Dev Discussion Anniversary Event: Metropolis Missions

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hello and happy new year! I'll be monitoring this thread now that the anniversary event content is on the live servers. If you have any feedback or find any bugs in any of the missions, including the one entitled "Monitoring the Situation," or any of the content in Metropolis related to Qwardians & Shadow Demons, please post about them here with as much information as you can.

I hope you enjoy the content, and thanks again for playing!
  2. tukuan Devoted Player

For the most part pretty cut and dried that said:
    • The vendor wasn't showing any equipment for me either upon entry or after being in the zone for 20 or so minutes.
    • Can repair please be added to the vendor. I'm not sure how many wipes there'll be but the thought of having to cut back through the laggy WT to repair is not existing.
    • Hard to check without other players in zone but please confirm that cogs will be shared as they are in the newer open world zones. Ie if I'm killing adds and someone grabs my cog will I get credit? If not please consider this.
    • The consoles for the one mission I had (forget the name but closest to the entry point) were fine when it was just me but I suspect once the zone is populated more will be needed.
    • I saw in the test thread that this wasn't planned, but please re-consider adding the location to Urgent Warfronts. WT is so laggy that moving through it is painful even at the best of times.
    For the record I'm a big fan of open world content and this was a good balance to keep us busy while queuing for the raid and/or getting a shadow group together so thumbs up!
    • Like x 1
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

I'm seeing a message read Update:*name* followed by a regular mission update on the screen after turning in or getting event missions.
  4. JackFrost Developer

I believe there is a second vendor who specifically does repairs in the area of the seasonal vendor. Correct me if you don't see it and I'll dig into it further.

The content should all grant shared credit so long as you participated, even if you aren't the person who used the cog icon specifically. I recall testing this while building the content, but it's possible that something was missed, so please chime in if you're not getting credit when you think you should be.

As for the vendor not showing any equipment-- is it possible you were speaking to the wrong vendor? Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks for the reports!
  5. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Hey Jackster, I think you might want to also monitor the other threads regarding the event and the new time capsules... there are quite a few disappointed players at the moment and it would be nice to get some feedback from youself regarding the issue.
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

Hi Jack I pulled a bit of a DA and misread the notification not seeing that the event was live. So i was on test at the time just before shut-down.
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

SUPER FUN!! The feat where you need to help the Iconics is a little lengthy for a 10 point feat though. We need more stuff like this. 10/10 for me.

SN: Great job bringing the WHOLE community together. Legendary and F2P players, PvPers and PvErs, and low levels and high levels.
    • Like x 1
  8. JackFrost Developer

No worries. Lemme know if you do see anything going awry on the Live service. Thanks!
  9. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Interesting Missions, Damn good and fun For myself.
    Question However.
    Is there a reason the Missions are NOT reset able?
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

I just did the solo mission (forget the name)where you have to destroy the device. I killed the guys and turned the cog to unshield the device, but someone else got all the hits on the device. I didn't get credit for destroying the device . We were not grouped. Le sigh...
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Had an issue with one of the iconics not registering that we helped. We tried to bring more adds to him, which he attacked, but then still wouldn't acknowledge that we helped:

Out of maybe 30 spawns, in multiple locations, this was the only one that had an issue. But, then again, it was the only time we found a spawn in that location.
  12. JackFrost Developer

Okay, thanks for the heads up. It looks like the enemies he was fighting initially somehow got away from him, since once those specific enemies are defeated, he'll leave as well, giving credit if folks were helping him. I'll see if there's something I can do to solve it so it can't happen again.
    • Like x 2
  13. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report. I'll take a look at it.

Edit: After a little digging, the issue is that you need to do a percentage of the damage on the actual device since that's what updates the mission. If it were the 'cog' and someone needed to secure it to update the mission, it'd give shared contribution, and everyone engaged with the encounter would get credit. So I'm going to make a minor change to the device so that it takes a few more hits before it gets destroyed. I'm hoping this provides a little more opportunity for anyone who was helping to destroy the object, but won't be too frustrating, since it shouldn't take a ton of hits. This change won't be immediately on the live servers, but should hopefully make one of the next couple hotfixes. Thanks again!
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Are you only supposed to get the intro mission for the event once? (As in the mission that rewards Qwardian currency and base item box).
  15. JackFrost Developer

Yeah, that mission is only intended to be granted once. The idea was to point players to the content; and ideally they'll know how to get to it again.
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Could you perhaps increase the spawn rate on archons or make it so when people fly over it and leave it doesn't activate anyway and spawn the giant Shadow demon? There were too many big guys running around and not enough archons to actually shut off.
  17. Boston Phantom Well-Known Player

So how long is thing running?
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Ok so the change to the weekly mission is too much. As usual its 1 extreme to the next. Finding the big archon demons isnt easy now. And the part where u dont let em form. Been running around out there now for 20 mins and couldnt find one. This silly. I understand why it was reduced, them spawning. But non existent? Smh. And earlier we got a group and farmed them. Didnt take too long. Problem is ya need a group. A nature dps doing the mission isnt going to kill the big guys by himself. So u have to do the not let em form part.

Not everyone has a group to join for this stuff. Sometimes friends and league are not on and u are alone. This is a seasonal event remember? There is already an 8 player raid part. But now i need a group to do outside missions too? No. Please adjust the spawn rate again. Its way too low now. There is also a feat for nottin letting em form 11 times. How are people supposed to do this when the thing for it barely ever spawns? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  19. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I second that. The reduction in Archon demons is a little too much.
  20. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, we were a little too aggressive in reducing how many of the Archons and Archon-forming encounters appear. A re-adjustment in the other direction should come out with an upcoming hotfix.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.