Test Discussion Anniversary 2022: House of Legends Living Quarters

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Jan 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

All this fuss about a base item vendor... why don't they just take personal bases out of the game altogether along with the watch tower and hall of doom? This communal space of House of Legends seems to be all you need. Not giving any reason to go to your base or WT/HoD other than nostalgia. Only thing a personal base is good for now is housing your armories.
  2. Eve YouTuber

Why? Me and others love decorating our bases. If you're not creative enough for your own that's fine, but don't take away from us what we love to do. Some people do amazing things with their bases and It's a huge part of the game. Ridiculous
    • Like x 4
  3. Trykz Dedicated Player

Yea they finna drag you for that lol.

Let me put it like this,
    I’m not a builder. I love the combat system, that’s what I do, there’s my enjoyment.
    When I log in, I usually have anywhere from 5-10 people telling me about their adventures,
    Usually some drama in pugs, or recent character gains, feats obtained, whatever. I love that part of the day.
    But if I’m being honest, when all the dps talk is done and the ******** about the QoL neglects are done, I really look forward to that one builder ,
    Who doesn’t really run group content, doesn’t care about meta, is like “Man Trickz guess WHAT!?!? I just got insert “ REALLY COOL BASE ITEM” here. Seeing someone get so stoked about a portion of the game I’ve neglected is super cool. And when there is no arguing (I love debating no lie) , no stat crunching, no parsers, or the usual “meta” of conversation, these builders offer a nice reprieve from that side of this MMO.

TL;DR: Builders are awesome and some of my favorite people.
    • Like x 4
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Thanks for moving the Broker. Much appreciated. :)

Can't wait to see what more you add to this wing in the future. :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Eve YouTuber

Charon, is there a chance that you guys will consider putting more work into Leagues after this? Leagues needs some serious love.
    If we even had a point to league missions there or anything it would be amazing. Obviously not right now, but as a future addition.
    • Like x 2
  6. Stranger Well-Known Player

And an actual PvP Vendor... so i dont have to walk to Watchtower every time :-(
  7. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I was being sarcastic... people are asking for vendors and stuff that you can get in bases or WT/HoD to be put in HoL. I was basically asking, why when you could just go to your base or WT or HoD and get it or do it. My opinion is that if it has to do with your base, it needs to only be accessed by your base. If it has to do with your league, it needs to only be accessed in your league hall.

And aside from the phase shifter, there is now very little to no reason to go to the WT, or HoD. Unless your leveling up a toon and need the intro iconic suits.
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

Because HoL is the new hub. I don't recall asking for a new area, that was on the Dev team and It's not that big of a deal. WT\HoD aren't really meant to be used anymore, they are left for Nostalgia, as per Mepps They "Decided not to destroy them". Having a base vendor in my base is kind of dumb and takes a lot of necessary space for decorations. I don't see any problem with giving some loves to a community within the DCUO community that focuses on bases. It harms no one.
    • Like x 3
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Hall of Doom and Watchtower are still great to go to if you don't want to see spam or crash every damn 5 minutes ;)
  10. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Do you mind organizing our teleportation list for leagues and bases? Right now it's a bloody mess.

Suggestion:
    • League +(opens list of leagues with all bases under those flyout lists)
      • League 1 +
      • League 2 +
    • Friends + (opens out to your friends list for those whom have given you base access)
    • Alts + (opens to a list of your alts and any bases you have access to from them)
    • Like x 1
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

??? The Bank Mail and Broker are gone from the Living Quarters on USPS4?? :oops:
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

I see them now. Are they still not showing for you?
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I still do not see them. Will try to show what I see in my next video.

EDIT: Nevermind.... I logged off logged back on... and there they are. ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

"Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in?" XD
    • Like x 1
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

I do think some got destroyed in the Dev event last night and didn't respawn until after restarts maybe. Tlantern is making it so they respawn instantly if destroyed somehow by evil Dev activities - or other random stuff.
    • Like x 3
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Doomsday was wrecking everything in sight.

Also, did not know they could get destroyed. lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I live in my base and have little need to go to house of legends outside of Constantine you speak for your self sir
    • Like x 2
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

thats because they are preparing us all to be antiheroes and they cant do it soon enough in my book

and im with you a phase shifter needs to be added to the house of legends
  19. iQueen Celestia New Player

I'm probably the only weird one here thinking:

"Hey! Living Quarters! That sounds like an apartment idea for the HoL. That would be cool." Would love to have that option maybe in the future, if permitted. I know we're able to have one as a member for our base as the free gift (thanks BTW) but it would be interesting if instead of just paying for a base location in the overworlds of metro and Gotham, players also have choice of a room in the HoL.

Since bases now come in various sizes, the in game currency amount paid for the deed and location like it is currently, could also work for the size of the HoL "apartment" one wants.
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I always suspected that you Devs were EEViLLL!!!

Now.... we have proof. ;)

On a more serious note....
    When I tried to place the HoL Lair in the HOL Dormitory North..... it placed it in Archive JLA instead.

Not a big deal.... but thought it was worth letting you know. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.