Another Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dogico, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Dogico Loyal Player

Guys it hasn't even been 48 hours since the episode was released. Can we chill on whining and complaining about not getting 120 pieces? Every time a new dlc (now new episode) is released people who've replayed raids 3-4 times immediately rush to the forums to piss and moan that they aren't fully geared yet.

What's the rush? Why do you need the best gear day one? There is no reward for getting best gear first and obviously 120 gear is not needed to run anything, since the highest level content can be beaten without it. Yes, gearing up is a big draw for any mmo but if it is your sole purpose for playing then you have a problem.
    • Like x 20
  2. Delta795 New Player

B B But
    I wannnnnnna WHINE!

So there
    • Like x 2
  3. Stark23 Committed Player

Ran it 3 times, beat it 3 times, 1 120 piece (waist) on the 3rd run. Didn't bother me one bit. Everyone is so sensitive.
    • Like x 3
  4. RTHERMITE Well-Known Player

Because people want to say... hey bruh, I have all the best gear and I am going to stand outside Little Bohemia PD and duel level 3's and think im Beast."... that is why they complain, or its the scorecard one of the two.
    • Like x 6
  5. Antwoman Dedicated Player

lol that is true I was just watching that the other day and saying "you are like CR 120 and you bragging about destroying a level 10...is that something to be really proud of:" Sad thing is he didn't beat the level 10 fast in a way sine the level 10 was blocking and knocked him down like 4 times.:)
    • Like x 2
  6. Dogico Loyal Player

That's how it should be. I got gear? Sweet, time to remod. I didn't get gear? Oh well, off to do other stuff.
    • Like x 2
  7. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Because people want to get everything with the first run......so they can come and complain about nothing to do in the game, nothing to strive for....etc.
    • Like x 8
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Wish I could like this more than once. The attitude of this community really irks me sometimes. Never satisfied. If they already had all the 120 drops day one, they'd say there was nothing to do. Ridiculous.
    • Like x 12
  9. Soder coIas Level 30

For me, I've reset the instance 8 times. All 8 times, fully finishing the instance. Then reset hit, another reset and when it first came out. So in total, I've fully finished the raid 10 times. If I didn't reset, that would've been 2 months of work. And surprisingly, I only got one piece of 120 gear. On my 10th run. >..< I just want to have at least 3 pieces after 10 runs. >..< I guess I'll just run it 30 times and maybe I'll have my 3 pieces. :(
  10. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I think the main issue is since the raid gear is 2 cr higher people want it and I can understand people getting mad about just getting 112 drops that you can get in the duo .
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

The 112 is the only complete gear set in the episode. The 116, 118, and 120 gear are all the same four pieces. So, really, you're better off just getting marks toward the 118 gear and taking your chances on the upgrade to 120. To reach top CR for the episode, you'll need those four 120 pieces and the rest 112. Yeah, that 112 everyone is complaining about.
    • Like x 3
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

4 times is an entire episode, this game population is at a minimal right now and they put 2 rare drops in a raid, and players want to complain about players complaining? Eso and ffxiv have stuff to do all day for free to just the subscription fee. Y'all not doing dcuo no favors. How can anyone take up for 2 rare drops in raids after the new loot drop system that was installed? C'mon man
    • Like x 1
  13. Nuubia Well-Known Player

^
    Will you marry me?
    • Like x 2
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

These four pieces are going to span three episodes. Not one. The next two episodes will have different pieces, so these will still be the top tier pieces of their type until episode 18. Having the system as is keeps this content worth playing for the next 3 months, as it will be part of our 12 relevant pieces of content.
    • Like x 3
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

So 4 pieces for 3 months? I thought it was 4 pieces a month? Anyway you think 2 rare gear drops is ok instead of 1? This is not gonna help the population at all
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

This has been laid out by the Devs in detail. This episode will have 4 pieces. They are currently available at 112 (common drop), 116 (rare drop), 118 (vendor), and 120 (alternate rare drop in raid). All gear is available in CR 112. Next episode, four additional pieces will hit the vendor and be available as rare drops. The third episode will then have the remaining pieces. The process will start over with the episode that follows.
    • Like x 2
  17. Backseid Devoted Player

Well, if there was anything else to do or look forward to, this may not be as big of an issue. ALL other MMO games have much more than fighting instances to keep players attention. There is no "other purpose".
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I have been waiting two months for gear issues to be fixed in two tier 1 villain instances:

• Sentinels of Magic Citadel - Tier 1 Challenge does not drop loot for players under Combat Rating 53.
    • Hall of Doom Armory - Tier 1 Alert does not drop loot at all from the first boss, regardless of Combat Rating.
  19. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Did you just create a new gear thread to complain there are too many gear threads?
    • Like x 1
  20. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Pvp. Legends. Heists. Bounties. All old content. All relevant content.

There is no shortage of things to do in this game. Playing top level content and gearing up is a small fraction of the game, if you're willing to do other things.
    • Like x 4