Another returned player thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iscariot, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Iscariot New Player

Decided to come back after a good while off, my main guy is a quantum troll at CR175 named A Egg.
    Logged in and found there is just a pile of stuff to do, just wondering if you good people had any tips about what I should start running/any major new things to look out for. Been going through patch notes but it seems a lot has changed, I'd really appreciate if someone could give me a heads up on how best to dive back in.
    • Like x 1
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Welcome back a few things have changed, such as powers being revamped, Sp also getting a revamp and artifacts offering a alternative way to increase stats rather then strictly SP, Im sure somebody will come along and give greater detail in the thread
  3. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

I recently returned myself, about a month now.
    My main was at 207 CR. She's now at 260, and I got two alts up to 200. CR is very fast.
    Run Chaos Gotham for the current marks, and 3 gear boxes every day. Plus the vault gear box. That way CR increases quickly. Maybe run the instances in Events tab.
    It is a bit overwhelming at first! But, give it a few days and it makes sense again. A lot of the R&D stuff is obsolete now, and has been replaced with Augments and Artefacts. Maybe check out a vid on how those work. Now I'm used to them I actually prefer it, it's simple and all in the same place. Levelling them up is slow going though.
    Aside from that everything still works in pretty much the same way.
    We can stack colas now! :D
  4. DCUO Addict Committed Player

1. Go into your inventory, select the augments tab, and equip your augments. These replaced gear mods. (The white tactical mods still exist, and have expanded, but the colored mods that gave stats no longer exist.
    2. Go into your fortify tab and feed any old R&D materials, like exobits, into your augments to begin leveling them up.
    3. Go into your skill/stat points menu, and spend your points
    4. Imprint to your armory
    5. Go to some sparring targets and try some new loadouts
    6. Go to the vault
    7. Run the artifact mission
    8. Queue up for relevant content and go to Typhon’s Moster Invasion, Doomed Metroplis, and Chaos Gotham to do open world content while waiting for queue
    9. You’ll use Source Marks as your main currency until you get class to end game. The cap on Source Marks is 999,999, so you don’t have to worry about capping out.
    10. Have fun!
    • Like x 4
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Just start playing and look at your inventory and other menus. There are a few more tabs that you can click. Like in your stats tab. Click on your individual stats and they will open. There are a number of small things like that besides everything else. I would also suggest leveling up a character to level 30 again. That will help a lot too.
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Find a good league.
    • Like x 1
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Ah, yes. So it began... without you. Well, you can blow through all the content in a month. And i would encourage you to go with a healer/tank, then you will certainly have an easier time and so speeding the process.
  8. Iscariot New Player

Thanks for the advice, I just have to work out why my hand blasters won't work anymore and I am golden.
    The changes seem pretty good so far.
  9. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Of course ^
  10. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Re-equip them. That's what I did. Should work.. if not . Hmm.
  11. Iscariot New Player

Must be because I didn't resub yet or something. 'Requires Boost' on the mod and once I unequipped it it tells me I do not have the right proficiency.
    Sure I'll be able to sort it out.
    Alyce is not wrong it is a little overwhelming, I think I might just relevel a character till I get back in the swing of things.
    • Like x 1
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Did you fill out the Skill Points tree for HB? (And if you want the bonus moves, you must also complete Bow and Brawling.)

If it isn't that, I dunno, sorry. But don't forget to stick the weapon lair mod into the available slot.

Also, check if you've picked Might, Balanced, or Precision as your desired choice of styles and then otherwise filled in your Skill Points appropriately.
    • Like x 1
  13. Iscariot New Player

Didn't even consider that traits/SP had been reset. Thanks heaps.
    • Like x 2
  14. Batrederik Dedicated Player

As mstickle-fate said ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Iscariot New Player

Got it sorted, turns out I had dual pistols not blasters but still.
    What is a normal amount of SP at this point? I have like 86 and when I left that wasn't considered terrible.
    DPS Quantum is WAY more fun than I remember it being. Flying around Chaos Gotham smashin' stuff.
    Forgot how fun this game could be.
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

If you can keep your SP equal to your CR you will be fine running regular and elite stuff.
    The event stuff ..........your stats are buffed.... So it really does not matter.
    • Like x 1
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

As others note, the rule of thumb is to keep your SP up to your CR.

At 86, I'd suggest actively working on feats for a while. There are tons of easy ones, many of which are solo, so it shouldn't be hard to get another 50 or so SP fairly soon if you make it a priority.

Generally speaking, these days at top CR, you're doing well if you're over 400. I'd have a lot more SP if I hadn't slacked off on working at raid feats for nearly two years.
    • Like x 1
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

First things first - before you get drowned in irrelevant responses. How long have you been away?
    • Like x 1
  19. Iscariot New Player

A good year and a half at least. Probably more like 2. Not in any mad rush so I am just doing feats and such to get up my SP. CR is just gear and from what I can see it is actually easier to gear then it was.
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

OK, so you were here after the Revamp, but before the R&D change. Good to know. If you want some solid and sane advice, PM me, and I'll run you through it all rather than you rooting through a whole thread of pedantry and opinion :).
    • Like x 1