Announcing New Episode: World of Flashpoint

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

ok thanks for the reassuring answer, it's just to make sure we are on the same page ;)
  2. fm0987 Committed Player

That or some sort of respec system for arts is needed. Agreed about breakthroughs, and seals should at least be earn-able in game or granted to members other than with loyalty. Maybe members could get bonus xp too as a perk or something? Definitely kills the alts game unless you wants to spends hundreds (or thousands?). Seems like they weren’t very well thought out (or were they?), there’s a lot of questionable decisions surrounding them. The way they are currently set up, pretty much as if they only exist to extract as much money as possible from the player base. While they do add bonuses to combat, I feel lIke the game would be the exact same whether we had them or not.
    • Like x 1
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I’ve always hated Flashpoint Wonder Woman after I saw what she did to Steve Trevor and Billy Bateson in the Flashpoint Paradox movie lol

I’m happy I finally get to get my revenge and avenge those two. What she did to them was horrific
  4. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

I am happy there will be no more Open world spam Bosses (...hoping it will stay that way for the further). :) Also EXCITED about Duo Elite! Finally I can do Elite every day with my buddy if I want to :)

Greetings and thanks for the good work
    • Like x 1
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]

The textured is outdated? Wut?!?!
    I can't remember if a green name addressed why hair wasn't included when the style was released.
  6. Brit Loyal Player

This is literally all that I am asking for. If you include this one quote, I will always thumbs-up any episode, regardless of what it's about.
    • Like x 2
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

Does that mean elite duos? That would be fun.
  8. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

May you please allow us skip cut scenes? I know we had this option for the duo and solo, but also for alerts and raids? Thanks. I know its harder for those because more new people on their 1st try would want to see how the story develops and cut scenes help for that no doubt I see that argument.
    This will drastically save time. I know people use this time to change loadouts or inventory stuff, plus please if we have a Duo allow us to skip after first try completion.

I beg deeply. I love this game, I just hate the repetitive nature of how we gotta see stories of over 500 reruns of each duo, alert, raid...I'm literally guessing that number too.

We appreciate the voice acting, the time put into cut scenes but we deser
    • Like x 1
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

I've been unsubbed and inactive since before the launch of Wonderverse, but this Episode sounds interesting.
    I will wait until Test and Live to see what the general feedback on this Episode looks like compared to the last few Episodes, hopefully it's a better and more well-balanced Episode which will have me subbing up and grinding my way up again!
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Not that I'm against improvements but every time a new artifact comes out does not mean you need to level it up right away. These past three artifacts (CR HUD, Chains and Quislet) for example did not shake up or create any new metas. They were interesting but not 100% must haves.
    • Like x 1
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

or, you know, just ignore the new artifacts & stick with the ones you got?
    • Like x 3
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

By functionality do you mean the surrounding group size scaling? I and many others really liked that once you guys got it properly tuned. Though I do understand a major element of that tuning was ensuring a small group could beat them within the time limit.
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

A lot of people use those cut scenes to make changes in their loadout including powers, artifacts, white gear mods and utility belt goodies. Too many people in this game are too impatient so if cut scenes were skipped many people would most likely be in their menu swapping things out as the fight begins.
  14. Eve YouTuber

My only issue is that if you die and a cutscene starts no one can pick you up.
    • Like x 2
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Mid-battle cutscenes is a thing that needs to die.
    • Like x 7
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Yeah, that’s an issue. There have been times in the past though where they’ve been able to fix that. Though, not every time unfortunately. One big help in that area would be to not have mid-fight cut scenes. As cool and immersive as they can be, I think functionality trumps form in that regard.

Similarly, I hope there are no pre-fight fights that are always included when wiping and restarting the fight. Having to do the statues again every time in the FGSe Zeus fight was one of the most hated things in this game.
    • Like x 3
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

Scaling to group size, contribution system, etc. We kept that type of scaling, without the time limits, in the Anniversary Event open world bosses.
    • Like x 4
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Love it. You guys rock!
  19. Whazues Well-Known Player

yea but you got to also think about the fact of the immersion if you take that away thats even more coding that they will have to go through which could set back the release of episode 40 and might just make the game have even more glitches than it already has and the team is doing everything that they are able to reduce it down and too me an mmorpg type game especially a raid that has story without the immersion of cutscenes that cuts out the story and ruins the content i've seen multiple mmorpg games fall due to the story being cut and they lost all but 1 player which caused those games to close permanently so as much as you want it to run better that wont happen if they cut any part of the content and you just got to be lucky getting into a raid or alert with other players who will raise someone that gets knocked down before activating the cutscene
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Chill out homie. I’m a story guy too. We can have cutscenes before the battle and after it. Just not during. I don’t think we even had cutscenes during battles until Metal part 2. I’m also not saying to remove them from Flashpoint or any episodes already released. I just hope they avoid them in future.