Dev Discussion Anniversary 2022: House of Legends Living Quarters & Lair

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Jan 11, 2022.

1. TLantern Developer

Hello everyone! Welcome to the feedback thread for the new updates to the House of Legends, specifically the new section we added for player Lairs and League Halls dubbed the "Living Quarters."

There is a new room in the House of Legends where you can teleport to Lairs and League Halls, as well as create new Leagues from NPC John Stewart.

In addition we have also released a new House of Legends themed Lair! Members will get one for free and everyone can buy more in the marketplace.

You can also report any bugs you may find the the Foyer where we added some new decoration for the Anniversary Event.
    • Like x 7
  2. Aetrius Well-Known Player

Moving the League donation box was a really bad idea. The one good thing about the HOL was that nearly everything you needed was in a single room. Spreading it out is incredibly inconvenient!
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is the same teleporter meant to be used for Lairs AND legaue halls? If so, i cant see any lairs in that list. I am in a League (Fyi).

As i wrote the first sentence i figured testing if my base tracking is active. Turns out all was turned off by default.
    I turned 5 random lairs on and nothing shows up, still.

I relogged and still nothing besides league halls.

The Foyer TP works fine.
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is the next step going to be a base item vendor in that room? Would be pretty neat.
    • Like x 2
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

It's a goal of mine, yes. Still TBD but there is traction and like I said before in other threads, it'll start off small and expand over time. We want a more generic Ikea like vendor too at some point.
    • Like x 4
  6. Eve YouTuber

I appreciate the effort so much. This new base was what I always wanted for my tech-based character, and the tech lair just didn't do it to me. Also, New place to locate our bases at! LOVE THAT!

It's really those things that makes the difference for the decorating community. Thanks again Charon, Oceans, T Lantern and everyone involved with the base stuff :D

P.S the controller banner....who heard my crying for that??? xD
    • Like x 3
  7. Millbarge Developer

the House Markers in the House of Legends were for the House of Legends Lair Theme only - but - I'm adding all of the Lair Themes now! Soon™ any Lair Theme will be able to choose the House of Legends as their entrance/exit destination!

-Millbarge
    • Like x 4
  8. Eve YouTuber

*Faints* Happy to hear that! But all of them will cost 25 sm to place in HoL?
  9. Millbarge Developer

Yes - It's a prime location

-Millbarge
    • Like x 3
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

We'll have another one near the salvage table.
    • Like x 1
  11. TLantern Developer

We're putting one back in the Main Observation Deck to keep with the one shop stop mentality.
    • Like x 4
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Love the lair! It's great, my only gripe is:
    The points for the amenities is really not great. Why can't we have them be free placement or at least have them grouped in one wing or more spots to place them in each room?

Can we have a league hall based on this design?! Can we have lair entrances in league halls? This would be amazing. We'd be living in our league halls! :D :D :D
    • Like x 2
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

We very much want free (or freer) placement of amenities. It's on the list to investigate. Sadly it's not just data, it would take some tech.
    • Like x 7
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

*makes note to self*: "opening for career in superhero architectural design."
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I am curious, these were new map lairs (manor and HoL), was there a limitation that was introduced? Could it not have been built in during the design phase? Was there something that prevents 3 purple circles being placed right next to each other? I understand the free placement being needing new tech, but would placing 6-8 purple circles in a closer proximity require more tech?
  16. Siramez Well-Known Player

i would LOVE to see this happen, because i want to put the sparring target in the middle of the back room in the new lair!
  17. myandria Item Storage

The House of Legends Lair is very cool! My main issue with it:

The skylight ceilings where you can see the Bleed shows the Metropolis buildings through the clouds when you look up if the base is placed in Metropolis and you can faintly see the moon through those clouds when placed in Gotham. I'm still experimenting with locations to see if I can find one that doesnt show either Gotham or Metropolis window scenes.
  18. WrongWhole New Player

The House of Legends Lair is great but my only issue is you can only place down 2 Armories throughout the entire lair! I would really love to see that improved on to allow me to place more than just 2 Armories.
  19. WrongWhole New Player

I figured out how to place items outside of the circles on the ground LOL. Can't figure out how to delete my own comment though :D
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Sorry about this being unrelated; Would you ever consider the possibility of adding the extra room (like Brainiac and Atlantean lair have) to the older purchasable base lairs? Such as Tech, Penthouse, etc. Thanks! :)

Edit: or perhaps a 200 marketplace coin "upgrade" to do so?