Any news on Black Friday/Cyber Monday Devs?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SteHyatt, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

And me too. I always dropped a ton on half off sales, now I just don't spend much on extras.
    • Like x 1
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Did I say anything about them clearing sales with me? I explained or tried to explain why DCUO sales & marketing schemes are not very good and how they could do better. I'll try to make my thinking a little clearer.

Here
    DCUO could do better by directing sales at all of it's customers like all good retailers do. Not just the smaller base that has to have everything now and people with a bit of extra cash at that point in time.

DCUO would do a lot better better with their sales if the sales were planned & advertised rather than using the Blue Light Special gimmick schemes. All these types of sales tactics do is take advantage of players that want everything now and players that have discretionary income ( fun money ) at that point in time. All the while losing out on the potential customers that need to save, on a budget or are caught in between paydays.

Now let me ask you this.

Would DCUO have more potential sales by having on the spot sales that are directed at smaller portion of its customer base?

OR

Would DCUO have more potential sales by having planned and advertised sales directed at all of its customers?

If you look at these retailers links below you will see what I am talking about.

https://www.walmart.com/cp/black-friday/1076614

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Friday/b?ie=UTF8&node=384082011

https://www.target.com/c/target-black-friday/-/N-5q0f2

https://www.homedepot.com/c/black_friday_savings

All of these retailers have weekly, monthly and planned seasonal sales that are advertised ahead of time. Giving all potential customers an opportunity to buy something at a discounted price not just a small portion.

Hopefully that clarifies what I was thinking and trying to say earlier.

I've saved hundreds because DCUO does not advertised ahead of time. I wonder how many other players have saved hundreds as well?

Just an example
    $100.00 x 1000 players = $100,000.00 in lost sales.
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

DCUO should make its own special sale day.

Super-hero Sunday
    • Like x 3
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah....your comparison holds no water for a very IMPORTANT reason. Those retailers (brick and more as well as online) are competing for the same customers. So it is imperative of them to get your attention as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, despite what most of you want to believe, DCUO has no direct competitor...therefore they are under ZERO obligation to advertise way in advance. Unless you know someplace else where you can buy replays for DCUO?!!?

It is their absolute policy to announce sales at THEIR discretion no matter how any of us might feel about that. Why would they want to give people a heads up on a sale when it could mean stopping people from spending for items at full price??? Come on, be realistic here.

Now if you've been playing longer than a year AND are capable of doing searches (either directly in the forums or through your favorite search engine) you can CLEARLY see what their usual patterns look like, and plan accordingly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TL;DR: Your argument is coming from a flawed position, and will in no way change their almost 8 year policy of announcing sales when they feel it's time to do so...which will ALWAYS be to their advantage. But if you like tilting at windmills, have at it.
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

One last thing (No one is gonna like this, but here it is): The more we moan and groan about sales and what we want or expect, the more they are likely to subvert our expectations (just on principle). Despite popular opinion, they don't owe us any sales...therefore they should be treated accordingly (as opposed to some absolute right). Whatever your general expectations are as a consumer need to be let go...since those "rules" rarely seem to apply around these parts. Take that with a grain of salt if you will.
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I could care less what DCUO has done for the past eight years. If they ( SOE )were doing so great SONY would have never have spun SOE off. It was not until after that sale and a new CEO brought in to fix DCUO that brought in the MANTRA "we're going to try new things" and they did. EXCEPT for one thing. Sales in general.

I remember a thread that I started and brought up more than one time about replays costs for instances costing too much. I made a point that DCUO would make more replay sales by lowering the costs to reset the instances. People argued against my point about replays for instances costing too much and said that it would never work and DCUO would never do it.

How many times have we had double marks triple marks or double / triple episode currency?

Like it or not or whether you understand it. Those double / triple loot weekends lowered the costs of resetting instances by making the instances not need to be ran as many times to collect the gear, styles, trinkets or hair we were after. And, I can guarantee you that they sold more replays by doing that.

You're the one that has a flawed understanding of what is being discussed. You obviously don't understand how you sell more buy selling for less.
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I don't need any salt. I just understand how to make sales because I've been doing it since the 80's.