Announcing the Official DCUO Discord!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hello DCUO! We have just opened an official Discord server. Discord is a live text and voice chat service you can access through your web browser, desktop app, or mobile app. We invite you to use this server to talk DCUO, find groups and leagues, and stay in touch when you're away from the game.

To join the server, all you need to do is follow this link invite (requires signing up for a free account with Discord):
    Community Manager "Office Hours"

You can also use this server from time to time to chat with the DCUO team during scheduled Q&A sessions and during what we're calling Community Manager "Office Hours." DCUO's Senior Community Manager Mepps (that's me!) will be available in the #ask-dcuo text channel most Friday's from 3-4PM PT. Stop by with your questions or suggestions during this time, and you'll know you've been heard.

We're always looking for new or better ways to communicate and engage with everyone, and we're excited to offer this opportunity for real-time conversation to complement the discussions that go on throughout the week on the official forums and social channels. Welcome!

Please note, the forum's community guidelines for conduct apply at all times to the server.
    • Like x 17
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
    • Like x 1
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Hmm I've never heard of Discord before, I'll ave to check it out !
  4. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

This shall be good
    • Like x 1
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Its like taking the best elements from Vent/TeamSpeak and Skype. Also it can be used on mobile devices.
    • Like x 3
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Discord is a superior program that we had used for a while. Best sound quality of any of the other programs out there.
  7. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I may be missing something but I am not sure why this is needed.
    • Like x 5
  8. StormOfWakanda New Player

Is this why we can't log into the game on xbox one??
    • Like x 1
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Discord is great. We are still using TS but i did some checking into discord a few months back and loved what i saw. This is some good news :D
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

11. Elite DamageX Well-Known Player

Why?
    You can find leagues, groups and chat in game.
    This is not destiny where you have to use app to find clans and groups to run raids and nightfall strikes, plus you have this website.
    Sounds like a big waste of effort on your part but good to see your trying new things.
    For you Mepps......you don't respond here to valued comments or messages so why would I try on an app?
    • Like x 8
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

So very awesome again this is pure genius you get a whole hour listening in on game info&Question's answer by mepps.

question will you be doing it today since today is friday? :confused:

that will lead into The Dcuo Sourcecast.

Make sure to catch Dcuosourcecast tonight&Friday's here at https://www.twitch.tv/thedaddyshouse
    4:00pm Pacific time
    6:00pm Central time
    7:00pm Eastern time

This week episode 211
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Huh... We just moved to Discord for our league... Is Discord this popular now? :O
    • Like x 1
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

So I downloaded it and it's pretty cool. It's fun to talk to all the forumites in real time ^.^

Until the boneheads showed up that is lol. Oh well, I may check it out again sometime.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

A lot goes on during the week. If you have a question or topic not getting a response, that's exactly what the office hours concept is for. See you there!
    • Like x 5
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

There will probably be something along shortly to replace it. This is like when your dad got Facebook...
    • Like x 2
  17. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I don't know why this is needed if you guys want to do a Q&A or just give us some info you can always use Twitch or maybe I don't know use the forums to do it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

I will put discord on my cell phone, then record myself insing in the shower while connected to DCUO's server.

It will be awesome.
    • Like x 1
  19. Keila0211 New Player

Hey I have a question can you collect all the investigations and briefings with one character or do you need different ones with different mentors?
    • Like x 1
  20. hook New Player

I got question for dc player how about if put different role on one toon, like troll, tank, healer on one toon with out log out, just need 4 armory set up?