Anhur's info/guide to being an Electric (DPS)

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Anhur, Feb 20, 2013.

1. ASH New Player

i think this: "It has the same LoS issues heavy shuriken had, which means not only can allies block its damage, but enemies too can prevent it from covering it's whole AoE" was hint enough;)
  2. Anhur Committed Player

I think it was 2 days ago, roughly
  3. The Saiyan New Player

I've been electric since it launched and have recently messed with alot of loadouts, this is the one I've come to like the most. From left to right static push, electrostatic bomb(spam able), electroburst(spam able), electrocute, downdraft from the flight tree(spam able), elctrogenisis. I start with static push to polarize then immediately cast bomb and electrocute then you can really cast the other dots how you please. But on smaller adds ill hit static push and bomb then electro burst or downdraft since they are the quickest to cast and you can almost cast them immediately after they are cast
    I have vacuum bubble unlocked as well for times I know i can benefit from using it. Sorry for any errors on spelling, im on my phone and auto correct is a killer sometimes.
    • Like x 1
  4. raiz0 New Player

For dps burst damage (you can keep up with gadgets and HL) i give a small hint :

Attract -> Fast animation and is clip-able with any power / weapon combo
    Spark Barrage -> Fast animation

So you can do Attract -> one hand combo -> spark barrage -> one hand combo -> attract -> one hand combo - repeat

And when more ads are near you -> attract clip with voltaic bolt -> one hand combo -> attract clip with spark barrage -> one hand combo

*Note* : this is only an example i gived you , there are another way to do burst damage , this is the simplest one and you can keep up with gadgets (good players ofcourse)
  5. Fame New Player

A Might build makes up for the split AoE damage Electricity specializes in. But since split AoE is also responsible for the slow damage/kills and seemingly low damage Electricity offers, a mixture of both is ideal. At this level, with the evolution of player ingenuity, you want and need to be as fast as possible in-game to be relevant. Precision > Might, no mater what the power set. In actuality, Electricity would perform better with a Precision build, it's just no one has dissected nor discovered this. Precision gives you more damage over time and per second, of which Electricity specializes in. I will show you what this power set was meant to do.
  6. Wrxxer Level 30

Care to make your own guide with this precision build? I would be interested to see the outcome.
  7. xNohellz Committed Player

My melee loadout with the 1-Handed : E-Burst, E-Bomb, WhirlingD, E-Cute, Wired & Static Push

my weapon is a 1-H PvP T2 (never see droped the 1-H 131.1 in t4 raid) , and most of the time I finish the first DPS

Electro-Bomb cancel with Static Push cancel with Wired, Melee attack Electro-Bomb cancel with Electrocute, Electroburst ( when all the Dots are released) Whirling Dervish, 5 DoTs at the same time plus melee combos
    • Like x 2
  8. Fame New Player

Sure. I'm waiting for level 5 plans to be released before modding but I'll create a guide as soon as the newer build is ready. Electricity is unmatched, that is why it isn't altered like the other sets. People have completely misunderstood it.

@All Electricity users, give up on dots. Immediately.
  9. Wrxxer Level 30

What does level 5 plans have to do with a power loadout? Share the loudout and rotation.
    • Like x 1
  10. ASH New Player

hahahah i cant stop laughing :)
  11. Fame New Player

You asked for a 'build' not a load-out. 2 completely different things. A build consists of how I'm allocating skills points, power points, modifications as well as my rotations to my choice of weapon and other things I'm carrying such as consumables and trinkets. It's also my specific functions as an Electric dps within instances to make sure I always out-perform every other dps player.

So no, sorry, I'm not gonna spoon-feed you just a load-out. I already instructed that if you, currently want to do higher damage, abandon all dots. From there should know what you need if you've been experimenting. I will make a tutorial guide just as Anhur has done when ready. The reason why many don't share load-outs on the forums is because there are things they don't want nerfed by SOE that's why you're supposed to experiment extensively as I or others have and arrive to a solution.

My solution for you is to 'get rid of all dots immediately' that means no Electrogenesis, or Electrocute and a big no to having both. If you are to have one I would recommend Electrocute, but use this only in specific situations such as Boss fights in which you cannot clip Weapon Combos as easily without risking a knock-out. Electrocute slows you down and the only way to clip out of if is with Wired or Bomb previously, but that messes up a good rotation and Wired is best used to Clip Voltaic Bolt and Spam Repeat, a faster more damaging move with higher interaction damage.

Ah, last edit, piece of advice, if any of you are using Tesla Ball, Tesla Blast, Repulse, Ionic Drain or Arc Lightning.. you have no hope. Understand that Dots are good for PVP situations, in PVE you will not keep up.
    • Like x 1
  12. Wrxxer Level 30

So your saying that Anhur's guide is crap? Worked fine for me and I have not been out DPSed by another Elec dps yet.
  13. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I kinda agree with Fame, dots are nice but having too much is bad news. For T5 having dots is going to be good, but its not going to be on top unless you still use burst. If I can do 10000 damage over 5 seconds while your dots do that over 30. I'll be doing more damage.
  14. Fame New Player

Lol, if you read Anhur's guide properly you would know I'm saying exactly what he said. He's already provided 'the' load-out that can keep up with Hard Light and Gadgets. I'm reinforcing that part of his guide. What I have disagreed with it the misconception that Might is the most applicable trait to Electricity, it's not, not anymore. A perfect balance of Precision and Might is needed, you have to decide the ratio according to your playstyle, if you are clipping and still require more damage > Precision, if you aren't clipping and require more damage > Might (you will still do less damage).
  15. Wrxxer Level 30

Can you maintain that 10000 damage over 5 seconds?

I advise you to read his guide and his follow up remarks.

16. Fame New Player

[Anhur says]: With the current knowledge of tactics, equipment, mods and skill points available, you'll find that Electric has taken a back seat in terms of overall damage output that can be accomplished - excluding bosses, enemies just don't have the health to withstand the burst damage of other powersets, so your DoTs are not as effective - this is not likely to change until T5 content is released. In the mean time, stick to your instant hitting powers, as an example of what I use when running with Hard Light and Gadgets players - Wired, Static Push,Electroburst, Electrostatic Bomb, Electrocute, Voltaic Bolt.
    ^
    As above. Dots are not effective, I'm reinforcing that it doesn't make a difference when tier 5 come. Dots will be ineffective, forever, players no longer play as they did a year ago, any decent dps that can clip will destroy any using dots. Despite Anhur's remark about Dots being effective in future tier, he is still not using them in his loud-out when running with other DPS.
  17. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I still think one or two dots are fine. My mental dots hit like a truck. But only relying on dots isn't going to net good results.
  18. Fame New Player

Consider this, 1 dot takes about 1 second to launch clippable or not. The recharge on a dot is 5 seconds. In 6 seconds a Gadget or Hard Light DPS can go through 3 rotations. 1 or 2 dots is fine, if you don't mind being doubled or trippled in damage. Lol
  19. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Now that I don't agree with at all. I can clip a combo with a power that hits for 700-1000 and each dot for the duration is ticking at 300 every second. All the while I've been doing other combos and burst powers. Some with dots as well.
  20. Wrxxer Level 30

This is not a debate about what is better DoT or burst damage.

Post your build up. Stop talking about it and show the proof.

And please non of the "but the devs will nerf my stuff" or "i dont like spoon feeding" or "waiting for t5 plans to come out".
    • Like x 1