Anyone think we should end factions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lukelucky, Jun 9, 2018.

1. lukelucky Devoted Player

Villains have it ruff filling groups and our population is um less then it could be so what do u think?

I know we have some die hard who cringe at the idea but seriously would this help and do u like the idea
    • Like x 2
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just when Calc is organizing a Coup to return Villains to our Villainous ways? :eek:

We do have the "Sue Sidle Squirts" and "Task Force Next" for the slow days
    • Like x 1
  3. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I mean, we get cross faction for the content, the bosses are the same..(outside a couple instances)...just get rid of factions.
    • Like x 1
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Get rid of the Heroes, they don't do anything anyway!!!
    • Like x 2
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

At least make faction / mentor change tokens and make all content crossfaction.
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I think the devs are working on making everything cross faction as far as instances goes. Well...... The last time I looked it was a go anyway.
  7. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Yes and no. I think it would defintely help with the population issues but would hate it for those who love being villains. I know I've always wanted to go villain but the long ques deter me.
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Villains are superior to heroes in every way. Aint no way in hell Im joining those one wipe, leave instance washouts. No thanks.
    • Like x 4
  9. lukelucky Devoted Player

In prime when it was newish I was a hero. 1350 something vit. Was maxed out. Skill points filled, I was headlight for the plus ten vit had both vit affinity slots on my gold rings and yes the prime helm.

Myself and another troll struggled with power due to all that clipping back then. Both were accomplished trolls but those groups sometimes ran 3 trolls

Villains side I had very low 1200s. Zero issue zero bellyaching and it was a smooth beating we gave brainiac

I Know your points valid and has been but for u guys low population it would be nice getting all the extra players in lfg no
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Not at the cost of "turning hero". No thanks.
    • Like x 1
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

not necessary: just fuse the LFG and make it possible to form groups and speak with eachother... problem solved IMO
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Helped a friend with a TTBE run last night, got in, looked at the scoreboard they been in there for 2 and a half hours and haven't even gotten past aquaman. I was wondering what the problem could possibly be, and then I saw the red collar around my toons neck...
    • Like x 3
  13. Starblast Well-Known Player

i do think combining lfg for content across factions is fine but it wouldn't work on all. several bounties are different. i also don't think you can do cross faction operations like in Hand of Fate. of course a majority of the stuff is the same. although the operations in war of light are cross faction i think so I dunno.
  14. Shredded Anarchy New Player

I dont think so, If you where to merge us with all the little.. p... Zero's I mean Hero's... Im sure you would lose tons of population compared to merging the factions... you see this is what they need to do to Save the game plain and simple.. You have US and you have EU servers as is right now Daybreak has to release for US and EU thats nearly twice the work, then Xbox aswell thats even more work... If you MERGE THEM you got less work, MASSIVE population for both Factions wich in return of large amounts of people its going to bring back the players who left because of the low population in the first place, If anything should be merged thats what should be merged, Hero/Villians living together is the worse thing, I could name atleast 50 people that would probably get banned on the first day if that where to happen haha..

15. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Just join Blames the Lag. I always need people to carry me. :)
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yeah, if you try to force me to be a hero...forget it. I'm done. It bristles me enough that the storylines have been nigh identical for years, but if I have to listen to Superman prattle on about things...yeah. Oracle can blow me. I'm in one of the few remaining beta-formed villain side leagues. I can't imagine many of us would make the switch, either.
    • Like x 2
  17. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Conversion Option would be nice. And open communications ...
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Maybe you are running with the wrong Heroes? Also you are not taking into account the fact there are like 10x more heroes at any given time...your chances of running into bad players goes up just by the law of averages. I've gotten into plenty of Villain runs where people don't know what they are doing or act like a-holes, quit, talk incessant BS, don't know their role, so it's not a Hero exclusive trait. I'd say it's more of a queuing up situation and it's easier to queue into things on Hero side. The nature of the Villain side where there are fewer people kind of forces you to run with friends and league more, which (I'm hoping) would consist of less random jerks/poor players.

Why not just add the ability to group up cross-faction(pre instance)? I'll get my Villain into a hero run if I can't get into a group on the Villain side by leaving out of the group on hero, then having a friend invite my villain, but that only works if the rest of the group feels like waiting and reopening instance. Most of the time that works....sometimes it does not. Also, as of now, not all content is available for cross-faction (although it is coming).

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but they didn't 'wipe once and leave instance'....heh?

I actually miss running things on Villains....my villain was becoming my main a few years back, but everyone I ran with has left the game...I end up with maybe 1 friend on line on that side and that will inevitably be someone I added forever ago who was not really a running buddy just a random 'hey add me' person. I still get on that toon a few times a week, but get frustrated after a 30-40 min queue still won't pop for something that would pop or I could get a group together in 15 min on Hero side. Thank god I finally got the seeds and unpaid feats done a few years ago....those were nuts to get into even then, I can't imagine them now.

Reinheld
  20. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Add a third...a place where Mercs get work and paid...where Noble Cursed brood and plot against the Dark Forces trapping to destroy them...where weapon masters sell the latest super gear...to Batman to Booster Gold to Bane...whoever has cash...no questions asked
    there should start to be fluid morality in missions...and a plus minus morality scale...good guys like Batman fill jails and Arkham...Vigilantes like The Hood simply kill evildoers and Assassins like Deathstroke only kill their targets...supervillains gladly kill most anyone...start putting morality choices in missions...the more you try to only "knock out" villains and support the official police/hero system the more Heroic you are...the more bodies you leave behind the more Merc/Vigilante/third way you go...until all you do is kill everything ...keeping eyes in your back for all the inevitable backstab and revenge attacks piling up... all the while trying to get more powerful to stay alive for the next inevitable life or death fight...like any other supervillain...