Any tips from Legend Pros?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by xJenovax, Jan 15, 2014.

1. xJenovax Well-Known Player

I am gonna say I am a decent legend player but back in pre LastLaugh I would like to think I was pretty damn good (I used Batman Huntress Nightwing and TwoFace) Now I pretty much can only use Steel decently.

Any pros that would like to help a long time player who has taken a year and half break and come back to twilight zone? Now players are lunging, blockbreaking,using 1-2 moves that cause knockdown and also block all in one animation. I tend to shy away from lunging with Steel I feel like my opponent is just melting me like butter and even some Jokers or any char for that matter that don't block I unleash hell and it feels like I am doing no dmg to them. I guess I just need a few tips or discussion on helping on possible improvement.

Thanks in advanced.
  2. Redscreen5 New Player

I'd wait for update because the mechanics are laggy and broken
    • Like x 3
  3. xJenovax Well-Known Player

You're comment kinda puts me at ease. I thought it was just me not understanding PvP right now. I was under the impression that it was just the way PvP was now. I did feel it was laggy and somewhat broken but wasn't 100% sure so didn't wanna sound like I was just QQing, but asking on tips how to adapt to the way it is now.
  4. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I'd be willing to help you out, just fire any questions my way.
  5. Aly Crime New Player

• Like x 1
  6. xJenovax Well-Known Player

For starters I use Steel ( i want to go back to classic Batman but it feels like he's so weak so if any ways to make him do dmg I'm all ears) sometimes I notice a EMP come out of enemies when I do the L2 X move (it's his lunge power move) Does that have any significance? Is his lunge move a execution 35%?
  7. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

As I'm a PC the L2 X move doesn't have a lot of significance to me but I'm going to assume you mean the fourth power on his loadout. This is just a basic single target move, there is no extra facets to this move. What it is useful for is clipping your holds as the animation isn't terribly long & it's certainly faster than his number one (though that has the benefit of being AoE).

With Steel the key to mastering him is as simple as making sure you always apply your DoTs when you have them up. For his mine, it's best to either pop your trinket when placing this or better yet wait until you breakout so you have CC immunity. For hammerang, make sure you land this on as many people as you can. Imagine the area this hits as an ice cream cone, the further away it is from you the larger area it hits. If you throw this from a decent range into a group of people you're likely to hit most if not all of them. Same thing for mine, try to stack this on as many people as possible to make the most out of your damage. Also remember mine's dot lasts about 11 seconds, try your best to re-apply the dot near the end of the duration for maximum power efficiency.

With the shield, this is often best used when you've been countered. This is the time most players will try to burst you down with all they have, the shield will take it's maximum damage cap instead of being stripped due to the amount of hits.
  8. Foe Evah New Player

You shouldn't shy away from lunging with Steel. I advise you to do a couple of matches with Harley, get used to that hammer and the fact that you can't really depend on flying or shielding, get somewhat comfortable with her. Don't worry too much about damage performance, but see how you're fairing countering your opponents.

After that, switch back to Steel.

Try this objective for when you play Harley AND Steel: counter first, damage after counter. You'll (hopefully) notice improvements on damage.

What was mentioned on posts #2 & #4 are unavoidable, but I believe the above will help make it a more bearable and fun experience. :)

Now, I'll let the pros take the floor :p this was more of a User-eXperience tip.
  9. Eminence Dedicated Player

Applying his dots are fairly easy, clutch pretty much gave you as much advice as anyone could give.

The two handed is a deadly weapon if used right. My goto combo is the second hold, I never go thru with the third hold unless I have a blue. Its rare that I see people blocking before my first lung, its always the second. So I switch it up, throw a BB after the first lung or hit a power after the first lung animation, make it seem like I went thru with the second hold. Most people know the difference between the holds and taps by now, so you can bait blocks by lunging once.You never want to be countered with steel, without a trinket off cd, you can lose half your health by giving up one counter against a decent player.
  10. Talve Dedicated Player

Dot.
    Dot.
    tap tap tap tap
    win , profit.
  11. RageQQ New Player

^^ see its that easy with steel.

Put it this way for me, Legends in its current form if you use Steel, Two Face and spam the same boring combos over and over as a Lantern then in my eyes you are a FOTM player that relies on easy mode for wins. I refuse to use these toons, and when I lose to them versus lights up and mocks the losing team. But as soon as I pull out the cheese OMG I still get ripped in versus. You cant win.

Most of the legends players currently are whiners. No humility just want to mock you with OP toons. Then cry afoul if you whoop their behinds with weak and OP toons like like that raging hero league that cries all the time.

Not saying that about you OP good luck out there, but its a current problem in the game. There is ZERO skill in legends right now, and if you watch any of the FNL legends tournaments you can see the same rubbish pop up.

Legends USED to be balanced and fun, not for a while now has it been remotely balanced and fair.
  12. RakkatyTam Active Player

You said you've been gone for awhile so I don't know if you know yet, but they gave classic Batman smoke bomb so if he is your favorite there's a nice plus.
  13. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I do agree that skill is slowly becoming less of a factor, we're slowly seeing more legends have ways to avoid using the counter system (*cough* steel and two face) which means that as long as a player knows to simply tap and use power damage they can beat someone who's much better at the counter system.

People have tried arguing with me that I just can't see the devs greater vision for legends balance, I argue that they recently nerfed Sinestro (who even at his old #2 status would be weaker than Two-Face right now) and they nerfed Bizarro by putting his health down (and he was weaker than Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Steel and would be weaker than Two-Face now) yet they buff Two-Face to be stronger than what they were pre-nerf. THIS is what confuses me and makes me doubt they have some bigger plan.
    • Like x 2
  14. Yallander Loyal Player

The only thing I can think of tbh is it is how they "influence" players into using a different FOTM. Outside of that all I can fathom is madness.

Arenas has also been suffering from a lack of counter mechanics for some time now, glad (/sarcasm) to see Legends finally catching up.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  15. RageQQ New Player

Look I may have said things that dismissed what you said in previous threads so don't take it personal, I am just never a fan of the ego talking to me when I would rather talk to the person. So I like this post its very down to earth. Kudos.

I find the problem more so, it becomes a kick in the teeth when the players just spam these toons for free marks and not actually caring about the integrity of the game. Legends was more prized over arena. I doubt that very much at the moment. Hey I could create a conspiracy thread along the lines of - The devs buff these toons to get more people into legends because its a new season and there are free easy wins IF you pick these toons. Not saying I lose often to them, I pre made and pug, but the pugs suffer the most in this "balance"

Keep fighting the good fight its what I applaud you for. Ive tried it in the past, but falls on deaf ears, hell I am doing it right now with my buff superman thread (and I hate supes big time)
  16. Yallander Loyal Player

Why can't it just be about playing a character I like and not about playing the OP FOTM iWin character of the month?
  17. RageQQ New Player

It wouldn't be fair to let people "play their own way" in legends, considering the rest of the game hasn't worked like that in a while.
  18. xJenovax Well-Known Player

I would love to go back to using Batman but that smoke bomb is hard to land! Lol! I will try to practice with classic Batman he was my original legend that I used for a very long time. I jus never really did anything past elbow drop with him. Any tips for Batman Clutch or any other experienced Batman users? BeastieMorph? Saw you run him the other night and wasn't bad with him.
  19. xJenovax Well-Known Player

Hey Eminence, not sure if you remember me. I was in Exclusive when Worbeasts Ravaged league fused up. I was the bug/nature healer would do duels in bug form. I can't remember if I played with you or not. I remember you but I know I was mostly playing with Jaye Xtremechaos Purple Worbeast than went with Symbolic in his Archenemy or Dejavu whatever they kept changing names. Than I left and see him in OP now, I miss playing villian.
  20. Yallander Loyal Player

Change targets 1/2 way through (or target a pet while doing the combo.) Even if you get countered it still does decent damage in an AOE. Unfortunately his BB isn't as easy to transition to as say a Huntress, Sinestro or Amon Sur.

Good tactic to use with Batman is to work those CC's--sticky bomb is your bread and butter. His leap attack is great to clip with on single target or his AOE kb for group play. Always good to clip 4 into 6 then a trinket to cut the pet summon animation short. Unlike the OP characters you will be using weapon attacks for most of your damage.

His pet gives POT, which is nice and increases crit chance a bit. His stealth attack is okay as a filler, however I find it missing sometimes or only doing less than stellar damage.

I'm sure Clutch has some more detailed breakdowns, but I find Batman to be more of a constant pressure and bait type of character.