Anybody Else Constantly Refreshing the App Store?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Nov 5, 2013.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I want my Official DCUO App and I want it now! :p
    • Like x 8
  2. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Yep. I even tweeted to find out the official name so I can search for it....

It's DCUO Mobile Mainframe BTW. LOL
    • Like x 4
  3. Poo New Player

Do we know what the app does?
  4. Welcome2TheNhk New Player

I honestly thought that apps for games were kinda moronic, But i must say that my Final Fantasy XIV ARR one is pretty bad *** and have used countless of times.

So +1 to you Sir, Even if i wouldn't use it.
  5. Captain Just New Player

For iPhones only?
  6. Abstrakt Loyal Player

OOOOOH DCUO Mobile Mainframe nice ive constantly check app stores twitter and everywhere else i can think of.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It will be for iphone and android, but it is not releasing today. We don't know the exact date it will be in the stores, but probably next week.
    • Like x 9
  8. Savage Mind Committed Player

What does the app do?
  9. LL New Player

Sony Online also plans to launch a DCUO Companion App in the coming months. What's the advantage to checking in with a smartphone?

"DC Universe Online" has always taken the approach of trying to allow players to access the game remotely in different ways. In fact, we had a partnership early on with Vivox, and we had a lot of intention of -- the in-game voice chat had a lot of features that were really appealing to us where you could use your phone to call in to the in-game chat and talk to your league. None of those features ever came to fruition, but the reason I mention it is because it's something that's always been interesting to us that we've been wanting to do.

To have a central hub where people can get in touch not only with our social media -- we have so many different channels: the forums, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube -- these all get centralized down so people can have one-stop shopping for all that information. We think it's important to be able to touch base and see what's going on in-game. If you're riding on the bus, you can check what your character's stats were after putting on that item last night. We want you to be able to go to the site and look and manage your character; maybe manage your evening to see what you're going to go for that evening when the raids unlock; or on the weekends when you jump on with your league mates. You'll be able to instantly see all the various social channels and links will be there for YouTube and Facebook and all that.

We also have a section for guides, so you'll be able to look at different pieces of equipment, see the stats and information about them. Let's say you really felt like after your last play session, you wanted a new kind of Utility Belt. You're going to be able to go onto the companion app while you're waiting for your food at the restaurant and check out the various Utility Belts that are out there, maybe even find out where you can get those things by visiting the forums and asking questions there.

SOE has had some really great success with [a mobile app] through "Planetside 2," and we're using the same developers that produced that app to do the "DCUO" app. They had a really great leg up on how SOE does things and what it means to have a companion app in this type of free-to-play game with this type of community and they've really perfected that with the "DCUO" app.

You can also search for players and see information about other characters' stats, which you can only really do in-game by inspecting someone. You'll be able to do that in the companion app remotely, which is really exciting.

Sorry forgot to put where I got that...http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48902
    • Like x 1
  10. jflusson Well-Known Player

GamesBeat: Along with update 31, you’re also releasing a companion app. What can players use it for?
    Andersen: The DCUO companion app can access the social media forums, guides, and information from the game’s database remotely. You can check on your characters, see what items they have equipped, check story progress and see what friends are doing/wearing. Players might also get some ideas on where they want to take their characters and events they want to participate in.
    You’ll also be able to see the loot, items, and rewards available in the game and look them up in the data base. It’s also a central hub for accessing all our social media. You’ll be able to check out all the things the community is offering and keep track of game news in one place.
    • Like x 1
  11. Radium Devoted Player

One question, paid or free app?
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The app will allow you to view your characters' gear and information, view items found throughout the game, use league voice chat from afar, and will eventually (not at launch) host video guides to the game.
    • Like x 8
  13. Caligulus Committed Player

14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Someone in my league said today that it was confirmed that GU31 was coming 11th of November and that the app was confirmed as coming out today. I call shenanigans on said leaguemate!
    • Like x 2
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The app is free.
    • Like x 14
  16. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

It was mentioned in the article that the official Twitter referred to: http://t.co/5q0rjW6rZa (scroll down, last sentence)

Edit, they changed it from "today" to "week of Nov 5" now...
    • Like x 1
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I don't trust anything that third party websites write about this game, the dates are almost always incorrect, especially considering Mepps literally just told us that they haven't set a date for the app yet. I thought the leaguemate meant that it had been confirmed by someone in an official capacity.

I mean just look at the very first picture in the article. Underneath it states "Players on the street in Gotham City in DC Universe Online" when clearly it's Metropolis.
  18. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Ah well, thanks for the update, Mepps!
  19. BumblingB I got better.

The voice chat thing will be actually beneficial for the people who have a phone and don't have a mic. :O
  20. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Spytle tweeted last night that it would be available today, but I guess plans fell through.

https://twitter.com/Spytle

C'est la vie.

In order to make up for it, I demand a screenshot of Mogo in the sky over Metropolis from DLC9. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2