Anime List

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Mini Lini, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Hello! Well, back on the old PC Forums I started an Anime thread under my old name Liniaria. This thread was devoted to having people come and share some of their favorite anime with each other so we could have a nice little list to come to when we needed something to watch!

I was just thinking about it again since I'm looking for a new anime to watch and figured... Why not make a new one since now we have our fellow PS3 users here as well! I'll start with a few I liked a ton and then probably post some more later.

• Avatar: The Legend of Korra {{Sequel to Airbender}}
    • Code Geass {{It's a mecha type of anime}}
    • Kyo Kara Maoh
    • .hack// {{All of the series}}
    • Black Cat
    • Darker Than Black
    • Zero no Tsukaima
    • Kampfer {{Gender bender anime/funny}}
    • Spice and Wolf
    • D.Gray-man
    • Sword Art Online {{The BEST anime ever! MMORPG based}}
    Well, that's a few for starters... I'm sure I'll think of some more later. Btw.. Mine are nearly all fantasy based... Though if you want to include genres that is fine!
    • Like x 1
  2. Lwee New Player

Hey, great idea ;)
    *I'm obviously skipping the commercial stuff everyone knows about, I'm sure Naruto/One Piece/Bleach will be on plenty of lists anyways*

-Hajime No Ippo: Possibly one of the funniest and most touching anime I've ever seen. Very inspiring and philosophical but light-hearted enough to be enjoyable. Definitly one of my all time faves... And Takamura is just hilarious :D

-Air Master: Maki is AWESOME, shows not all female leads need to be all kawaii,dim-witted and with huge breasts... There's second roles and comic relief for that ;)

-Baki The Grappler(most recent serie, not the OVAs and older stuff): Not necessarily great or the best but it's a guy thing I guess.... I just love seeing Baki 'roid-raging and the action/fight scenes are great.

-Samurai Champloo: I love Hip Hop, Japan and the story was awesome. This one I never get tired of watching.

-Tokyo Tribes: Exactly the same reasons: Hip Hop (Illmatic Buddha MC), great design and story (Santa=Genius)... A bit short but great from beggining to end.

-Kennichi History's Strongest Disciple: Need a good laugh? Give this one a try :D My favorite character has to be the jujitsu sensei :D

-Elfen Lied: Great story, gory and all but skip the kissy-kissy romance and it's good... Don't and it can get a bit redundant... 7/10
    ..I'm forgetting tons I'm sure but these come to mind at first... They all have one major flaw tho.... WAY TO SHORT!!! Most are like 2 or 3 seasons tops so yea... Maybe it's better that way, to stop while they're in their prime instead of slowly sinking or having to ''jump the shark''.

Can't wait to see what other people suggest ;)
    Already loving this thread :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Ya I was going to put Naruto up there but figured anyone who watches anime knows about the "big 3".

Btw nice list! LOVED Elfen Lied, shame it was so short.
  4. Alan Scott New Player

Fullmetal Alchemist
    Black Butler
    Saint Seiya Omega (I'm a Saint Seiya fanboy, so it's kinda normal, but I don't think it should be listed at all)
    Death Note
    Fairy Tail
    • Like x 1
  5. JokerWing Level 30

Fullmetal Alchemist
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (Remake that follows the manga more than the first series)
    Cowboy Bebop
    Soul Eater
    .hack
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Ball Z
    Deadman Wonderland

I can't think of any others to put on here at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Thanks! Actually always wondered the difference between FMA and FMA Brotherhood.

Btw, since you like .hack can I suggest trying out Sword Art Online?

SAO is about a couple thousand people who get chosen to play the Open Beta of a new MMORPG fantasy game. Virtual Reality one. Though when they start, they all get pulled to the starting town by the GM and told that they are now trapped in the game, the only way to get out is to beat the game. If they die inside the game or remove their virtual headset they will be shocked to death in real life.

The story just follows the main character around as he attempts to finish the game and meets people in it. It's really amazing!

{{Sorry if you know about it already, just is my fav anime so spreading the word!}}
  7. risen New Player

There is a new one called devil survivor 2 it seems good.

I recommend deathnote. Evangelion. Black Cat. Cowboy bebop. Naruto from the beginning. Dbz. Bleach.

I actually had a thread for suggestions ppl put up a lot
    • Like x 1
  8. risen New Player

SAO was fun very cheesy though
  9. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Agree to disagree! I think many steered away from it due to how much romance it got later in the series... I like romance though in an anime so... Not ALL romance but some is good.

One reason Naruto, Bleach and OP annoy me.. It's too kiddy and no romance. Just crushes and giggles.
  10. OMAAR New Player

I may be a bit old for this list but:

Akira
    Crying Freeman 1-4
    Doomed Megalopolis
    Fistof the North Star
    Vampire hunter D
    Macros plus
    3x3 eyes
    And last but not least my favourite: Ninja Scroll.
    • Like x 4
  11. risen New Player

Dont get me wrong I like sao I watched it in bulk episodes. But romance in anime is and has always been super cheesy which I dont mind cause im a hopeless romantic shhhh.

In anycase shows like Naruto and bleach arw action orientrd no time for a romance but the depth of the stories like shippuden are not directed at kids per say
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Darn most of the stuff I've been watching the past few years has been said. If only I could remember all the stuff I watched back when I work at a video store. Well maybe that's a good thing a quartet to half of it could warp young minds that might read this :D.

Now a days I get my Anime from Cartoon Network's Saturday Adult Swim. Bleach is the only one that's showing new episodes (to me anyway) now so sadly that's all I'm watching.

Oh and thank you for clearing up FMA what little I've seen of Brotherhood just had me lost, parts looked new and others didn't.
    • Like x 2
  13. JokerWing Level 30

I haven't seen this I'll have to check it out, it sounds similar to .hack which is really cool. I can't wait until we can play games like this but without the whole getting stuck in the game and dying stuff. lol Thanks for the suggestion!
  14. risen New Player

Ew watch it in subs lol bleach that is its so much better in Japanese and it ended a while back at 357 I believe
    • Like x 1
  15. Mini Lini Loyal Player

No problem! Ya that'd be really fun to see in my lifetime! Virtual reality games like that.
  16. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Ya.. can't even watch stuff dubbed anymore... Not after watching so many subbed anime.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Never been one for subs I spend all the time reading (and pausing) and miss everything else. Plus I'm usually playing a game at the same time its on.
  18. risen New Player

[quoteLegacy, post: 131319, member: 1608"]Never been one for subs I spend all the time reading (and pausing) and miss everything else. Plus I'm usually playing a game at the same time its on.[/quote]

The problem with that is its very dumbed down when dubbed
  19. Death Throe New Player

I've loved anime since I was a kid. Thankfully I have found a website where I can organize my anime watching and also notes which ones I'd like to check out if I have not as of yet. The following list is not complete. Sometimes I'll watch something and forget to add it to the list at http://myanimelist.net

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Lwee New Player

K, this guy ain't playing :eek:
    Picking a few names off that list for later ;)