Anyone ever saw this promotion?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Aug 7, 2022.

1. STsource Well-Known Player

I was pretty taken back how colourful the game looked

2. BumblingB I got better.

You know that was not actual gameplay, right? Also, the textures and animation looks terrible.

I've seen early alpha gameplay they did and tbh, wasn't as good as what we have now. I do wish they didn't go with the trinity and stuck with the attack/defense stances. Would have better lore relation to powers.
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

Ha, yeah. The early/alpha gameplay is ROUGH.

• Like x 2
  4. Eve YouTuber

Oh god.
  5. Chewsy Well-Known Player

Wait, this actually looks really good for an alpha build. There's some stuff in here that I wish we had nowadays to be honest. I like the idea of being able to choose where your power comes from (although just "head" is really silly). It looks like that got replaced with the weapon system later in development. Also, the character portrait icons that generate images of your toon are pretty cool. This demo also makes me miss old school PvP even more....Also, can we talk about how all these years later and all those sounds and music are still being recycled from all the way back then? Really wish they would revisit the soundscape of this game sometimes....
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Also... from a lot of what I've seen of the original style they were gonna go with in that unused content thread.... it's a very good thing we didn't get that version of the game, just style wise. Because... my god.... it's creepy AF. Especially that old Joker model. Like... that character is intentionally supposed to be creepy and freaky and all, but.... that old model is.... a bit much. *Shudder*
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, very, but I do wish we kept a few elements that were in that version.
    • Like x 2