AoJ Content Participation on Villain US

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Jelly Bean, Jun 27, 2017.

1. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

For all those on the villain side, I feel really sad when we try to use lfg, leagues, friends, even heroes to try and queue up the new content. I say this because even on day one of SoJ, it was pulling teeth just to get a group together. And now, the only way to get a group is to queue it up and hope it pops like if it was a t4 raid. I really thought that for the first few weeks or hell, the first few days, would be easy to form groups because it's new content for sakes! but nope, the people wanting to run the stuff as severely decreased to where it's no fun at all.

As in a thread crafted by Bumbling B I read earlier today, there are many cascading/compound reasons as to why this is. Here are a few of mine:

1. Lack of content. This is supposedly a "large" content dlc release designed for almost a year with inflated costs everywhere. Let me put that into perspective for you. Smallest to largest: Monthly < Events < Quarterly < Large. When in reality it is: Monthly < Large < Events < Quarterly. There is a significant difference to what you think the term "large" means. Large is a term when there is lots of stuff to do and will keep us busy for months with no artificial inflation. There are multiple dailies, weekly's, bounties, solos, duos!, alerts, and raids >2. (This elite crap does not factor in as content) (Or this event crap you started, it's not permanent content). And what was this I saw about taking dailies and weeklies away after AoJ released? That's called an "Extra small large content release". What a horrible joke.

2. Cr differential. Oh boy.... I just want to strangle the person who came up with this idea. This makes content so easy to blast thru I can be 90% asleep playin and still not die and bear it no problem. Even my group falls asleep during the cinematics and the boring mechanics and that says a lot! Some went in as 192 and cleared both raids in 20min flat. I remember back in early t6 that you "needed" gear and mods just to beat the bosses let alone the raid.

3. Artificial inflation. The number of exobytes needed, vendor costs, crafting materials, need to go back to the basics. I mean wth!?! What happened to that precious focusing element, the 10 simples, the 12 bytes, the standardized vendor costs where a weapon was 70 marks of whatever. Pathetic.

4. Unnecessary Collections. I can't count but my feat list is full of "collect this several times over" and I'm like "tf is this crap every time". You wonder why the game crashes? Too many collections every 'Large'. Gawd.

5. Unbalanced Powers. Only a few of each role can actually play the game. Powers I don't see are quantum, fire, atomic, electric, nature, celestial, rage, hardlight, because all I see are earth, sorcery, mental, ice, and gadgets. So this just drove away sooooooo many players. Need I say more.

6. Lack of mechanics. I remember when an alert was a pita to beat and had fun attempting to beat it. Last boss security breach rings a bell. We had 1. Nullifier, 2. 35% boss special, 3. Recharge and keep near boss for nullifier, 4. AoE pulls to avoid, 5. Boss skulls to block on. Now compare to new alerts such as saving justice. 1. Flame damage, 2. Ads with reapawn easily defeatable. I mean if you even wipe in there then I quit this game.

So I want to be objective here but I can't. My friends list is like non-existent, leagues are either dead or are crazy drama filled and full of nuts, queues rarely pop, and lfg is dead. Call this a "perception" thread but this is based on my facts of my gameplay and I wonder how this game is even kicking to this very day. Cause as a villain, I'm ready to play another game if this ain't fixed to how it's dipped to be before daybreak took over.
    • Like x 4
  2. mexmex Dedicated Player

Agree, but unfortunately there is huge amount of players that only want this super easy almost dumb content, as a result of all this, this is the game we have ATM, and yes more and more people is passing on this DLC, few are willing to do the grind for vendor gear. What the devs seems to forget in the equation is adding a fun factor into the grind, it is just to boring, the content is shallow at best.
    And on top of all this, the players at end content are getting worst and worst
    Just yesterday I was in queue for over 35 minutes for UT alert (hero side) finally I got in with and alt I am leveling up, 168cr lol and got paired with 3 more above 198cr, I was super happy to get a fast loot But after 3 attempts we couldn't make it pass the first boss.
    Round two another 30 minutes and got in with high cr in the mix, one was tanking w 199 cr clueless were to tank, failed again.
    Round 3: 45 minutes in queue I got in w a group of 2 168 cr one 172 all DPS and a healer 195 cr and we make it, sure it took a while, but we didn't wipe not once. At the end I asked them and, all were alts they said they doing alts instead of main since they are bored w the new content. So after 2 weeks people are fed up of the latest content and tired of the super grindy non sense we have, I haven't stepped a foot on the villians my main villian is there getting dust at 188cr and there shall remain as it is lol.
    I would prefer to struggle to beat an alert or a raid to get my gear instead of hours of boring grind
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Actually, biggest reason: 1. No one wants to play on villain side because we know it's practically dead. I really wish they'd just make a serverwide que or something.
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

Villain side is really sad. There are barely groups forming for raids and every day that i run the alerts, is via On Duty Q while i do the dailys.
    Paradox Bounty? Theres barely people in Area 51, so is either solo it, wait for some villains to respond, or wait for a group of heroes to show up to sneak in there.

And the biggest disapointment in this DLC: Warn Torn Village.
    Missed a Huge oportunity for some kind of villanous action: Capture and Interrogate Allies. Set things on fire. Set mine fields. Attack Blackhawks. Etc...that kind of stuff... but no. Villains had to get to do the same things as heroes. Such a disapointment.

No wonder why no one likes to make villains. Why bother if youre gonna be doing the same things you do as a hero.
    • Like x 3
  5. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

One thing that's also very ironic is, they made the village quest giver area huge so it could accommodate the crowd. Every time I go in there, it's emptier than a hole in space. The only time it's crowded is the weekly bounty reset, that's all. The other 166 hours of the week is just empty.
    • Like x 1
  6. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

villain side generally have a lower population since day 1... so it's not surprise that it even have lower population now since the overall population has dropped... at least it's not as dead as PvP...
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Wait, I thought the villains were thriving according to a few people on the forums? They also said LFG activity would pick up when the dlc released, but it didn't???

Sometimes I hate being right :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  8. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I thought we were all heroes?
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Plus in terms of content there's hardly any reason to be a villain anymore. You just don't feel like a villain anymore.
  10. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Wait a second, there is a villain side to this game?
    • Like x 1
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

There was but that Amanda Waller...
  12. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

You just said everything that runs through my mind without the 500 feelings attached to it lol. It really is sad to see the game in this state even with the release of a new DLC. I have to be honest, I started to attempt this DLC when it dropped, but in the first few days to a week it felt too much like AF3 insanity all over again...That isn't appealing to me at all. I don't want to spam the same raid 14 times for 1 lonely piece of gear, and then have to do it all over again for the next lonely piece of gear. I did it with AF3 because I was horrified at getting behind since we had no clue how long it would last when it released. It caused a massive burnout and resulted in a few months break for me. As soon as I saw this DLC looking the same way I didn't even care anymore about "getting behind" it was just like "naaaa I'm good" this time..

It's sad this is the mindset that the current state of the game has put a lot of the players in. Villain side is especially bad. :( Leagues on the villain side look like they are all starving for "active" members, and LFG is still predominately dead. Friends List is so slim for people online it's unreal.

I can't even bring myself to log in and do my daily stuff anymore. I haven't locked raids in 2-3 weeks. I haven't ran alerts in equally as long. In the last week+ I haven't even done daily missions. I have put all my energy into working on stats revamp and that's about it for me. I guess I have the mentality that I want stats revamp to come out flawless so if I can ever find a reason to come back and play full-time again that at least it won't be broken.

You're spot on about content and the lack of mechanics. As a main healer I can even nap during the raids unless I have one stray dps who has a death wish standing in stuff he shouldn't or running ahead of the tank. Usually let them die anyways to teach them a lesson so I guess you could say either way I'll nap and we'll still be fine.

Overall the game is lacking so much luster now to even make it appealing anymore. This game use to be that one you could never let go of. You may take a break and go play something else for a little while, but DC would always creep into your mind when you least expected it. You would then log in and instantly be greeted by so many tells from friends and "WB" in league chat, running content to catch up but it was FUN! Instantly you were sucked back in by the way DC felt. Now it isn't like that, and that's a sad day for this game and for me. :(

Well worded post, I really hope it gets through some of the thick heads that really need to see it!
    • Like x 5
  13. Shelly Active Player

Due to low population too bad Dev's cant make LFG cross play. Level my villain Korlick i'll raid with you:)
    • Like x 1
  14. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

With how low stuff is, they might as well as cross both factions together so stuff actually gets done. And I'm tired of Amanda Waller talking over the npc as well.
    • Like x 3
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I think styles also played a Factor in to AOJ's stuff as well, There was virtually nothing I wanted that appealed to me cosmetic wise.

And If I don't see an appeal with the cosmetics(which are a big thing for me) then that's gonna discourage me from running the content more often.

Seriously hope September's stuff has some goodies.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Ah-ah-AH! Careful!
    [IMG]
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If Waller actually did pull the trigger on the collar around your neck, my toon would have had her head blown off off numerous times already, walked out on so many suicide squad groups lol.
  18. JasonIsley Devoted Player

There's plenty of room hero side. Just saying we're pretty much playing the same content with the same as...
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

While I agree it was a shock the first time I hit the War Torn Village and found Villains standing next to me talking to the exact same contact for solo outdoor missions.. think about it for a second... The whole place is supposedly set in WW II . During that conflict even members of the Mafia in the USA were setting aside their normal criminal activities to join the Military and stop Hitler. here is the US we were sticking anyone that even looked Japanese in interment camps after Pearl Harbor and yet many Japanese-American Males were enlisting and fought in Europe.

Most of the comic books that were even being published back in those days spent a vast majority of their time battling along side the military to end the war. If we expand out view beyond just DC comics.. and head over to what is now Marvel.. Captain America was basically created to battle against the Axis powers. His main VILLAIN was RED SKULL.

I'm sort of wondering when the Devs will just cave in and, as mentioned, allow us to openly recruit on the LFG to have teams that include heroes and Villains. Blind que for anything from a duo to a raid and you can join up heroes and villains but if you try to BUILD a team the option does not exist? Go back to the war Torn Village and what two missions pay out the most war bonds? The weekly 411 and the 4 bounties. But since Heroes and Villains can't just invite one another to do any mission .. if you are the ONLY villain in zone at a particular time there could be a 411 team with 7 heroes quickly zipping through 411 Savage troops while your lone villain may have to devote half an hour to soling that many.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

How do you know that wasn't her intention all along! You walking out could have failed the group and she may be benefitting from it in the grand scheme.

Food for thought!