Another question about male hairstyles.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Dec 11, 2017.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

To megzilla or anyone out there, is this even something you guys are considering or possibly working on. I just want some beards, like fully filled out beards with some depth to them. Like Zues's beard, mammoth, green arrow, etc, anything. I would buy on the spot.
    • Like x 7
  2. velvetsanity Loyal Player

That’d be cool to see on male characters. OTOH, the hairstyle vendor in Watchtower is something like 90% male styles...
  3. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  4. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Definitely need more male hairstyles in the game. We got some cool Bombshell ones, how about some iconic male ones too?

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Yes, females have 4-5 bombshell hairstyles and 3-4 Amazon hairstyles...and what’s available at character creation. Which, IF the hairstyles vendor at Watchtower is any indication, is about 1/4 of what males already have, even after adding the bombshell and amazon styles.

I do agree with the OP regarding male facial hair, but beyond that, female hairstyles seem to be needed far worse than male hairstyles.
  6. Vesper Dedicated Player

No, there's actually roughly the same number of male and female character creation hairstyles.

The reason that there SEEMS to be more male styles is that there are like 7 different variations on each basic male hairstyle for each type of beard/sideburn/mustache combo. This came about back when the game was first developed. Rather than have the hair and facial hair as two separate selectors, they were "rigged" together. So instead of having the Afro style with choices of clean-shaven, mutton chop sideburns, handlebar mustache, goatee beard, etc., we have each Afro style locked in with each variation of facial hair as an individual and distinct style.

The way to fix this to allow more variations on facial hair AND hair for male toons would be to un-rig the two and make 2 separate selectors, one for hair and one for facial hair. This would allow ANY beard combo to work with ANY hair combo-----so you could have a goatee work with Ra's al Ghul's hair. Having hair as a separate selector from facial hair would even allow me to make my Circus toon: BEARDED LADY

BUT.......this would be an incredible amount of work for the dev team. And likely will never happen. Sigh.
    • Like x 4
  7. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Out of Genuine curiosity, how many of those Male styles are actually different styles, or just the same style with different facial hair styles. Not trying to downplay people wanting more female styles, but it is a reality of the male hair styles.

For every style there is about 3-4 other variants that are the same style with different facial hair.
    • Like x 1
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Ahhh, ok. That explains why I have to scroll through half a dozen or more male hairstyles before finding a single female style in the vendor. As long as the numbers are close to even, I’ll retract my statement once I can have Starfire’s hairstyle. The long hairstyle is too short, my RL hair is longer :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Megzilla Developer

I have male hairstyles (including facial hair) on my list of requested items. Lots of moving parts to coordinate with to get non-content related styles made and released.

I know a lot of people use the Krampus face to get a beard and it hurts lol. I'd also like to get beards for yall.
    • Like x 11
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Thank you for the quick response. I just was wondering if it was on your guys radar and im glad to see it is. I definitely get non dlc related styles take longer to work on. Just glad to see its hopefully something we will get.
  11. OhSicks Well-Known Player

Here's some pics I'd like to see reflected in beard styles. A few pics from the Snowbird Beard comp... Freestyle beards would be fun to see
    [IMG] [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Megzilla Developer

I think we will probably stick to more conservative styles.. Competitive beard styles are pretty niche
    • Like x 4
  13. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Been waiting for a normal moustache since 2011. I’m mystified that someone thought of a handlebar stache and a curly stache, but not a regular stache? Always seemed bizarre to me. All you have to do is clip the handlebars off and it’s done!

“Help us Megzilla, you’re our only hope.”
    • Like x 3
  14. Sugr Bear Committed Player

I would buy that hairstyle on the left in a heartbeat.
  15. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

What about a Hirsutal Time Capsule!
    Instead of a new outfit we get a bunch of hairstyles that can be enhanced using Hairy Motes.
    Includes the Woolen Material so that I can finally realize my woolly Batman character.
  16. SkullGang Devoted Player

I would be happy with a taper fade/high top.
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'd be happy with hairstyles that let us set a second color for gray temples, for instance.

[IMG]

[IMG]

;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Megzilla Developer

We have been exploring two-toned hairstyles =)
    • Like x 7
  19. Icon Active Player

It would be ABSOLUTELY fantastic if you could also release the hairstyles of all the male/female NPC's ingame already as well as their faces. I don't know the actual number of styles that would represent but it definitely would be well received in my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’d love to get that pinned up hairstyle that some of the female scientist npc’s have, so I’d concur.
    • Like x 1