Another one.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by xAcHieVeD, Jun 23, 2019.

1. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

So the devs decided to add the switch to the list of platforms that can play dc, but you’re going to tell me we can’t get a PvP update? Legends update? This is getting beyond pathetic to have to beg the developers to fix their game. Ask yourself how in the hell would new players even get their feats? No body even queues the damn thing. Should we find a new game to get competitive and non broken pvp? DC had great potential for pvp now it’s just utter terrible. How about put the time capsules on hold and give us an update?
    • Like x 18
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Upvoted because PVP needs some serious attention, has needed for a long time.
    • Like x 2
  3. Pinky Well-Known Player

Upvoted.
    The devs should find a way to monetize pvp. There's a lot of players scrimming every day in HoD on villain side. People are keen to pvp, but are put off by the multiple power imbalances and issues highlighted over the years in the pvp forums.
    • Like x 2
  4. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Only way id be fine with them monetizing pvp is adding new legends/legend skins...
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes. Obviously. Switch will bring in a significant amount of money. PVP changes will bring in more or less no money.

It's a no-brainer unless you think the game is a non-profit charity.
    • Like x 2
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That's what's necessary if people want PVP changes.

It's relatively useless to just ask for it. What people need to do is come up with practical suggestions as to how revamping PVP could bring in significant cash flow. It's just that simple. If it'll make enough money, DCUO will have a reason to do it.

If it won't, they won't.
    • Like x 2
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Just wait until the new Battle Royals mode is released....
  8. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Literally made a separate thread regarding how I feel about this. Feel free to check it out. Legends PvP Thread
  9. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

I will likely get some heat for this, but its okay. I like PVP how it is. Its dead. Its a ghost town. It allows me to go in there and complete missions for my alt without interference. Such as the Lantern War mission.

Although I won't complain about it if it ever gets fixed. Keep your fingers crossed that it will someday.
  10. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

I think we're talking about more arenas and legends.....But none the less, as broken as PVP is currently. I'd be more then happy if speed hacking disappeared.
    • Like x 1
  11. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

Oops. Sorry, my bad.
  12. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

This isn’t our job to figure out what they need to do. What game companies let one half of their game be utter trash? It’s not my job to figure out how to make THEM money. That’s what they get paid for, however it is their job to make sure the game runs correctly without glitches and broken mechanics. It’s useless to ask the developers to fix their game? Well if that’s the case then DC just needs to be shut down because there’s no hope then.
    • Like x 3
  13. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

I’m gonna check it out now. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  14. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I don’t PVP, except to get some of the feats, but I would support resources going to that part of the game in theory. In practice, I don’t understand what “fixed” looks like. From reading the forums, I understand that there could be a straight rock, paper scissors approach for multiplayer arenas, where the roles factor in. There are at least a few different potential approaches to counters, where immunities have larger or smaller effects. There are some things that seem to be universally supported, like keeping a very dynamic play style and designing the system so that skill at playing your character is the true deciding factor. There are also some things that are universally despised, as far as I can tell, like the 5 tap unblockable combo.

But those are just small pieces. What are the core elements of viable PVP? How much of it is still hotly debated? Are there some standard elements that most PVPers agree on? (I recognize that’s very subjective.)

Monitoring is tricky because of the large amount of resources that will probably be required to make significant changes. I’ve heard the only PVP DLC didn’t sell very well. Maybe there’s a way to incorporate some new PVP aspects or instances into the PVE episodes. I thought the turrets in the current alert were a nice nod to some of the basic strategy and tactics required for capture the flag arenas. Maybe they could create reactive emblems or gear that only light up while dueling or in arenas. Or add unique rewards to the arenas and legends PVP that become loot locked. The Marks wouldn’t be loot locked, just the unique rewards would be to encourage use of replay badges. Create augments for legends PVE the level up through drops in PVP. The augments should not effect PVP, to avoid introducing yet another game imbalance.

So that’s my 2 cents as a non-PVPer. Because there are many players that sincerely miss PVPing, I hope a good path forward is identified.
    • Like x 1
  15. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

The RPG system is definitely missed severely. But inside arenas it’s a spam fest, no one uses their weapon, can’t block any of the powers anymore so you can just imagine how much fun the rage and HL guys have. The mana cast for support roles is outrageous, healing being capped because our old matches would last the whole 15 minutes with only one kill. Trolls can barley give a full power bar inside arenas. There’s plenty more I just can’t think of them off the top of my head, but you sorta get the point. I’ve had the feats done the last 7 years so I don’t even need to do pvp but I like something I can actually compete against another player. It shows/ed who the better player/s and who were the better group as well. I liked the competitiveness PvE doesn’t have that and it’s looked down upon if you scoreboard chase so that doesn’t help trying to be competitive in that aspect. The immunities don’t work anymore either
  16. tioalbert Well-Known Player

Soy un jugador pve.

y juega al mejor pvp casualmente por 2 simples razones.

1.- Fue el primer pvp que me recompensó incluso cuando perdí.

ejemplo 1 vs 1, mi cr 30 vs cr 50.

cr 50 1000 monedas pvp perdedor i cr 30, 350 monedas pvp.

2.- Me ha gustado 2 armaduras pvp.

Ahora sugerencias:

1.- Retornar esa manera de recompensar.

2.- Aquí lo bueno es bueno.

desbloquea título 2000 monedas pvp.

Cuando obtengas el título, puedes comprar una baratija en el mercado,

un héroe o un villano, puedes elegir un personaje legendario y transformarte en los personajes legendarios de la batalla de forma temporal ;

ejemplos kripto, starro, ursa, cirse, zeus, supergirl, superboy, etc.

solo se pueden usar en pve y pvp de mundo abierto.

Por eso digo que imagino hacer t1 2 jugadores sin elegir las instancias de las leyendas. pudiendo con una baratija convertirse en hipólita, ares, etc. y usa sus poderes o

usa compañeros en lugar del robot icónico;

ejemplos; Starro, zeus, kripto, clayface, doomsday. giantess girl, spectre, constantine, etc.

son 2 buenas ofertas para devolver el interés en pvp y vender pvp.

O al menos eso creo.

Buen juego y buenas noches a todos.
  17. tioalbert Well-Known Player

I'm a pve player. and play pvp at its best casually for 2 simple reasons.

1.- It was the first pvp that rewarded me even when I lost. example 1 vs 1, my cr 30 vs cr 50.

cr 50 1000 pvp coins loser i cr 30, 350 pvp coins.

2.- I liked 2 pvp armor.

now suggestions:

1.- return that way of rewarding.

2.- Here the good is good. unlocks title 2000 coins pvp.
    When you get the title you can buy a trinket in the market, a hero or villain you can choose a legendary character and transform yourself into the temporarily or trivially companion battle legendary characters;

examples kripto, starro, ursa, cirse, zeus, supergirl, superboy, etc.

only usable in pve and open world pvp.

So I say imagine doing t1 2 players without choosing the instances pve legends. being able with a trinket to become a hippolyta, ares, etc and use their powers or use companions instead of the iconic robot;

examples; starro, zeus, kripto, clayface, doomsday. giantess girl, specter, constantine, etc

are 2 good offers to return interest in pvp and sell pvp.

or at least I think so.

good game and good night all.
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And it's not the devs' job to spend tremendous amounts of resources in order to lose more money.

Nobody said you were obligated to help the game. If you don't want to provide helpful, practical, ideas, then don't. Problem solved.

The "logic" of "there are things about the game I don't like, therefore the game should shut down" speaks for itself. But advocating that they invest resources in ways that will lose money is at least consistent with that theory.

Meanwhile, you haven't even described what the conditions of "fixed" would be. As Mepps has explained multiple times, given that there is ZERO concensus about that in what's left of the PVP community, how can you "fix" something when nobody agrees what "fixed" would look like?

I'm all for making PvP popular and fun.

What's your specific plan?
    • Like x 3
  19. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

To be fair..There was a whole legends thread detailing what's broken and how to fix it. With videos and examples and everything. Nothing was fixed from that thread.
    • Like x 4
  20. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

We’ve gave multiple videos, and explained on what was broken and messed up. We got the reply “we have no future plans on pvp at this moment” mind you that’s with problems with videos attached. Their job is to figure out how to make pvp money not the community especially when the game is considered to be “Free to play” also most of the PvP community who disagreed were some PC players who don’t even play no more cause they hate what they got “fixed” mostly everyone on the PS community disagreed with their attempts at what pvp should be. Also let’s not act like when pvp was alive and well in 2011-15 that we didn’t have legendary, or that we didn’t change powers and help with the game too. We did everything as well and spent money but I guess it wasn’t good enough? If you’d any of my posts you’d see I discussed multiple times of what was broken and wrong. It went over deaf ears.
    • Like x 1