Another thread about healers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Wallachia, May 28, 2020.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

Sorry about bombarding the forum with questions. But, see, by not being a subscriber, I can no longer spam toons and find out stuff by myself.

Anyways, what I want to know about healers is not one of the unanswerable questions like "which one is better", but it doesn`t go too far from it. My question is which healer power is THE MOST VERSATILE? Which one is the MOST MOBILE? And which one is the LEAST USED?

I have water, nature and sorcery available, I don`t have elec nor celestial, but this isn`t a problem in itself. What I DON'T want to be is another dime-a-dozen healer. I am used to Celestial, but I am seeing 983719237198231 water healers, and I don`t want to be another one. My speciality, personally, is using healing powers that are versatile and don`t get me stuck to places, where I can be more active. I don`t usually like to stay in the back throwing heals, I usually stay midway between the dpses and the tanks, so I can cover more ground.

Anyways, I thank whoever answers me.
    Cheers.
    • Like x 1
  2. Siramez Well-Known Player

Most Versatile - Nature
    Most Mobile - Nature and Electric
    Least used - Sorcery

Overall healing powers from best to worst:
    Nature
    Water
    Celestial
    Electric
    Sorcery
    • Like x 3
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

According to this, I will be excellent with a Nature healer.

Thank you for your answer.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I have a Nature healer but in my opinion I think water has the most going for it.
  5. Psyfur Well-Known Player

As a water healer, you can push out more heals than any other power set is capable of due to riptide and flood of power. Or you can load up on dom and essentially turn dps into tanks by spamming bubble and riptide. I see that all the time in alerts. Water definitely has a lot going on for it.
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I use sorcery. Jack of all trades type of power. 308 now, have solo healed all elites except cte and just haven't tried yet. I've used celestial and water. People count it out constantly and then can't believe it works so well. 4 player shield, 8plyr supercharge shield but I never use it. Endless power in bat form if you're trolless. 3 arts, orb of arion, page of destiny, and starheart. People also hate on starheart but I love it. My spam 4plyr heal is now an 8player that hits for 19k, stacks revivify, and feeds my watcher. So no supercharge loadout: priority heal, 4plyr shield, watcher (sometimes soul well but watcher has good saves and and adds dps plus is getting fed anyway), the big 8plyr burst heal, circle of protection that I place on the tank/ melee folks, and the 4plyr heal. Easy and fun and use my weapon a lot.
    Water, so simple and easy. Like pick whatever loadout really and you'll be fine. Hated the dps side of it so switched back to sorc.
    Celestial is fun, just a lot of work to me. I may give it another try someday.
    Nature and electric seem similar to me, can do great dps. Honestly, i think every power is plenty capable. I always see people list sorc as last but it's extremely rare that I get out healed and my circle is the only heal that does anything for npc's vs other powers getting some help in that area.
  7. Wallachia Devoted Player

I am testing Nature and I am very much liking it. I was a bit peeved about throwing vines, bugs and other stuff, as it sorta betrays my healer concept (A superpowered medic named Justice Medic), but the healing powers don`t have those visual effects and the shield is rather discrete.

I was used with Celestial, but the Cele combos annoyed me to no end, even if the power was visually cool (plus infinite range). So far I am actually enjoying Nature. I might make a water healer someday.
    • Like x 1
  8. Berza Committed Player

How do you make the 4man heal 8? If you are using PoD it will heal 6, no 8. And Starheart does not heal at all.
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

With the starheart:
    Jade Flame's Vitality
    Using a Group Heal grants you and up to 7 group members Health equal to (7.5/10/11.25/12,5)% of your Restoration.

By itself, not a great arti but has good base restoration stats. And 12.5% of 50k+ restoration ain't bad. But the fact it makes 4 plyr an 8 player is great and combines nicely with the page of destiny. Since orb makes your spam heal unspammable, I use the "4ply" constantly and it feeds my watcher and stacks revivify. Power usage is nothing on it and I don't use supercharge or have power issues so all the other arts are useless to me personally.
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Using a group heal grants "health": that means it gives you a higher top health stat. Notice it does not say " using a group heal, *heals*."

So basically, this artifact increases Max health, not heals up to 7 others.
    • Like x 2
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

One way for you to see for yourself, is look at your health stat. Then cast group heal, then check your health stat again. You'll notice it has increased by a % of your resto.
    • Like x 1
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Ahh, that's different than what I thought it was doing for sure haha. Tho I don't hate that as a side effect either. More health isn't terrible. It's the 1st art I'd switch out if they come out with something cool for healers but as of now, I see nothing that grabs my attention.
    • Like x 1
  13. Berza Committed Player

As Pale Rage says above, Starheart increases Max Health for your team, no actual Health. So if your teammates are like 5.000/120.000, Starheart will leave them in 5.000/126.500 (of course not including the heal provided by the 4man, that will leave them around 20.000/126.500). I can understand you don't find another useful artifact, but even if you only care about Restoration increase, The Demon's Fang will give the biggest Restoration increase, both in base Stat an in % Stat. Also it increases your damage, increasing team's total damage (Demon's Fang damage will proc for its full amount even if the boss has a defense buff, and sometimes even if the boss is inmune to damage, as Corum Rath in Throne).
    • Like x 2
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Solid info but now y'all have me thinking multiple questions about starheart that I can't find answers too. Thread hijack incoming, sorryyyy.
    If it raises a person's health, would it not also have to "heal" them to that new amount of health? Nice round numbers: I'm asking if my tank has 1k health and I use my group heal raising him to 1100, didnt that technically heal for 100? Assuming they had full health.
    Also, how often does this proc? Is it just apply once and done for an entire run?
    I'll look into demon fang but in my league, we are full of insane burners and full arts so as far as adding damage, I'm very unnecessary in that dept.
  15. Berza Committed Player

It will increase total health, so if your tank is at full hp he will get an increase in actual health. But if he is not at full hp even for 1 health point, his actual health will remain the same.
    Also, Starheart effect lasts (iirc) for 30 seconds after activation.
    I suggested Demon Fang due to its high Restoration, but if you CoP or SW, or any other Hot power, you can use Transformation Card to increase your crits.
    • Like x 2
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'll check out transformation, thank you. I think I've always looked at strategist and disliked the lack of info about the percentage of proc and confused it with trans
    • Like x 1
  17. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

All this healing talk is making me Blush and I LOVEEE IT lol. But I will chime in and say I was water for a long time but me seeing water healers all over made me switch to my other favorite nature.

Imo nature you can move around the most and the heals are amazing . The least I see is sorcery I have two friends I know of and they are sorcery . I'm actually going to change one of my healers to sorcery just because there isn't many out here.
  18. Brit Loyal Player

I am a career Nature Healer. Been doing it basically since launch. I've also mucked with Sorcery and Electric Healing, and minimally with Celestial and Water.

The most versatile healer (meaning versatile in being able to do well healing all content) seems to be Water. They excel in both 8 man and 4 man content. They are strong healers. They have strong shields, including an 8 player shield, which makes them ideal for large group content while working with group members who insist on ignoring some of the certain-death mechanics. "No, I cannot reach through your computer and press block for you. But I guess I can shield you, so that between your shield and your full life, maybe you survive with a sliver of health, and then I rapidly heal you up, so that you can avoid pressing block."

The most versatile healer (meaning versatile as in being able to do well at both healing and their damage role) is definitely Electric. Electric DPS is simple and straightforward, so if you find you need to swap between both roles, Electric is a great one to shuffle where you have competitively good DPS with minimal effort. It's ideal for the Healer who doesn't want to DPS, but knows that sometimes they'll need to be able to. Electric also makes a great 2nd Healer, because one of their core heals (Arc Lightning) deals damage, or in the DPS role Electric's core DPS rotation also includes Arc Lightning, which pads out a bit of extra healing. When venturing into content with everyone towards the minimum, like with newly released Episodes, I love having an Electric DPS in the group to take just a little bit of the extra pressure off.

The most mobile would definitely be Nature. Nature has the perk that basically no Heals in your regular Healing Rotation require being aimed. There is not a lot of cones or circles on the floor. It's just push button and watch green numbers happen. Additionally, once you get your three Heal Over Times running, mostly all you have to do is Flourish to keep them refreshed, shield as needed, and pop the Priority Heal when appropriate. None of those abilities are channeled or have long cast times or big animations, and all of them are clippable with Swarm Shield, so you have virtually limitless movement and ultimate freedom for positioning.

The least common would probably be Sorcery (though Celestial doesn't seem that popular either). With Sorcery, it is because it is not nearly as user friendly as Nature, Electric, or Water. It's capable of healing, but it feels like you have to work twice as hard. Also, in my opinion, it's a lot harder on the eyes than Nature, Electric, and Water. Too much bright and too much pink.

Generally speaking, I rate the Healing as:
    Water -> Nature -> Electric -> Celestial -> Sorcery

I rate the DPS of the Healer powersets as being:
    Nature -> Electric -> Water -> Celestial -> Sorcery

I rate the composite performance of the powerset, for those who care about both roles, as being:
    Nature -> Water -> Electric -> Celestial -> Sorcery

Be aware. If you build yourself as a Nature Healer, it makes your character the hardest to later powerchange to anything else. Nature is the red-headed stepchild of healing. Nature is the only healer set that does not have a good supercharge, so it is the only Healer set that doesn't seem to default to Eye of Gemini & Scrap of Soul Cloak. Instead, Nature largely seems to need an Orb of Arion to offset a lack of burst healing, while the Orb is not necessarily a good healing artifact for other Healer sets that have stronger burst healing already. Purchasing a powerchange is far cheaper than leveling an artifact, so just be aware, if you get too far down the path of the Nature Healer, you eventually are basically stuck on it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Vindex Active Player

If you wanna be an expert healer, go Celestial. If u wanna be an easy healer, go Nature :D
    • Like x 1
  20. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Celestial or electric, and nature or water: in my opinion.