Any news on Black Friday/Cyber Monday Devs?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SteHyatt, Nov 18, 2018.

1. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

As the title says . Also please add augment catalysts to the marketplace in time for sale too please
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

If there is a Black Friday/Cyber Monday, the sales won't be announced until Friday/Monday.

Also, do you mean Seawood/Lifeforce catalysts for the MP? I'm not sure if they would go that specific into that. Besides, the prices for Seawood is already dropping. Give it a week or two and you'll get the expensive catalysts for under 200k.
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

People aren't going to buy things that they know where sales coming they wait until the sale so you don't tell prior to
  4. L T Devoted Player

yeah they have a hard and fast policy on not commenting on any sales that might be forthcoming.

They've always had a black friday sale.

They've had a cyber Monday sale in recent years also.

But they've always had a summer sale, until summer of 2018. So you never know really.
    • Like x 1
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

This is very true. Hell, I haven't bought hardly anything from the marketplace for the last two months because I am waiting for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Some people like me only buy things when they are on sale. I pay for my sub and only buy extra when there is a sale. I save up for sales and would like to know but it's DCUOs' lose not mine.

I haven't bought anything since the Summer of Wonder Sale in 2017. I missed Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales last year.
    I figured 'no sweat", DCUO always has a 12 days of Christmas Sales & Summer Sales........ NOPE I've been waiting on sales that never materialized for close to a year.

IMO, DCUO fails miserably with sales & marketing. I know I've saved hundreds within the last year alone. :) people spend more money when they can save up for a sale. That's a fact.

How many more customers like me have also save hundreds of dollars over the last year because of DCUOs' lackluster sales & marketing technics?
  7. Plowed In Loyal Player

I dunno, but I do think there’s more impulse spenders vs. savers in the game. Most things purchaseable are pretty cheap, and patient isn’t a word I’d use to describe our community. ;)

You definitely get better value for your money, even when you buy the higher amount of DB cash. I don’t have data, but I’m willing to bet they sell a lot more of the $20 or $40 rather than the $80.
    • Like x 1
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That's true but............ a lot of people ( kids ) that are free and premium don't have that luxury. Why do you think the $1.00 TC's did & do so well and the MP items that are 10-20 dollars do not? The Marketing Dept could do better by all of it's customers and get more sales by having more frequent planned sales. Doing that would give the players that do not have the luxury of dropping 20-40 bucks at the drop of a hat a chance to save up 10-20 bucks to buy things on sale.

When I was a kid I saved my lunch money ( .25 -.50 cents a day ) so that I could go to the arcade, buy comics or some piece of clothing that I wanted and didn't need. The kids and adults that play this game can and will do the same thing when given the opportunity. 40 years later & I still save my lunch money to this day. xD

Trying to get people to get spend all of their lunch money with on the spot sales ( Blue Light Specials ) is a gimmick and never stands the test of time. K Mart & Sears employees can attest to that. Using these types of sales gimmicks only pulls in ones that have to eat the one piece of cake RIGHT NOW instead of getting the ones that are waiting to eat the whole cake and........... the ones that need it right now.

Like I said DCUO has saved me 100's of dollars over the last year because of their lackluster marketing and gimmick Blue Light Special sales tactics.
  9. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Not to encourage more long posts that no one really wants to wade through, but they had a Christmas sale last year.

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-holiday-sale-2017
    • Like x 1
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

They sure didn't advertise it before hand did they and I was out of town working. If it would have been posted before hand then I would not have been making a long post now would I. Heck, I would have bought a ton of items but nope they gotta use them gimmicks instead.

Everyone even Wally World posts Black Friday and Christmas sales way ahead of time. DCUO on the other hand does not. If they did, that long post never would have been written AND...... people would noty have to wade through unnecessary posts.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I for one am torn...the last 2 years I have bought the discounted year membership (80 bucks last year I think) and I guess I hope it comes up this Black Friday/Cyber Monday as well, but I'm a bit leery on buying it as I'm not 100% sure I'll still be playing for 12 months. I'm pretty sure if it comes up I'll buy it, but at the same rate if they had the 3 months for 30 deal they have also had before, I might go that way surpassing the larger savings for the more flexible lock in period.

I think the only other thing I'd spend my cash on is if they put those bonus inventory/bank slots up for sale. I've been holding off on buying them since summer hoping for a sale.

We'll see in a few days
    Reinheld
  12. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

For knarlydude: I guess they probably aren’t going to pre-clear their sales with you. They often have a sale around Christmas. Try to be prepared and maybe save the rest of us the pain of reading more of your self inflicted trials and tribulations next year.
    • Like x 1
  13. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

I don’t want to open a new thread so can anyone tell if they know the max amount of money you can have in your psn wallet?
  14. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

I think it is £120.00
  15. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

17. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Never gonna happen. Notice the SOE on the image. I bet at most we'll get 25% off of good things i.e. replays and 50% off of styles.
    And the last sales they had iirc had fine print... "does not apply to stabilizers".

The funny thing is I actually spent like 4x what I do now when they had decent sales. Meh.
    • Like x 3
  18. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I don't see us getting more than 25% off RB's either given new content pretty recent.

Shame as I almost never reset content. If it was 50% off my low SP alts would be getting a boost. If it's less than that, they wont.
    • Like x 1
  19. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Badges were half off last year and earth 3 had just dropped. I think they make a lot of money that way because people were spamming PAN E. But they know what they made so we will see.
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Same. There is no doubt that Daybreak is more of a penny pincher when it comes to sales than what SOE was, which has in turned caused me to be more of a penny pincher towards them. Oh well...is what it is.
    • Like x 2