Any signs of REAL improvements?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LucidityKJ, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Not him Well-Known Player

they're adding another batch of boxes behind a paywall for keys and a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge loot table plenty of randomly generated duplicates.Probably they have bigger plans for 2017 season as booster scam boxes aren't selling anymore
  2. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

Wow... 4 pages and maybe 10% of you even get the point of what I'm saying about the PS3.

I understand that the PS3 can not handle this game properly. I understand why. I understand this. Let's stop pretending I don't.

What I do not understand, however, is how they can continue to tell people who have a PS3 that they can play the game, when, in reality, it's garbage on that system.

Somebody back a few pages said "Imagine trying to play WoW on the computer you played it on when it was released," or something to that affect. Well, guess what... that's why Blizzard updates their performance specifications, because they know the older computer cannot handle it, so they tell players before they even download it "hey, if your computer isn't at least this, this game might not run properly." In this situation, DBG is telling people, "Yeah, spend your money to play on the PS3!" Which, to me, is garbage. Don't sell your game for platforms that can no longer support it. Period.
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I think the matchmaking system is decent. When I queue for raids I get all the necessary roles.
  4. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

To those who say the matchmaking system isn't broken and to just turn role optional off in alerts, guess what?

Working on my alt. CR 63 Controller. I get thrown into group with a 175 DPS, 74 DPS, and 68 DPS. Tell me that's not broken.
  5. Darklord Kitty Well-Known Player

I started on the PS3 and then quit and switched to PC in about an year because I had the foresight to understand the limitations of any hardware. I have never frozen even since switching to a different platform.
  6. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

STILL not getting the point.

They sell a game that they claim will run on PS3

It runs like **** on PS3

Every other thing aside, does nobody see the problem here? FFS.

The very least they could do is start doing character transfers, even for money. Putting aside the fact that I'd rather go back to not playing the game than to lose everything, there's also the fact that DBG has other great games. BUT GET THIS! If you buy All-Access for DBG, it's only for PC games. SO, simply because I signed up for Playstation before DBG came in, now I would have to pay twice as much to play EQ2 and DCUO than a PC player would have to.

Seriously, do character transfers from PS to PC, since you're clearly still letting people get swindled by telling us your game plays on PS3 when it, in fact, does not.

Fairly certain that's not even legal actually...
  7. inferno Loyal Player

1 month? I'd say just leave. Your friend wasted his money since the devs opened up all content for everyone to enjoy from july 21 to aug 21.
    Your complaints against the game on ps3 will never be resolved.
    And the DEVS more than acknowledge your other concerns; there are other threads and streams you can look for more information.
  8. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Lot of players keep playing n PS3 dude is not that easy you know...
    Everyone is complaining about graphics, animations... and devs are working on that but you cant pretend to play it on such an old console, i know not everyone can afford a ps4, but thats how this game or any other mmorpg works.
  9. iClip Committed Player

Answer to 3: BECAUSE YOU HAVE A 10 YEAR OLD CONSOLE!!!!!!! Hell, my phone has more performance than the PS3.
  10. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

But it does run on PS3. Last I heard the PS3 population is still larger than the PS4 population as far as DCUO accounts go.

they say the game runs on PS3. They don't say it runs well. But it's clearly not unplayable because tons of people log on and play it every day.

I don't think you'd find anybody at daybreak who would tell you that it runs as well on PS3 as it does on PS4, but that kind of goes without saying, doesn't it?
  11. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

You lost me at 'Ps3'
  12. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

Got any numbers on the population?
  13. JeffEllis Committed Player

1. There is an option for role optional. Don't select it and you'll get the traditional group build of 1-1-1-1.
    2. It's better than many MMOs there is at least a choice and sometimes it's a mark so that's good.
    3. You're playing on a system that is literally ten years old. In the electronics world that's been out of date a long time. I suspect DCUO will continue to support it until it stops making them money but really, ten years? If I had a ten year old computer and asked an MMO company to support it they would laugh at me.
  14. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

The difference is they are still there even if he leaves after a long time....he doesn't have to start over...And think about the reason he gave why he isn't come back you know those issues people are currently complaining and leaving the game over....
    • Like x 1
  15. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Lol he lost you at PS3 but when you read it the OP post it was mention near the end of his statement...so the question is before you got lost where were you?
  16. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

It blows my mind that SO MANY PEOPLE still don't get the point...

The point isn't that it doesn't run on a PS3 like it should. The point is that they sell the game for a console that it can't run well on.

I just... how hard is it to understand this? My complaint isn't that the "10-year old console" doesn't play the game properly. My complaint is that they shouldn't/can't say that it runs on PS3 when it's poor, to say the least.