about this purple gear 6 days from a new episode that has better gear. Plus the blackhawk gear has been there this entire time. That is the gear people should have been working towards.

Im pretty sure the full set of TC gear gets ya to 197 too. Which is the cr requirement for ep29. And the TC gear is very cheap atm compared to what it usually goes for. I just bought the helm, chest, and back on my munitions toons to finish the style and i paid only 2 mil each. The rest of the suit is a lot cheaper. So that option is there too. And like someone said already, the style feat for the paramilitary gear is very old.
    • Like x 1