Any plans to make original Metro/Gotham relevant again

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, May 10, 2021.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Sometimes im out there and I just get so many ideas how they could bring fun back to these huge open worlds that doesnt involve 1 to 30 and seasonals basically. There's so much potential. Ill be out there and ill see a message saying Villains leading heroes or such in bounties. Empty diamond heists in gotham.

Idk. Itd just be cool if yall had some kind of permanent invasion thing. Have like a huge boss be roaming gotham and metro every week or month that everyone could go participate in regardless of level for some meaningful rewards?

Meh. Just sad all the wasted space in these two giant cities
    • Like x 6
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

It’s the playground for new players. I see low level players there all the time. It’s not a big wasted space, it just doesn’t have endgame content.

I’m not against developing something new there, but one thing this game really doesn’t need is a new big open world boss anywhere.

You touched on what would be part of a real solution - fixing PvP.
    • Like x 3
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

They experimented going back to it in t4 and 5 with operations and missions. And i disagree. There is a TON of empty real estate in these areas. They could add fun stuff to there. Things for all group levels. Im not talking about wonderverse style bounties. And if not an invasion of sorts then add any kind of mini game or activity out there again with meaningful rewards. The game felt so much more of a community in the beginning because they had stuff like that going on in the open worlds. It just gets old. New dlc. Stand in watchtower. Do some open world dailys. Wait for Queues to pop. Repeat.

I enjoy the game still. I just think theres wasted potential just sitting there. Its fine if not everyone agrees. It is what it is. Maybe im just being nostalgic.
    • Like x 4
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

But most of that empty space is the buffer zones between conflict/mission areas in the 1 to 30 leveling missions. And except for the summer seasonal, most of that area gets used for seasonal open world mission spawns.

The only part of the game that has a large amount of open space that ISN'T utilized for anything (even seasonals) is the part of South Gotham that isn't used for Battle for Earth. And while it's a sizeable chunk of real estate, it's pretty small in comparison to the rest of Gotham and heavily bottled.

And nawanda has a point, it's the new player's playground. Throw in endgame stuff and you either have a ton of newer players headed to respawn points should they wander a little too far from their mission area or you get a ton of lag and performance issues when endgame players start phase hopping and releasing the dogs of war against things like Wonderverse bounties. Not exactly the best of first impressions for new/newer players to the game.
    • Like x 3
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Id like to see gotham get a expansion for a new episode
    • Like x 2
  6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

It opens up space for a lot of performance issues, new players would have to deal with people phase hopping and full phases. Pretty much launch hamd of fate all again
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You guys are boring.

This game has been dealing with performance issues from day 1. And new players being at risk was never a concern when they put t4 and t5 adds out there. Just give a warning to players not to go in those zones. Or how bout actually showing on the mini map the recommended level of the zone like most mmos do...

There's way more unused space than what you stated.
    • Like x 4
  8. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

A while back I was thinking about a end game level Gotham and Metropolis, same layout, most of the same enemies, missions, etc. But everything level 300+ Completing missions provides the same base items, gear but scales, maybe some source marks.

You can even decide upon leaving your base where you want to go.. Gotham/Metro or (300CR/Future/etc)Gotham/Metro.

I thought that would be cool, but if it worked well, it would leave old Gotham/Metro pretty empty.. so I don't think that would ever happen.
    • Like x 1
  9. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I love this idea, It would be great to see some type of end game boss or missions to keep people busy when we accomplished our dailies
    • Like x 1
  10. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I would like to see Riddler Puzzles added in original gotham that require you to either type the answer or use a specific emote to unlock the solution & unlock some unique rewards
    • Like x 1
  11. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I've been wanting this for a while, just throw in some hard to solo bounties at random locations in both Gotham/Metropolis and put worthy rewards, it can be Icons like Gorilla Grodd and his humanites, Dr fate and the Vangaurds, etc.
    • Like x 1
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

And before anyone says “we have enough riddler” ill say, then choose to introduce Cluemaster instead ;)
  13. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I had hope that the 10 year celebration was gonna lead to a map they’ve been secretly working on for the last 5 years or something but nope, really at this point im just living from style to style and tbh those arent even that great anymore.

We need new animations or a new map, i know those are 2 completely separate worlds but truthfully its been too long since we’ve gotten anything beyond story content, which i don’t remember brainiac being in flashpoint so it kinda felt like a reason to reuse a environment .

I saw alot of hype on the news letter about a on announced feature. If its solo que walk ins and not something that is actually new to our characters and changes our gameplay im going to be disappointed. I probably have 1 or 2 DLC left until i step away, and i know I always crack jokes on people who threaten to quit, but this is my first and only time im going to say ill be soon to leave, chances are if this cycle continues one day ill just walk away and stop posting and youll all forget about me. There wont be a “ i quit thread” from me.

ive had a style bug posted on the forums thats 2 lead devs old that has got alot of community interest that i was told straight up they will not fix. Me being someone who at this point is only here for the styles because the gameplay sure has gone stale like 4 years ago am growing farther and farther away.. i am very, extremely disappointed in the progression of this game, because to me it seems it hasn’t progressed since water. While i was happy about the free gifts for the downtime that seems like a owner thing not a handout from the devs. Maybe ownership will turn the game around but chances are i wont be here for it.
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

In Metropolis the CAO Dam area in fact most of Midtown and especially the Metro U dorms area seems underutilized. Every time one of my toons would take the Booster Gold tour I would sigh cause it's a very nice place but too bad there's not much to do there. But other than the portal for the Oblivion Bar, the Parasite Villain missions and the Lexcellence night club not much else. Well at least they used some of it for the BOP open world. Also add a lot of Old Gotham that's either bottled by Brainiac or not or whatever not touched by Felix Faust's zombies. Another great area but at least they reused some of it for JLD.
    • Like x 2
  15. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I'm also hoping that we get new features added to the game that will benefit or change our characters for the good, I am still baffled how the NPCs in the game still looks better than our characters, the way they use their abilities, the they walk and stance animates compared to ours, is like night and day in a bad way too. After all these years I am still waiting on a proper 4 eye demon skin so my alt don't have to suffer looking like some cosplayer or something, I am also still waiting on new Iconic powers, and don't let me get started with PvP, as a member, I refuse to be ok with knowing that PvP is being ignored because it doesn't generate any type of income, there are many members who want to return to DCUO.

I just hope the wait won't be too long from now.
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've been called worse. :D

I look at it like this: endgame players have the ENTIRE game they can play on, especially with episodes now being open. 10 years of content, instances and open world areas to play in, including the launch game areas like Gotham and Metro. The new players? They've only got Gotham and Metro until they pass level 30.

To go with the playground theme, the new players are the little kids with that playground to have fun in/on. The big kids are the rest of us who have gotten past level 30. We can play in their playground, but basic etiquette says we play nice with the little kids, otherwise we're just the jerk big kids who ruin all the fun. If that means leaving those areas alone for them to use, I have no problem with it. The devs have shown they can rework parts of those cities for new content intended for higher CR/endgame players, and while not full cityscapes it's the best we can get right now.
    • Like x 1
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You keep ignoring the fact they have already put higher tier content in the original worlds and that there is massive amounts of unused real estate. We wouldn't be encroaching on anything. I know as a low level toon when im on an alt if i see an ad with a higher rating than mine not to attack it. Just agree to disagree i guess
    • Like x 2
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd be more inclined to agree if that trend had continued after Halls of Power 1. The couple of blocks in Metro used for some of that content was the last time I remember them putting some higher level stuff into the open world like that. Everything else since has been unused or repurposed sections of Gotham and Metro used in instance form. I'd be glad to be corrected, but I honestly can't think of any content higher than Halls of Power 1 to get open world placement.

Just as an aside, that spot in Metro hugs more than a few of the seasonal spawn points for open world seasonal missions, and all it takes is a wandering NPC or a player too focused on getting to a spawn and BLAMMO! :eek: Wouldn't be so bad if they weren't like raid-level NPCs. Even at the same CR those guys hit HARD. LOL

Getting back to things a bit, the lack of any further use of open world areas at the very least hints at the concept not working as well as some might think (performance issues, players not engaging in the content as much, what have you) OR there not being enough real estate to effectively and safely use for higher level players. It might even be a combination of both factors.

But yeah, I think we're just gonna keep disagreeing here. Just wanted to make this last point.
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

"instaban speed hackers", which would be step #1 to fixing PVP, then "fix PVP", which as near as I can tell basically just means let everyone do whatever, just remove the speed hackers.

City was always hopping when there was a fistfight yo.
  20. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

It's not about going in the zone and dying, it's about lag. When hand of fate launched it was a lag fiesta, because there were multiple players in the same spot, until they changed zoning and put bosses in-doors. Having people farm bounties in gotham/metro is much worse than they farming in Patchwork for example, because gotham/metro can handle more players, but not all in a single place. It would be like a dev invasion but the entire day
    • Like x 1