Anniversary Name Reclaim (Please)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TalosStark, Jan 12, 2018.

1. TalosStark Level 30

Should be self explanatory but we've ALL gone through the pains of naming our characters over the last several years. After being meticulous in character generation for 15-20 minutes only to find that the name you desire has been claimed.... it's frustrating. Hence the Xs and Os and i's and purposeful misspellings just to name a character what we would like or pay homage. And many of the names, I suspect, belong to long departed players or people who gave the game a try for free on console and departed because it wasn't for them.

So how about it DCUO? Any chance of running a few scripts once again and returning names to the basket fro accounts that haven't been logged into in X+ years? Or names claimed by free 2 play accounts that are defunct?

Thanks for the consideration!
  2. majosea Dedicated Player

no thank you , the last time the devs had a name reclaim players were getting name just so they could make a quick buck , Lfg was name selling spam , no content was being ran . I never want to see that again
    • Like x 2
  3. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I get the request, and I wish you luck in future name scenarios but I don't support another name reclaim, not even with the PS3 leaving.
    There are so many options for getting around a taken name.

If the game wont address gold spammers, why should they address people sitting on names or names being sold as currency.
    • Like x 1
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

As much as I would like the name "The Phantom" for.... well... for my Phantom character.....

I have to say "no" for a name reclaim.

Sorry. :oops:
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Get creative.
    • Like x 2
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Nope can't support that. Lorax put it best GET CREATIVE. Plenty of ways to come up with a name that looks good and that no one has....

First.. avoid the obvious. I am a huge Batman fan but honestly I actually get a kick out of the 90,000 XxxoooBatman000xxX running around the game.. My question has always been so your THE BATMAN from which alternate universe in the Multiverse.. Cause we kind of already have a Batman here and he'd be REALLY ticked if he knew you were using his name... WELL to be honest he is almost always ticked off about some thing.. I KNOW I KNOW .. people want to play the game and want to do it as the favorite super hero.. but when you have to put half an alphabet in front of your name to make it work... MAYBE its time to think about a different one? LOL :eek:

Next.... What power set are you using? how about a name associated with that? I have a CR 221 WATER DPS/HEALER named Lady Nereides. Where did I come up with that name? I went to google and did a search for Gods/Goddesses associated with WATER. The search led me to a wiki site with a huge list of ancient gods and goddesses and there I found Nereides .. now the name refers to a group of as many as 50 Sea Nymphs that were the daughters of the Old Man of the Sea. They were protectors of ships and sailors and had numerous talents including being able to heal wounds and to calm the raging seas (to help the sailors not drown I suppose). Seemed like a pretty cool name to me so when i created her.. Poof not a sole had that name.

Next... Why limit yourself to only English? I have an Ice Tank/DPS . Now one of my favorite female heroes is Black Widow .. Yes i KNOW that is Marvel not DC.. SUE ME lol Now I knew no way I would be able to just flat out name a alt Black Widow. Went back to google .. used the translator and guess what Black Widow looks like in Italian? Vedova Nera Now turn that around since the word Nero in Italian is Black and nera is the feminie version... and TADA! Nera Vedova was born.

I HAVE others but you get the idea... With a little imagination and a little web surfing you can come up with hundreds .. thousands .. of names that not a sole has ever thought of using in game. TRUST ,e I have 26 alts and only ONE has anything behind or in fornt of the name. First character I ever created was my screen name here TechWarrior. Well some one beat me to that name but when I put my birth date Day/Month behind it.. No issue t all and since I was a gadget troll with Batman as my mentor I just figured that was my code name and i was part of an elite squad of Metas helping to battle Brainiac! ANYWAY the point is not one other alt has any letters or numbers in front back or both sides of their name.

We dont need a name purge just a little creativity .. HAVE FUN :D
    • Like x 4
  7. Dene Devoted Player

I agree - get Creative

I wanted "Silver" or "Pride" - may as well want a Unicorn.. was never going to get it - even offered to buy the current Silver (seen him/her log on once)

I went through so many variables, two word Silver names etc - Then after way too many name changes, even totally going away from Silver etc I realised that I *still* only wanted to be Silver.. so I thought long and hard - OG Silver OP Silver etc were, to me, just NOT me lol

I tried some weird spellings etc but nothing fit - Then I realised that my league (Rising Legends) was the only league I would ever stay in.. so "Silver RL" was born & that is it for name changes (sorry Daybreak.. you got enough money from me buying tokens lol )

Point is - There are names out there - Millions of em.. I got the name "Golden Lasso" a week ago.. I am still surprised that in 7 years noone took that.. I made him this cool looking Glowing guy lol
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Coulda gone with "Rising Silver" :p
    Add on the title of "Legendary", and you get "The Legendary Rising Silver" :D
    • Like x 2
  9. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

No thanks... I have a habit of taking long break.. i really dont want to return to the game only to find that my character has been deleted...
  10. Dene Devoted Player

LOL - i like it :)
  11. Quantum Rising Committed Player

I rofl'd.
  12. Dene Devoted Player

^ My League's Leader - who, probably justly, believes I will change my name again :p

but I will not :p
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So, one more name change then? :p
  14. Dene Devoted Player

NNOOOOO
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Give it a few days and you will cave :D
    • Like x 1
  16. TalosStark Level 30

Yup all points duly noted. Thanks for the input.
  17. Kzinti Committed Player

Time will tell, it always does
  18. sirzap Well-Known Player

since it moot and academic that there is no name change that will happen...
    I had an idea before but now i think its safe to say it...

buy your names from dcuo with real money...
    yep! that's right! it will secure that you will have that name for perpetuity....
    I don't really know how will dcuo implement this if there is an ongoing name change....

but then again since there is no name change going on just be creative.
    • Like x 1
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

With the ps3 dropping they should let us put two spaces in our name so it frees up a **** ton more ideas. I don't get why we can't when our league names can.
    • Like x 3
  20. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

I'll log in every month then just to make sure you wont take my name! Even though I stopped playing the game I'll be sittin on that name in good dcuo manner.
    • Like x 3